...or any useful judgement at all. I agree, and that's the most annoying thing about the recent complaint threads to me - too many people criticizing the game who haven't played it yet. It's one thing to voice your opinions, but if you're just regurgitating what someone told you online are you really offering anything helpful? Some backlash or letdown after the hype is inevitable, but it shouldn't start before you've got the game.
I don't think screenshots and words are enough to base an overall judgement of the game, they never are. It's the 'feel' of the GT series that I love, and as long as that's still there I'll be happy. And I'll reserve any judgement until I've played it myself.
But hey, if you're scared away by all the panty-knotting and hand wringing around here you're completely free to NOT buy GT4 - nobody's forcing you. 💡