What do you think has been the best game so far on the PS2(apart from GT3)???

• Thread starter Brian P
  • 39 comments

The best PS2 game so far (except GT3)

• GTA 3

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • SSX Tricky

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Combat 4

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Time Crisis 2

• Quake 3

• Silent Hill 2

• Tekken Tag

• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

• Other - Please specify

• Square Soft's - FFX

• Total voters
So what do you think??

Apart from GT3 I'm goin' with GTA 3.

If I've left your favourite game out of the poll please post and tell us what it is.

Final Fantasy X, hands down. GTA3 is great, and it will have lasting appeal (Jump in, cause some mayhem now and then...) but It didn't become a large part of my life as FFX has. I never sit down for a 'quick fix' in FFX as I do in other games. It's always 8 hours if I even switch it on. :rolleyes:

Second I'd have to say GTA3, and Devil May Cry in a dead heat. :)

I voted GTA3 - reason being I rarely play anything except driving games, and generally the exceptions (is that an oxymoron?) are sporting type games.

But this game has got me really involved - whether it's the story missions, just wandering around exploring, murderous rampages, or even just cruising around in someone else's car - I'm at the point now if I'm driving around I don't look at the map anymore, I know the layout by the landmarks. They've created this marvellous living city.

Well I have to vote GTA3 because I only have my PS2 about a month now and I only have GT3 and GTA3. And since AC04 and MGS2 havent been released in Europe yet I cant judge about those yet. But Im definetly gonna check those two out when they hit the stores :D

I can't vote. I am hooked on Metal Gear Solid 2 now. Before Metal Gear Solid 2 it was Grand Theft Auto 3.

Grand Theft Auto 3 got my life for a while because that game is great and very addicting. I still have to beat that game being I have received a new toy.

Metal Gear Solid 2 has stolen my life. I have nothing better to do. Lately I have put many hours into Metal Gear Solid 2 and I still love it and want to keep going.

Well all of these are great selections! Almost every game up there I have. GT3,GTA3,SilentHill2,AceCombat4,MGS2 I mean when you own at least these 4 games then it is hard to decide. I love my SilentHill2 and all but it is not as good as MGS2 or GTA3 or AC4. For me it is a great battle between MGS2 and GTA3. I will not vote cause I think it comes in a tie. :)

The best two games so far have been MGS2 and Tekken Tag. I'm a huge fan of the Tekken series, so naturally it was my pic on the poll;)

Love me some GTA3. Haven't bought Metal Gear Solid 2 yet, so I don't know, that might be kicking GTA3 out of my playstation when I finally get it.

I don't have any of those games yet, but give it time. I do have Jak & Dexter and enjoy it very much. One reason I have this game is because its Kid friendly which is a must in my home. After they goto bed though I can get out the Killing ones.. ;)

I voted GTA 3, but I will recommend Silent Hill 2 to anyone that likes a bit of horror.... Be warned though, the game is pretty slow at the beginning, but the more you progress, the more it eats away at you...

My girlfriend, was very interseted in watching me play the game in the first 5-6 hours, but later she had a pillow in her hand, if it got too scary :D , and later still, she completely left the room, when I played it... :eek: ( I only played it after dark, adds to the atmos..)

The game is a bit short though, I completed it in about 12 hours, but with 5 different endings, I'll do it again soon :)

Brian P,

I see there's no Final Fantasy, #10 is what I mean, GTA3 I haven't been.

:rolleyes:

Huh, oh.....umm. We'll, yeah FFX has been pretty good to me....kinda hoping for GTA3 for my B-Day so I can add that to the list...

Originally posted by Pako
Brian P,

I see there's no Final Fantasy, #10 is what I mean, GTA3 I haven't been.

:rolleyes:

Huh, oh.....umm. We'll, yeah FFX has been pretty good to me....kinda hoping for GTA3 for my B-Day so I can add that to the list...

Yeah I completely forgot about Final Fantasy X, I guess its coz its so far away from being released in Europe.

Any moderator feel free to edit it in to the poll - HINT, HINT

Originally posted by Brian P

Yeah I completely forgot about Final Fantasy X, I guess its coz its so far away from being released in Europe.

Any moderator fell free to edit it in to the poll - HINT, HINT

:) - I'll get right on it.... ;)

I'm surprised there hasn't been any votes for MGS2.

I haven't played on it yet, but from what I heard it was gonna be like a ground-breaking game, and I kinda expected to be. I guess everyone just loves GTA 3.

I voted for Ace Combat 4 for two reasons:

1-flight sims are my favorite type of game
2-AC4 has the most photo-realistic graphics of any PS2 game

GTA3 is an excellent game, and i must admit i do play it alot, it is one of those games that you return to when you are bored with doing normal games?

But i think if i could vote again i would vote for MGS2, i have only played the extended demo, but WOW this game is so polished, i have lent the demo out :mad: and i need it back again, there are so many little touches in the game that make you love it..... this game is what the next generation consoles is all about...IMHO..

Well, my money goes to Devil May Cry. Whata nice game k

about mgs2......i just recently rented this and after running around for thirty minutes just to kill some odd thing with a stick, didn't have me too drawn in. Does it get better?

Maybe..... i put it on easy with hard puzzles so maybe that's why i had to run around for 30 minutes and only get at one enemy.

Then again i was in a rush and only watched half of the fmv sequences before fast forwarding.

I have one question......IS IT HARD?????

I love hard games and for some reason i haven't played any yet.

I have gt3 (i know, it's as hard as you make it ;))
gta3
time crisis with the gun (very fun)
the new bond it gets tricky but nothing exciting
ssx
summoner alright, not very very challenging though
mignight club (held me over till gt3)
soul reaver 2 very dissapointing, but still one of the best
:cheese: :cyclops: :x: :embarrassed:uch: :drool:

anyway if you have any hard games for me to try out reply with em

I dunno, GTA3 got boring after around 3 months. :\

SSX Tricky, on the other hand...... :D

I voted for Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies. I hate not to vote for Gran Turismo 3: A-spec but i felt like voting for something other than the king of video games. I also think Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies has a little bit better graphics and it has more of a story behind it. The story: Some kid is going to school a dog fight is taking place near his home. one plane goes down and kills his parents in the crash. The plane that shot down the other plane is called Yellow 13 so the kid wants to avenge his family's death. So he joins the air force. It is a great story. For Gran Turismo 3: A-spec it is just for the love of driving. :cool:

Back