What does GT5 have over FM3?

• Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 1,097 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we've established it is UK Top Gear. Check

Now, as I was saying before the rant, I hope T10 do a better job of implementing it into the game. IMO opinion it is an excellent feature for any racing game but PD failed to capitalise on it.

Proper Stig challenges would be awesome, and obviously standing start time trials.

Other than that, the graphics in the early trailers for FM4 look amazing. Let's just hope they do a bit of work on the physics model. I don't think it will ever feel as good as GT5 but as long as they nail everything else I will buy it

Now, as I was saying before the rant, I hope T10 do a better job of implementing it into the game. IMO opinion it is an excellent feature for any racing game but PD failed to capitalise on it.

Proper Stig challenges would be awesome, and obviously standing start time trials.

Other than that, the graphics in the early trailers for FM4 look amazing. Let's just hope they do a bit of work on the physics model. I don't think it will ever feel as good as GT5 but as long as they nail everything else I will buy it

They wouldn't have to do much to surpass GT's current implementation. Hopefully PD will correct this in an update as it can't be difficult.

As for Forza's graphics, I won't get excited until I see gameplay footage.

Ya Pops, no more digs, no matter how innocuous.

This thread is purely for discussion of GT5 versus Forza. As such, there may be complaints about GT5... and complaints about Forza. That's inevitable. If there are complaints that anyone feels is unfounded, please feel free to debate them. If you see the general tone of the discussion becoming simply another GT5 disappointments thread, please feel free to report it as so.

Was Outrun better than gt5?....I'd say so in 1986! Thank god for MAME!

Anyway, don't want to run this off topic!:)

Outrun is STILL better than GT5 because it keeps getting updates.... the latest one blows away anything you have seen from Frex or Dbox....

They wouldn't have to do much to surpass GT's current implementation. Hopefully PD will correct this in an update as it can't be difficult.

As for Forza's graphics, I won't get excited until I see gameplay footage.

Yeah it's always difficult to judge based on pre-release vids but if the car models are anything to go off it looks pretty nice.

To be honest, FM3 graphics were pretty good. Obviously not as detailed as GT5 but not exactly a draw back.

And yeah you would have to wonder how hard it could be for PD to introduce standing starts and a proper Top Gear challenge. They obviously feel that other features take priority...

I think the physics model is just more of Turn10's "interpretation" of racing more than trying to go all "hardcore". Having driven both of these games physic models Forza really isn't that far off from what GT5 has. Everything is there it just isn't as pronounced as it is in GT5. I'm hoping that Turn10 decides to put a "Hardcore" option , or whatever they'd like to call it, in the game to obtain those physics for those who want it.

Yeah it's always difficult to judge based on pre-release vids but if the car models are anything to go off it looks pretty nice.

To be honest, FM3 graphics were pretty good. Obviously not as detailed as GT5 but not exactly a draw back.

And yeah you would have to wonder how hard it could be for PD to introduce standing starts and a proper Top Gear challenge. They obviously feel that other features take priority...

I'll be the first to admit that PD dropped the ball in so many "simple" areas that it's mind numbing. I'm seriously in support of the feedback page as a result. If they don't respond and get surpassed it will be their own fault.

However, I'm not convinced that anyone else is going to run the table until I experience it. I'm not sure which of Forza 4's presentation was pre rendered or just live footage. The reason I say this is because half the show was live action as you know, which was disappointing.

I think the physics model is just more of Turn10's "interpretation" of racing more than trying to go all "hardcore". Having driven both of these games physic models Forza really isn't that far off from what GT5 has. Everything is there it just isn't as pronounced as it is in GT5. I'm hoping that Turn10 decides to put a "Hardcore" option , or whatever they'd like to call it, in the game to obtain those physics for those who want it.

That's a pretty good point. I've only played Forza 3 for about half an hour but I have to say it was a lot of fun. It still feels like you're driving a car, but you just don't get the same attention to detail as you do in GT5.

In GT you get a much better sense of actually being connected to the road because you feel every bump and camber change and the cars handle as you would expect them to in real life.

But yeah if T10 manage to tighten it up a bit and still offer aids for more casual racers then that would be awesome

That's a pretty good point. I've only played Forza 3 for about half an hour but I have to say it was a lot of fun. It still feels like you're driving a car, but you just don't get the same attention to detail as you do in GT5.

In GT you get a much better sense of actually being connected to the road because you feel every bump and camber change and the cars handle as you would expect them to in real life.

But yeah if T10 manage to tighten it up a bit and still offer aids for more casual racers then that would be awesome
Believe it or not Forza does have those things, you just don't have them as pronounced as in GT5, maybe it's a wheel thing also. In case you're using a controller with it.

Funny you say you feel more "connected to the road" with GT5. Actually I feel you're more "in-tuned" with the car in GT5 but you feel more connected to the road with FM3 if that makes sense. But you really have to try FM's Nordschliefe (or whatever) GT track. Believe it or not there is way more action from the road in FM3's version that GT5's. This surprised the mess outta me as it seemed like GT5's Suzuka seemed more lively than FM3's. I thought that the Nord GT track was going to be the future for FM3's tracks, unfortunately it was the only DLC track they pumped out 👎 But I can honestly say it was WELL worth the price of admission.

Don't believe, well I got video, wanna see it , well here it goes (you gotta say that line like the guy in the "In Living Color" stint who used to play the guitar and sing a song about dumb stuff, ok forget it)

And friend and I racing online.
That's me in the Pors... uh in the Non-Ferrari

Last edited:
Ya Pops, no more digs, no matter how innocuous
Or accurate and well deserved?
You've got to be kidding me....

Can I help it if the guy takes things completely the wrong way?

The chimp pic: Pretty obvious what that meant, and it wasn't a dig. Well, maybe slightly, but still no reason to get all upset.
'Whoosh': Since he failed to understand the chimp pic, 'whoosh' was justified as it obviously went sailing over his head.
As for 'Your user name is misleading'... The above two points prove that statement.

Let's not forget that there was no argument taking place before he came in issuing orders and threatening the lock like some kind of wannabe mini-mod.
Let's also not forget the fact that I'd clearly stopped bothering to reply to him a long time before you felt the need to post.

Anyway, on with the thread.

Last edited:
Or accurate and well deserved?
You've got to be kidding me....

Can I help it if the guy takes things completely the wrong way?

The chimp pic: Pretty obvious what that meant, and it wasn't a dig. Well, maybe slightly, but still no reason to get all upset.
'Whoosh': Since he failed to understand the chimp pic, 'whoosh' was justified as it obviously went sailing over his head.
As for 'Your user name is misleading'... The above two points prove that statement.

Let's not forget that there was no argument taking place before he came in issuing orders and threatening the lock like some kind of wannabe mini-mod.
Let's also not forget the fact that I'd clearly stopped bothering to reply to him a long time before you felt the need to post.

Anyway, on with the thread.

You lack common sense. Sometimes it's best to just shut up and move on.

Actually I feel you're more "in-tuned" with the car in GT5 but you feel more connected to the road with FM3 if that makes sense.

Not quite sure what you mean but I haven't played much Forza so I will have to give it a go. And that video does highlight a few things:

The tracks look better in Forza, more rubber, less sterile.

The sounds is better in Forza.

Forza has Porsches :)

Believe it or not Forza does have those things, you just don't have them as pronounced as in GT5, maybe it's a wheel thing also. In case you're using a controller with it.

Funny you say you feel more "connected to the road" with GT5. Actually I feel you're more "in-tuned" with the car in GT5 but you feel more connected to the road with FM3 if that makes sense.
I feel my cars is more "glued" to the road in FM3 but I don't think that what you meant by connected. For example that s corner where the AI often over shoots into the grass at N GP in GT5. As in your video it seems very flat and more glued to the road compared to Gt5.

I feel my cars is more "glued" to the road in FM3 but I don't think that what you meant by connected. For example that s corner where the AI often over shoots into the grass at N GP in GT5. As in your video it seems very flat and more glued to the road compared to Gt5.

Do you mean the S right at the end of the video? If so I gotta say that they both feel the same between both games. Can't tell you how many times when first racing that track I collected some sand. LOL. One part of the track I like the most between the two is , you know I need to learn these turn names, ... wait, I'll get a map..

circuitnurburgring.jpg

Ok, here we go. The "Ford" turn. In GT5 when you come out of it it's really flat but in FM3 it's VERY bumpy. Really cool. But that's one of the things I do like about GT5's tracks. Overall they seem to have more undulations than FM3's.

You lack common sense. Sometimes it's best to just shut up and move on.

Yes, you're correct. I clearly lack the common sense to stop myself from telling you to go 🤬 yourself, you jumped up, humourless, arrogant little 🤬.

Consequences be damned.

Did you miss my post earlier stating that this thread was to keep away from the personal digs?

I don't care if they are aimed at a single person or a group, by implying that those who only own PS3's are incapable of forming a rational view on the subject, you are attacking the individuals rather than arguing the point.

Congratulations - thread locked.

Re-opened following a cool off period.

However any repeat of the poor behavior and disregard for the AUP that was seen before will see the thread locked for good.

Its in your hands guys, your actions will keep it open or not.

Scaff

Guess what?

That's right, once again this thread is locked and to be blunt I see very, very little reason in re-opening it in the future.

Its quite clear to the staff that a number of members are utterly incapable of discussing this subject in a civil manner, and no one can say that fair warning about this has not been given.

Scaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back