What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I'm currently playing way too much Total War: Three Kingdoms, so I hadn't had much time to play other games (or do anything else, for that matter. It's eating up all my free times). I'm have Horizon Playlist to get through, and I'm also in middle of new game of Sekiro, but Ancient China ain't gonna reunite itself.

I don't think I've had this much fun with Total War since the Total War Shogun 2 and Warhammer 1. If you are remotely interested in strategy games, then do yourself a favor and get Three Kingdoms.

As of now,
  • Still on good ol' reliable CS:GO. Just playing it casually with a few mates
  • Rocket League has been peaking my interest as of right now, and sucking the most hours
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, finally.
  • Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally are on hold until, hopefully, next month to month and a half.
  • Assassins Creed Freedom Cry is also on hold, because it's on console, and I don't have it with me.
  • I've been also puttig some hours in the Pokemon TCG Online, which has been really fun

I'm currently playing way too much Total War: Three Kingdoms, so I hadn't had much time to play other games (or do anything else, for that matter. It's eating up all my free times). I'm have Horizon Playlist to get through, and I'm also in middle of new game of Sekiro, but Ancient China ain't gonna reunite itself.

I don't think I've had this much fun with Total War since the Total War Shogun 2 and Warhammer 1. If you are remotely interested in strategy games, then do yourself a favor and get Three Kingdoms.

Better than Warhammer II? Because that and Shogun 2 are my favorites til now.

Better than Warhammer II? Because that and Shogun 2 are my favorites til now.

In terms of battle, I'd say Warhammer 2 is better because it has sheer variety on its side, but I like Three Kingdoms' campaign more than the Warhammer 2's. Diplomacy plays much heavier role in this one, and you have to tightrope around faction politics to avoid 'whole world vs. my faction' situation later on. I have several campaigns that I abandoned because everyone ended up hating me.

There is also no agent in this game, so you won't be agent-spammed like past titles. You do have to make sure that you aren't hiring enemy spies as generals or ministers though. Be sure to check generals' CV carefully before hiring them.

Not sure if it'll replace Warhammer 2 for you, but if Shogun 2 is one of your favorite then I'm sure you'll like this one.

Now it's the buildup to the 1999 season

1999 season is over.
MLB playoffs for this year:
DIVISIONALS
  • Seattle Mariners (99-63) def. Chicago White Sox (109-53), 4 games to 3
  • Anaheim Angels (100-62) def. Baltimore Orioles (100-62), 4 games to 2

• LA Dodgers (100-62)(yawn) def. Cincinnati Reds (93-69), 4 games to 1
  • Florida Marlins (96-66) def. Milawukee Brewers (94-68), 4 games to 2
CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
  • Angels def. Mariners, 4 games to 3
  • Dodgers (yawn) def. Marlins, 4 games to 1
1999 World Series
  • Dodgers (START SUCKING ALREADY, YOU'RE REALLY MAKING ME HATE THIS SAVE) def. Angels, 4 games to 1. Some schlub name Jim Thome got MVP.

Nascar Heat 3

I had the demo for a long time but never played it, I gave it a shot last night in career mode and I enjoyed it. I ended up buying the ultimate edition for $40 or something. The graphics, sound, physics...well pretty much everything isn't the greatest but the gameplay is still fun, so worth it for me.

I now have a racing game on PS4 for pretty much every discipline in motorsport, what a great time to be fan of motorsport and racing games! Just a few years ago it felt like we had really limited options on consoles.

Last edited:
90% done downloading F1 2019 Legends Edition (PC) now. Gonna play this alot until vacation time. :cheers:

Still playing Rainbow Six Siege and The Division 2 on PC regularly.

9BAL3f6l.jpg

Crusader Kings 2 using the After The End mod, usual run as the Duke of Delmarva trying to form a custom Kingdom of Maryland.

Playing as Queen Melanie I Derren of Maryland and the Old Dominion, known as 'the Wise'. Age 40, one of the better military minds of her generation, been Queen of Maryland since the age of 9. Married to Fenwick Hagerstown, age 50. They've had six children to date:
  • Cynthia, current heir, age 24, m. Eldridge Bordentown
    -Nicholas, 3
    -Martin, 2
    -Wilbur, newborn
    (currently pregnant)
  • Ethan, 21, a commander of the Maryland army, betrothed to Princess Amanda of Michigan
  • Nicole, 21, twin to Ethan, m. Judge Lambert Littler of Hurlock
    -Melody, 4
    -Nicole, 1
  • Nicholas, 10
  • Amelia, 7
  • Charlotte, 6

I finally decided to play The Witcher 3 and finished the game yesterday.

Dman it's good! Avoiding spoilers for 4 years was not easy but it was so worth it. What a masterpiece.

I finally decided to play The Witcher 3 and finished the game yesterday.

Dman it's good! Avoiding spoilers for 4 years was not easy but it was so worth it. What a masterpiece.

Man i really envy you!
Wish i could forget everything and play it trough again.
By the way i recently picked up Days Gone and playing it right now simultaneously with GT sport.

I finished Assassins Creed Origins. Really interested to play Odyssey soon. Other than Forza Horizon 3 and 4, I'm playing Watch Dogs 2. I already beat it but it's fun just to explore around the city, especially at night. I'm also trying to get all the extra items. I really need to get back into Cuphead, Titanfall 2, and Doom though.

Picked up Skyrim again. The remaster on PS4. There is something about this game that instantly gives me the right vibe. Already 20 hours in again and discovering new stuff every time. What a game.

I am STILL playing Total War: Three Kingdoms. I just learned how to use that game's modding tools, so I think I'll end up playing it until next year at the very least.

Other than Total War, I'm also back into Forza Motorsport 7 proper because I realized I still haven't gone through the game's career mode to the end. I'm doing GT Racing Reborn division currently, and the Merkur has been a blast to drive so far.

Between Total War and Forza 7, I haven't had time to play NFS Payback even though I grabbed it few weeks ago while it was on a sale (15 bucks or something). I'm hoping to finish Forza 7's career mode as fast as I can, and then try out NFS Payback before new GRID comes out.

I replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for probably the 10th time this week, since it's free with XBL Gold this month. I'm glad I picked it up instead of getting the recent "remaster" collection on PS4, since this has the original voice acting, and is functionally identical to the original. The achievements are pretty barebones, but that means I was able to complete everything in a handful of hours.

It's still a fantastic 2D side-scroller. I miss when games didn't require dozens upon dozens of hours to put a dent in them.

Outside of that my gaming time has been split between F1 2019 and Forza Horizon 4 a lot recently. Before the launch of '19 I also tried to wrap up the rest of '18, but of course that didn't end up happening.

Horizon Chase Turbo has been getting a lot of my playing time this past few days since it became free on PS+. It's one of the most fun arcade racers in a long time with a proper old school feel about it.

KJdb3as.jpg

Back to Minecraft (PC, Java, vers. 1.12.1).

This is gonna be my animal pen. Embedding my home base into a hill, this will be my top floor.
Base layout:
Entrance-->Animal pen
|
v
Farm, crafting area, bedroom, storage
|
v
Nether portal
|
v
Tree farm
|
v
Deep mine

Earth Defense Force 5 was just released on PC yesterday. There goes my whole weekend.

The weapon upgrade system and armor upgrades applying to all classes at once are definitely welcome improvements, now replaying older missions doesn't feel like a trying to pass a roadblock that's forcing you to try and find "the best gun" to keep going.

Mobil 1 Rally Championship and just found out there is no way of turning off cheats unless you uninstall and reinstall the game.

Trying out some SNES games for the first time, age and having a Genesis meant the console passed me by, so recommendations would be appreciated. Currently going through ActRaiser, which is a curious mix of action platforming and city building? While neither part is really fantastic the two elements feed into each other well enough to make for a good game.

Meanwhile Dirt Rally 2.0 is more Dirt Rally, which is really all I need from it. Waiting for most of the DLC to be released before getting it mostly fixed the main issue I had with the first one, which was a lack of tracks. Even if they're repeats of the first game.

Forza Horizon 4 will usually take up some time as well, gotta collect all those exclusive cars I'll never use again. When it works that is.

Some particular discovery in personal modding has given me renewed interest in playing this classic game again in my laptop and I am definitely enjoying it more ever than before. :)

images

I'm not playing actually, I'm using my racing games to test and find a near perfect solution for my dilemma >>> correct mathematical FOV on a monitor or a triple or on a TV or with or wihtout head tracking ... and have a huge peripheral vision.

Over the last few weeks, I have been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It did not initially capture my attention, but it has over the past few weeks.

Trying out some SNES games for the first time, age and having a Genesis meant the console passed me by, so recommendations would be appreciated. Currently going through ActRaiser, which is a curious mix of action platforming and city building? While neither part is really fantastic the two elements feed into each other well enough to make for a good game.

I did this ages ago because we were a Genesis family too. I don't have many suggestions outside of the obvious ones, like Super Mario World and Kart. The former is still one of the best 2D games ever IMO, and while Kart is a little dated it's still fun to revisit IMO.

The other one I'd recommend is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. It's probably best experienced with a buddy but it's still an awesome, entertaining beat-em-up.

I've gone back to Uncharted 2 to wrap up everything for Platinum. Did that, so now it's on to Uncharted 3. In doing this I'm decluttering: I've already got rid of the Arkham games, and the first Uncharted. Since I have all of them in digital forms on the PS4, I really don't need them as the original discs. Outside of a handful of franchises (GT, Forza, and MGS), I really don't have much attachment to modern titles, so figure it's good to let go.

I have sort of been playing RACE 07/GTR Evolution again lately. Things have really come full circle. Over ten years ago, I upgraded my [now previous] PC with some extra RAM to try to play RACE 07. I never got to get that game then. So more than 10 years later, here I am playing this SimBin/Sector3 classic. I liked the RACE games mostly for a lot of lower and mid-level racing machines. And of course, having the ability to race the WTCC Extreme cars. Making car liveries for cars is a lot more cumbersome than a lot of other racing/driving games. That's really the reason why I got back into RACE 07- developing skins.

Currently playing PS+ games
Recently finished - Detroit: Become Human (really interesting story)
Currently playing - What Remains of Edith Finch (another really interesting story)
Up next - Sniper Elite 4

Been meaning to jump back into The Division 2. I got to WT1 geared up for the missions to get to WT2 and stopped. Seems people are pretty happy with the latest updates so if Sniper Elite 4 does not hook me, will be going back to TD2.

Back