What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
In between driving, when I feel well enough, I've been playing Earth Defence Force 5. It's uh... It's really good. Not easy to describe. Absolutely hilarious with a couple mates. Other than that Stellaris is my opiate.

These are all the games that are installed.

Naamloos.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to try the XBox Game Pass promotion, mostly as I've been wanting to play Forza Horizon 4, which I have been. I also downloaded and have played Dirt 4 a bit.

I also played through What Remains of Edith Finch and have been thinking about it since. It's as much an interactive novella as a game, but some elements in particular hit. One is the story I think hits everyone hard as it's so well done. The other was putting together a little of what happened with her dad, especially seeing the photo of him along side his disaster assistance vest, as it looked very much like mine.

Some other games I downloaded, started, and uninstalled. I guess as I'm getting older and regularly dealing with certain things, violent content has lost its appeal (although I was never big on it), so I'm mostly sticking to racing and puzzle games. If anyone can recommend a good rhythm game on Game Pass I'd like to give those a try.

I've been meaning to get and play through Edith Finch. I too find that I'm only interested in racing games and puzzle games/walking simulators these days.

I just picked up an old PS3 to play some racing games with my DFGT. It ends up being much cheaper than buying a wheel that works with my PS4 (grrr Logitech!).

I've been meaning to get and play through Edith Finch. I too find that I'm only interested in racing games and puzzle games/walking simulators these days.

I just picked up an old PS3 to play some racing games with my DFGT. It ends up being much cheaper than buying a wheel that works with my PS4 (grrr Logitech!).

Edith Finch is fairly short and mostly an interactive story. It's also well done enough that you may not want to play it if currently in a poor state of mind, as it gives first person views of tragic events.

As for the PS3 I'm still using mine, as I've yet to get a PS4. I went with an XBox One for the current gen console a little over a year ago.

Last night, fired up blur on the PlayStation 3 for the first time in a while. This game from 2010 can be pretty tough on harder levels, so I am not ashamed playing this game on easy. It is perhaps a forgotten game from the same company who made the highly successful Project Gotham Racing series. I think "blur" should appeal (at least, to the modern gamer) most to the modern Mario Kart gamer who may also enjoy Need for Speed. That basically is "blur" for the most part- a very fun car combat game with intense action. Best of all (and unlike modern Mario Kart games), no hardcore rubberbanding AI. So if you have a PS3 and love racing games, surely add "blur" to your collection if you don't have it already.

rjEaz1f.png

Original RollerCoaster Tycoon, Forest Frontiers scenario. Somehow my path network is more efficient than it looks at first glance, mainly due to regular use of no entry signs.

I completed blur tonight. I now can basically try to complete all the different objectives I haven't yet cleared, but I think this was just a very cool racing experience with this competitive arcade-type racer. I think "blur" is a great, perhaps overlooked racer. It has a look and character that are great even today. Surely add this one to your PS3 collection if you have a PlayStation 3.

I'm currently replaying Mass Effect Andromeda, because I never got around to finishing it in my first playthrough, and I've been hankering for some singleplayer shooty games. Thankfully, shooting bad guys is really fun; it's shame that everything in between the shooty stuff is such a slog. Quite buggy at times, too. I'm planning to ignore every side quests as much as I can (except companion specific quests) while blitzing through the story.

I was well aware of the game's reputation going in, so I'm not really expecting to be blown away by the story or anything. I guess I just feel an obligation to finish it, as a fan of Mass Effect trilogy.

F1 2018. £12.99 in the PSN sale. It has a nice checkpoint invitational event like AC, Time attacks like AC, overtake challenges like GT and a time attack mode like rivals from Forza in addition to what you'd expect.

Last night, I played SuperTux. SuperTux is like Linux's answer to Super Mario Bros. It is all free and open-source (or FOSS in gaming terminology). The version for Android TV that I played was a development version of the game. Sadly when I tried to play a bit further in the game after completing some levels, I received a note on one of the levels saying, "this level is currently unavailable." So I ended up playing some of the user-contributed levels and worlds. Pretty cool classic platformer. Try it out.

Last OOTP 18 update

Now it's the buildup to the 1999 season.

1998 MLB playoffs this timeline:
(Divisional Round)
  • Red Sox def. Athletics, 4 games to none
  • Mariners def. White Sox, 4 games to none

• Cardinals def. Brewers, 4 games to 2
  • Dodgers def. Marlins, 4 games to 1

(League Championships)
  • Red Sox def. Mariners, 4 games to none
  • Dodgers def. Cardinals, 4 games to 2

(World Series)
  • Red Sox def. Dodgers, 4 games to 2, MVP is LF Ben Grieve

Main storyline I saw out of the '98 season was Mark McGwire having an unfortunate run of bad luck right as he was set to break his own single-season home run record, having to settle for tying it.

Other statistical notes I can remember easily:
  • Frank Thomas, 1994 season. 64 home runs, first man since Ted Williams to hit over .400 in a season (ended with a .404 average), 12.4 WAR
  • 1997 Chicago White Sox, current single-season win record holders at 118-44

World Series to date:
1984: Tigers def. Dodgers
1985: Dodgers def. Blue Jays
1986: Dodgers def. Red Sox
1987: Red Sox def. Dodgers
1988: Red Sox def. Mets
1989: Red Sox def. Dodgers
1990: Blue Jays def. Mets
1991: Mariners def. Mets
1992: Twins def. Mets
1993: Mariners def. Mets
1994: Mets def. Blue Jays
1995: Mariners def. Giants
1996: Dodgers def. Mariners
1997: Dodgers def. White Sox
1998: Red Sox def. Dodgers

I'm playing Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast, getting a bit stuck in Kowloon on the fighting to impress the talent scout, I keep losing ! Also Forza 6, (a great game - so much content), & since the reboot of Grid got announced I've gone back to Race Driver Grid on the XB360, after a couple of races I truly believe it's one of the best driving games ever made, god knows why I stopped playing it years ago.

Edit: Now I remember, after trying to play on almost the hardest difficulty & getting constantly smashed by the AI it does knock you for six ! But very satisfying when you do eventually win :)

Last edited:
0Dyv0HTl.jpg

Back to the After The End mod for Crusader Kings II, again doing a run forming a custom Kingdom of Maryland.

Ruling from Wilmington is the first ruler of Maryland Queen Elizabeth I Derren, age 48, queen since September 22nd 2700. Married to Horace Millsboro, 60, with whom she had three children:
  • {Joshua}, died of the measles September 4th 2700 at the age of 3
  • Aloysius, current heir, 17. An honest, brave, and trustworthy lad; m. Anna Abindgon
    -Marceline, newborn
  • Martha, 16. Frail in health and envious, but also brave. Unwed as of now.

I haven't had much time to play lately, but when I have it has been a little bit of these:

- ReCore
- Generation Zero
- Defense Grid 2

I have a bunch of newer or games I haven't started that I'd really like to play but need to get in the habit of actually finishing something I start more...

I just bought Shenmue 1-2 and Team Sonic Racing on PS4. I'm really enjoying both of them, especially Shenmue is a total masterpiece.

I'd like to pick up the Shenmue set at some point. I had the first one on Dreamcast but didn't get very far. I missed it on a recent sale on Xbox.

Got "What remains of Edith Finch" from PS+ for free and it's amazing. 2/3 hours and worth every second.

Recommend it to everyone with PS+.

I wholeheartedly agree. I played this a year ago or so. Absolutely people, do not sleep on this game. Several different vignettes about an unfortunate family's path through life. Very unique experience with different types of gameplay for each person's story and was very touching overall.

Last edited:
I'd like to pick up the Shenmue set at some point. I had the first one on Dreamcast but didn't get very far. I missed it on a recent sale on Xbox.

I bough it last week for 30 euros at Gamestop. Not a great deal, but whatever.

Never played it before, I'm by the end of the first one. It's a very, very good game. The best advice I can give you is to play it when you're truly ready.
The game has a very slow pace, you ofter find yourself doing nothing, and you CAN'T do nothing, just walking around waiting for something at a certain hour (no fast travel, no fast forwarding time). But if you're in the right mood is a true masterpiece.

I just bought No Mans Sky for 30 bucks in the PS Store. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, I know it had a bad launch but I've heard it got a lot better over the years. I'll give it a shot.

One game I always come back to every few months is Civilization 5, mostly because I have a ton of good mods installed that really enhance the game. Civ 6 is alright too, but I'm not a fan of some of the gameplay changes, plus it doesn't run well on my ****** laptop.

Civilization is a really addictive game no matter which one you play though to be honest, I highly recommend this series if you're into strategy games.

I bough it last week for 30 euros at Gamestop. Not a great deal, but whatever.

Never played it before, I'm by the end of the first one. It's a very, very good game. The best advice I can give you is to play it when you're truly ready.
The game has a very slow pace, you ofter find yourself doing nothing, and you CAN'T do nothing, just walking around waiting for something at a certain hour (no fast travel, no fast forwarding time). But if you're in the right mood is a true masterpiece.

Dont be put off by the slow start to Shenmue 2, it gets better after a few hours or so.
Also unlike the first game, you can speed up time to get certain events, if you want.

Dishonored The complete collection: 3 Ps4 games for ~20€... Seem like a good deal, but unfortunately they are probably the most unoptimised FPS games i've played on PS4... Well, the DH1 is basically direct port from last gen, but DH2 isn't much better:

- Bad graphics... Well, it has unique (painting like) artstyle, but still, it's average at best; so it should run much better.
- 30fps for combat focused game with motion blur is unacceptable
- Built in aim acceleration/smoothing make aiming inaccurate, nonreactive and sluggish
- No FoV adjustments
- Long loading times

Low FoV/30fps/motion blur/bad aim controls = Can't play more than 20mins without turning it off due to frustration. Story is decent, i quess, but the gameplay is horrendous and makes it difficult to complete the series.

--

Been planning to do Ratchet and Clank marathon on Ps3, should have them all except Gladiator/Deathlocked... Tempting.

Last edited:
I just bought No Mans Sky for 30 bucks in the PS Store. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, I know it had a bad launch but I've heard it got a lot better over the years. I'll give it a shot.

I only got the game after the NEXT update and it was totally worth it. I played it for over 100h (stopped over 6 months ago) but I'll probably pick it up again soon, maybe after the BEYOND update. In my opinion is one of the best creative visions in the gaming industry. Not fully realized to its potential yet and obviously bombed on release, but atm is a pretty good game and a very nice way to spend time.

I only got the game after the NEXT update and it was totally worth it. I played it for over 100h (stopped over 6 months ago) but I'll probably pick it up again soon, maybe after the BEYOND update. In my opinion is one of the best creative visions in the gaming industry. Not fully realized to its potential yet and obviously bombed on release, but atm is a pretty good game and a very nice way to spend time.

Fired it up for the first time yesterday morning and ended up sinking 6 hours into it! Survival mode is awesome, I'm happy with my purchase.

Gonna try out the beta for Ghost Recon Breakpoint on PC this weekend.

Been playing alot of Rainbow Six Siege on PC lately. Trying to get as much renown as possible before the new season starts.

And some bits of The Division 2, on PC aswell.

Playing Warhammer: Chaos Bane. Was a little underwhelmed at first but it got better as I played. It is still a little basic compared to others of it's ilk, but I am a Warhammer fanatic so...

On PS4 (mostly) I play Farming Simulator 19 and Minecraft. On Xbox Forza Horizon 4. I also play Neverwinter on both platforms.

Very close to finishing Shadow Point on Oculus Quest - lovely little puzzle game that makes great use of the type of game mechanics VR allows, nice (if sad, so far) story and great narration from Patrick Stewart (to be fair, he'd probably make the phone book sound good :)).

Dishonored The complete collection: 3 Ps4 games for ~20€... Seem like a good deal, but unfortunately they are probably the most unoptimised FPS games i've played on PS4... Well, the DH1 is basically direct port from last gen, but DH2 isn't much better:

- Bad graphics... Well, it has unique (painting like) artstyle, but still, it's average at best; so it should run much better.
- 30fps for combat focused game with motion blur is unacceptable
- Built in aim acceleration/smoothing make aiming inaccurate, nonreactive and sluggish
- No FoV adjustments
- Long loading times

Low FoV/30fps/motion blur/bad aim controls = Can't play more than 20mins without turning it off due to frustration. Story is decent, i quess, but the gameplay is horrendous and makes it difficult to complete the series.

--

Been planning to do Ratchet and Clank marathon on Ps3, should have them all except Gladiator/Deathlocked... Tempting.

Love the Dishonored games and DLC but I'm playing them on PC. For the age, they look and play very well, I really like the art style. Too bad for console versions, I think these are some of the best games.

Back