What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I've been bouncing around as usual.

- Far Cry 3 Classic (this is not a very good port, but came with Far Cry 5 Gold and I enjoyed it back on the X360)
- Headlander (very good Metroid style game)
- Cuphead (I am awful at this game!)
- Voodoo Vince Remastered

Completed Dying Light on PC with The Following DLC a short while back.

Having a HDMI monitor and the urge to play some of my older PS2 games is not an easy combo. Therefore I decided to try out the PCSX2 emulator.
It's working fine for me and I can finally play some of my favourite classic games again!

Need for Speed Underground 2 was first up. I am about 60-70% through it now. Next up would be Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005).

The Division 2 and Rainbow Six Siege on PC is also getting played quite frequently.

Completed Dying Light on PC with The Following DLC a short while back.

Dying Light is fantastic, I played up until near the end of the main game co-op with a friend and then stopped while a third was trying to catch up to where we were so we could finish it together. He never got there and I never went back to finish it. I really should do this and start the DLC!

Some of my favourite moments in that game were doing night missions and supply drop pickups for the extra risk and reward. At the start of the game when you're still weak and fragile it was frankly terrifying.

I don't know if I like the direction they're going with the next game but will wait before passing judgement.

PC:

Street Fighter V - Bought this at the weekend after falling away from it on PS4 a bit after launch. Very impressed with all the changes that have been made and it’s a whole load of fun.

Rocket League - Obviously.

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Despite its multitude of problems it’s still fantastic fun all things considered.

Are you playing in English or Japanese with subtitles? This is one game where Japanese seems kinda cool/worth it for a bit.

Marvel's Spider-Man. Got the platinum trophy for it this morning but I enjoyed the story so much, I'm really keen to give it another play through.

Sekiro is fun and I never got into Bloodborne. I was always a sword and shield guy but this system works for me
Yeah the gothic, victorian style doesnt appeal to me that much too. But I got the game free, I just dont want to pay full price for the game (€ 69,99!).

Tried a few times, but really cant get into the setting. I havent gotten into the nuances of the combat yet, so maybe I will start to like it after 10 hours. I didnt like BOTW in the first 10 hours that much, but ultimately loved it. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and get Sekiro.

Been all over the place today, Tetris Ultimate, Dirt 4, Tekken 7 and then Gran Turismo Sport. All muted, instead listening to radio while playing, it's great to do that while playing games with no story.

I recently discovered how I can get through a lot of podcasts while playing Dark Souls since there's only SFX outside of boss fights.

Apparently there is a new Tropico out so I've added that to my collection. :cheers:

Also currently have Dirt Rally 2.0 and FS19 in my rotation. ATS and ETS2 are both in the "I really should get back to them" category for now.

This past Saturday, I dusted off my PlayStation 3 and played a few games casually. I fear I'm going to be too late if I get a PS4 and maybe start a PS4 collection, so I figured I mention some of the games I semi-seriously played...

* I took a spin in DiRT briefly. Even at more than 10 years old, the off-road racing action is still plenty intense.

* GRID Autosport got some attention from me. While I think "GRID" is the best in the series, I still find "GRID Autosport" to be an amazing game. It is kind of like a combination of the calamity in the first GRID paired with a more intense motorsports focus that "GRID Autosport" provides. The one thing I hated about "GRID 2" and "GRID Autosport" is that you can't use your own custom livery cars when not online. "GRID Autosport" is still a solid game that should be added to any racing/driving game fan's collection. Maybe what I like most is how it seems like you can race any of the cars with unique liveries. I always say "GRID Autosport" has some elements of "Ridge Racer Type 4," in which you pick a team you could race for, though you don't have the same sort of team commitment like you do in the lesser-known (American name) "Car and Driver: Grand Tour Racing '98."

* In my time, I even considered resuming my Gran Turismo 6 legacy. I did still play it to get myself back "into shape" as a Gran Turismo racer. I surely would love to play "Gran Turismo SPORT." However, I am too much a purist to that I am more fond of the classic GT formula as opposed to the GT SPORT formula.

* Finally, and before it crashed on me in my session, I played Minecraft PS3 Edition. "Don't nobody play Minecraft anymore, John. It's all about Fortnite!" I am still amazed at the evolution of Minecraft even when not as many people play this game anymore- and let alone on the PS3 like I'm doing! I noted all of the changes to today's Minecraft, especially the better focus on underwater elements. I still find value and intrigue playing today's Minecraft as I did when I was more active as a PS3 gamer.

So there you have it.

Satisfactory has destroyed all my free time for the last week.

I don't know how you go from making Goat Simulator to a game like this, but man is it living up to its name. Even if it never leaves early access what's there right now still does everything right for a game of this type.

I decided to try the XBox Game Pass promotion, mostly as I've been wanting to play Forza Horizon 4, which I have been. I also downloaded and have played Dirt 4 a bit.

I also played through What Remains of Edith Finch and have been thinking about it since. It's as much an interactive novella as a game, but some elements in particular hit. One is the story I think hits everyone hard as it's so well done. The other was putting together a little of what happened with her dad, especially seeing the photo of him along side his disaster assistance vest, as it looked very much like mine.

Some other games I downloaded, started, and uninstalled. I guess as I'm getting older and regularly dealing with certain things, violent content has lost its appeal (although I was never big on it), so I'm mostly sticking to racing and puzzle games. If anyone can recommend a good rhythm game on Game Pass I'd like to give those a try.

Back