What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Having finished the main game more than a year ago, I went back to The Witcher 3 after a boring experience with Horizon Zero Dawn.

5 hours into the Blood and Wine expansion, I can't help but mention again how special this game is, in terms of story and atmosphere.

Asgard's Wrath in VR at the moment. Only just got started (literally - still learning the basics), but I'm genuinely blown away by how good it looks and how well it plays. Most of the reviews are saying it's the best VR game yet, and they might well be right. Looking forward to getting properly stuck into it!

I have been playing Link's awakening on my new Nintendo Switch Lite. No idea why I bought the Lite, bacause I also own the regular Switch. I probably got the "gameboy" vibe from the lite version.

That said I highly recommend the game. It is 100% proof that gameplay is Nintendo's bread and butter. The game does not feel outated at all.

Right back to Driver 1. :sly:

56AA79F6-16CC-4D52-BFAA-CF5FE9302FE2.jpeg

pCKPKAIh.jpg

Same save as before. Now 2827, main goal of the game was to beat the Redcoat Invasion, which fired just over a decade ago. Scripted to happen in 2816, kinda scary seeing 80k troops that don't seem to suffer attrition pop up on your doorstep. After hiring some expensive mercenary bands, my personal standing army, and my own levies, I could show up with....just over half that amount.

HOWEVER, I had an ace up my sleeve: the AI in this game can be complete idiots.

First major conflict took place in present-day Westport, Connecticut. My entire force versus 9k of theirs...with their reserves in the neighboring counties. Backups didn't arrive until I was forcing the initial band to flee, ALL their troops piled in, all of them fled, end result:
o61mZ7xh.jpg

For every soldier I lost in the first battle, I took nearly a dozen of theirs. The Redcoats, in a highly diminished form, would take the bits of New England I didn't bother with, fought them over Connecticut proper, broke a truce once they were down to ~3k soldiers and took New England right back from them because I could. Had their former leader buried under the rule of an 11-year old vassal king and assassinated to really be a jerk.

ANYWAY, ruler:

Christine I Derren, First of Her Name of the Delawarean Empire and the Kingdom of Maryland, 52.
For a woman who came into the throne not being the brightest, she did all right for herself. Picked up falconry and poetry for kicks, got a cool scar and lost a hand to the Redcoats at the conclusion of their first warm, beat typhus.

Her children and grandchildren by her first husband {Edward Hollidaysburg, dead by syphilis/great pox}
  1. Joshua, current heir presumptive. An ambitious and cruel man, 33, m. Gerlinde fon Welland
    --Bayley, 10, stubborn and rowdy, kid's got potential.
  2. Laura, 27, intellectual and a socially charming woman like her mother, very unlucky with marriage, m. {Rubén Trujillez, dead from wasting illness, in actuality radiation poisoning due to his faith's peculiar choice of blessing}, m. {Stansbury Hazard, poor health}, m. Hendrick Laurinburg
    --Stanley Stevor, 9, timid. Her baseborn son by King Benjamin of Alleghania.

Children by her second husband {Elon Gaspé, natural causes}
  1. Eve, 23, prone to stuttering and paranoia, m. Samedi Freret
  2. Henriette, twin to Eve. Gluttonous but patient, unwed due to parental preoccupation
  3. {Jennifer}, died in 2814 from rabies at the age of 2

Currently playing the Outer Worlds through the Gamepass! Not sure for how long though, because I'm having trouble reading anything from my couch, and lack of aim assist means I can't hit anything from distance either. It makes me feel like I'm 20 years older than I actually am.

Might as well play Metro Exodus again or check out GRIP until those things are sorted out.

I bought Megaquarium on the PSN yesterday. A really nice, relaxing little sim and a salve for the West never getting Theme Aquarium on the original Playstation.

Descenders' mod implementation is cool as the playerbase seems to know about DH mountainbiking A LOT more than the devs. Seriously, never trust a bunch of 420-obsessed Dutch people with making a videogame based on a sport centered mostly around steep hills at least 250m tall.

Today I caught up with Trials Rising, I had like 3 packs I hadn't played. It's weird how easy stadium finals are now, I remember getting platinum medals and still losing at one point.

I want to make some slow GT Sport racing series. I was thinking about copying either the Honda N-One Owners Cup or making a sprint version of the VW Fun Cup.

Gran Turismo 1 & 2
GT PSP
Toca Race Driver 2006
Colin McRae Rally 2005 plus
Formula One 06
GTA VCS

Away from home and with only a portable in hand.

I'd love to get into that game, as I have big plans to upgrade my current build.

Have you tried any mods in the game? Like custom cases and parts?

I haven't tried any mods yet so far though and I haven't even tried the Free Build mode yet. I've only been playing the career mode the past 2 weeks and only up to level 9 now. Haha!

Ordered The Last of Us (I'm very late to the party with this. lol ) from Amazon on the weekend. Hopefully it arrives in the next day or two. Started a new Carolina Panthers franchise on Madden 20 until then.

I recently jumped back into GT5, been meaning to ever since the news of the hidden courses came and I have been playing it like it's 2013 again! I am mainly finishing things I never could finish back in the days but this time with the help of my CFW console. Working on some new hybrids and possibly fixing some older ones and doing a variety of other things I can't mention due to the AUP. I have been having a pretty good time with it here lately and it feels good to be back to it! :D

Last edited:
Just started playing Endless Sky on the PC. Pretty sure it's a free game. A very Escape Velocity esq game. Quite enjoyable to play casually, which turns in to several hour long sessions.

Back