What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
I am mostly just playing Modern Warfare. I need to get back into playing Breath of the Wild and finish the game, along with spending more time playing Link's Awakening. However, with a new monitor set to arrive in a few days, I may have a hard time pulling away from Modern Warfare.

RoadKill on the PS2 and Pokemon Diamond but my backlog is so big and covering so many systems that I may end up playing something else entirely.

For the past several months I have been doing hardly anything else but writing new songs, I've hit a sort of musical renaissance where I'm writing as many as 3 at once, it's overwhelming but in a good way. that means I've had no time for online stuff, Forums, hardly any news (which has been nice actually), and barely any time for games. But recently I started playing Minecraft again with my daughter, and also Elite Dangerous with friends. Don't think it will last long though, I'll be recording everything soon enough and that is just as time consuming, It's a whole 'nother rabbit hole.

Pokémon Shield, Elite Dangerous and gearing up to dive back into Destiny 2 once the next Battle Pass goes live next Tuesday.

Switch:
Pokémon Sword.
Mario Maker 2.

PC:
Civilisation 5
Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition.

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition.
Is it actually working now? Without random disconnects etc?

Haven't tried it in 3 weeks due to all the issues.

-----------------

Playing Escape from Tarkov on PC alot at the moment. It's so frustrating, yet so much fun and insanely rewarding when things go your way.
Also a bit of Rainbow Six Siege.

I will probably be pretty focused on just Modern Warfare in the near future after picking up a new monitor.

Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries dropped today, and from what little I got to play this morning I can already tell it'll be keeping me busy for a while. Plus I can finally put Mechwarrior Online and it's awful community behind and get some big stompy robot action on my own terms now.

Currently playing and switching between Jedi Fallen Order and CarX Drift Racing Online, both on the PS4.

VXR
Heads up, Untitled Goose Game has just been added to Xbox Games Pass. Will be the next game I play.
Can't be bothered to set up my XB1S so I'm definitely going to get this on the PS4 during the holidays.

I got what I wanted out of FH4's spring playlist, and it seemed like it was going to be a slow week over at Horizon UK, so I decided to revisit Horizon Australia in the meantime.

I wasn't ready for how weird the handling felt in FH3 compared to FH4, but it was nothing I couldn't adjust to. Australia map is a beaut, and a nice change of pace from cozy UK. I had fun revisiting all the old routes in FH3, as well as toying with cars that didn't make cut from FH3 to FH4 (namely Holden FX Ute, Rolls-Royce Dawn, and Toyota Land Cruiser).

Beside that, I spent my time cruising all over the map with 512 TR. It would have been perfect if I could play some Splash Wave over Groove music, but oh well.

Forza Horizon 3 2019-12-10 2_00_11 PM.png

Grinded a few Platinums in the last week. The free Motocross game on the PS store is a fun, easy one to platinum.

Started with NASCAR Heat 4. That was pretty fun. Had played it at release but the achievement list and content is mostly the same as Heat 3. Though I feel the racing is a bit better with the difference in lines the AI use.

Then the Motocross game. That was actually quite fun but as it's a Motorcross game, I didn't expect a huge amounr of content. Do appreciate them having a rider and track editor. Those are some cool features. Platinum took about 2 days for that just grinding though it.

Then found out that Wreckfest has online lobbies so boosted that achievement and got the others. That game was also fun to play when I did for fun.

Just have to find a level 50 crew for NFS Heat's Platinum. Collectibles aren't too bad and the customisation is fun as there's a lot you can do.

Just a decision on what to go for next. Should I fill up one I'm over 50% on or push for a Platinum I've barely started. No idea right now. Thinking of Grid which is in the former category but the Level 99 looks a horrible grind.

Obviously, I'm also playing PCARS for leagues and some casual play with friends from said leagues.

I've been constantly playing Horizon Chase Turbo for the last couple of weeks. Such a good game I can't seem to put it down. Simple but so much fun. It's music is fantastic.

Due to the heat and being bored. I decided to dust off the Mega Drive Mini and play through Sonic 1 & 2. Might dig out on NES classic while I'm in the mood for a bit of Super Mario Bros 3.

Started playing the original Nier. I'm liking it a lot so far... it's a bit rougher than Automata, but honestly it's better than I was expecting. The jank is within perfectly acceptable tolerances.

A few days ago, I tried out two older free and open-source (or "FOSS" for short) games. The first of which was Trigger Rally. The handling of the cars seemed a good bit out of whack. It still wasn't bad a rally racer. One certainly can design a course for this game. Though for me, I don't seem overly impressed with Trigger Rally (I don't hate it).

The other free and open-source game I played was Stunt Rally. Stunt Rally attempts to have you compete in a number of different mostly off-road circuits all with some fine graphics. I am in no way adept in taking on these courses. It's pretty hard, but I can surely see the entertainment value in taking on these courses. You have a variety of vehicles to choose from ranging from cars, trucks, a few motorcycles, and even some spaceships! I don't think I can take on any of the insane pipe style tracks that were created, so I'll stay with the more sane on and off road courses.

I'll compile three games into one paragraph, so here goes. I finally had a chance to try out the Cube series. The Cube games are a free and open-source series of mostly first-person shooters. Cube is often seen as a first-person shooter in the spirit of Quake and Quake 2. It is pretty fun from I played. It has nice graphics even as a mid-2000s game. Assault Cube can kind of be thought of as Quake meets Counter Strike. It is a spinoff that is multiplayer only. It's pretty cool if you're doing multiplayer with this game against bots or against real players. Don't expect the insanity of Unreal Tournament or anything with this deal, though. The final highlighted game is Cube 2 Sauerbraten. Cube 2 has a lovely graphics engine with some fine effects even for a mid-2000s type game. This game has been overhauled from the first series and remains fun to play. Basically play Cube 2 (or even the first Cube) if you like first-person shooter style like Quake or Quake 2.

And there you go. Make that five different free and open-source games I tried out recently.

Over the past three months, Forza Horizon 4 primarily, but I also switch it up with:
-Elite Dangerous (Doing trading in my Clipper to get it prepped for exploration)
-Forza MotorSport 7 (Just doing random races against drivatars)
-Grip: Combat Racing (Same as above)
-Killzone 4 (Botzone)
-Warhammer Vermintide 2 (Solo, but not true solo)
-Wreckfest (Flip-Flop between solo and online)

Latest Posts

Back