What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
v7olHm6h.jpg

Meryn Trant, you're still a brown-nosing turdbucket; however, you're all right this time. Disclosed the affair between Jaime and Cersei this timeline. He's been executed, Cersei will probably be called to stand trial.

EDIT: Trial by combat was held. Tygett Lannister stood no chance against Barristan the Bold. Now she's off to be a Silent Sister.

Context: Finished getting the DLC for Crusader Kings 2, reinstalled my main mods (A Game of Thrones/After the End Fan Fork). Current game is from AGOT, Crowned Stag bookmark (TL;DR: not too long after Robert's Rebellion)

Sitting the Iron Throne as of the last month of 289 AC is our boy Bobby B aka Robert Baratheon, First of His Name, blah-dy blah you know how it goes. Age 27, m. Cersei Lannister
-Cassandra, their daughter and current heir, 4. Main blemish so far on her is her harelip
-Marna Waters, Bobby B's baseborn daughter by Dacey Mormont, newborn

So far, trying to roleplay this as our boy getting serious about ruling.

While I'm in the mood for a bit of retro stuff. Started, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Around three/four hours in and as much as I like it. I don't exactly have the best track record of finishing RPG's. We'll see how this goes. :lol:

During Steam Christmas sale, I bought some game that I was on the fence about.

My first pick was Xenon Racer. A Ridge Racer-inspired racing game set in a future world. Each and every car in the game has an outrageous design, and frankly it's awesome. My favorite one is a Pagani with rocket booster strapped to it. Ferrari that transforms into hillclimb racer is my second favorite. Handling takes a lot of time to get used to, however, and AI ceases to be any challenge once you do get a hang of the peculiar handling. Could have been better, but it's not bad as is.

My second pick was Slipstream. 2D racer inspired by Outrun. The twist is, it has Outrun 2-esque drifting physics on top of it. It's actually quite impressive how they managed to replicate Outrun 2 drifting in a 2D plane. It has immense sense of speed, nice vibration through the controller, and pixel arts look beautiful. There isn't much to say other than that, though; It's not like Outrun is one of the most complex and involved racer to begin with. It does seem like it has a lot of passion and efforts put into it, so check it out.

My third pick was Jalopy, a game where you drive a busted down jalopy across the depressing Eastern bloc. Throughout the adventure, the jalopy will inevitably break down, and you'll need to maintain it regularly. You pick up junks around the road to sell them for profit, and those money go toward paying for gas and more powerful engine (so that you can carry more than one tire without the engine exploding). It is a rather simple game, but management aspect can be tough and it does have nice atmosphere to it. Something nice to play while you listen to podcast or some music.

Picked up The Hunter - Call of the Wild in the Steam sale after playing it on Game Pass. Irl I am mostly plant based, but I love shooting some pixel animals. lol.

Llvk8R4h.jpg

New save in Crusader Kings 2, using the After The End Fan Fork mod.

Currently playing as:
Bayley Derren, First of Her Name of the Commonwealth of Columbia, President of the Americanist Faith. 58, General of Columbia since her father Nicholas' death in 2702, head of the Americanist religion since the election of 2724.

Her children and descendants from her first husband {Gunning Temperanceville}:​
-Shayna, 41, m. {Yakaw Kitpoo}, m. Godfrey Satterthwaite
--no grandchildren from her, looking unlikely owing to age and her...ahem...proclivities in the bedroom

-{Sherman}, died in 2712 at the age of 24 due to the great pox infection he picked up from his first wife. m. {Lauren Theovelt}, m. Bathsheba Abingdon
(by Lauren)
--Nicholas, current heir presumptive, 19, m. Amelia Chester
--Sasha, twin to Nicholas, m. Déaxitchish Ashalaho
(by Bathsheba)
--Eleazar, 17, betrothed to his cousin Charlotte

-Marmaduke, Chief of Tug Fork, 32, m. Lucilla Winchester
--Charlotte, 13
--Georgine, 3

Bayley's children by her second husband {Buck New River}
Susan, 30, m. {Edgar Derren, Susan's cousin via her mother's twin Rebecca. Fun fact, he was murdered on the orders of Susie's half-brother Marmaduke for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ reasons}, m. John FilBowman
-no children yet

Last night, I played two classic games again for the first time I can remember.

I returned to Quake. Quake was a game changer in the first-person shooter realm with its full 3D (as opposed to Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM's respective 3D styles). I beat Quake a long time ago. You know a first-person shooter means business when your first weapon is a shotgun (as opposed to a simple pistol)! What I found interesting was how the 3D animation was done without using an armature. People these days would make a model in something like Blender, rig it with an armature (or "bones"), and then set up numerous keyframe animations. Even with Quake's low-quality graphics and textures, it is still a plenty intense game. It was also a multiplayer beast with as many as 16 players that could play it... or I think it could support up to 16.

I later played Quake 2 again. Q2 was a much more beautiful title than Q1. Its graphics are still impressive even today. I honestly don't think Quake 2 is completely aged. Granted it would be surpassed graphically by the likes of Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Crysis, and Farcry among many others; Quake 2 is still a feast to the eyes. It's also still intense in game play. Trying to survive in Q2 is an adventure in itself. Being a classic first-person shooter player, I will gladly take a lot of the past shooter games than almost anything modern, including today's third-person shooters. While Quake 1 could do about 16 player multiplayer, Quake 2 did an insane 32 player multiplayer! I even heard of Quake 2 multiplayer tournaments way back then.

I only have Quake 1 and Quake 2, so I can't say I did Quake 3 Arena or anything. I may probably eventually want to get Q3 in the future. You still have two solid past first-person shooters in Quake 1 and Quake 2.

Last night, I played two classic games again for the first time I can remember.

I returned to Quake. Quake was a game changer in the first-person shooter realm with its full 3D (as opposed to Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM's respective 3D styles). I beat Quake a long time ago. You know a first-person shooter means business when your first weapon is a shotgun (as opposed to a simple pistol)! What I found interesting was how the 3D animation was done without using an armature. People these days would make a model in something like Blender, rig it with an armature (or "bones"), and then set up numerous keyframe animations. Even with Quake's low-quality graphics and textures, it is still a plenty intense game. It was also a multiplayer beast with as many as 16 players that could play it... or I think it could support up to 16.

I later played Quake 2 again. Q2 was a much more beautiful title than Q1. Its graphics are still impressive even today. I honestly don't think Quake 2 is completely aged. Granted it would be surpassed graphically by the likes of Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Crysis, and Farcry among many others; Quake 2 is still a feast to the eyes. It's also still intense in game play. Trying to survive in Q2 is an adventure in itself. Being a classic first-person shooter player, I will gladly take a lot of the past shooter games than almost anything modern, including today's third-person shooters. While Quake 1 could do about 16 player multiplayer, Quake 2 did an insane 32 player multiplayer! I even heard of Quake 2 multiplayer tournaments way back then.

I only have Quake 1 and Quake 2, so I can't say I did Quake 3 Arena or anything. I may probably eventually want to get Q3 in the future. You still have two solid past first-person shooters in Quake 1 and Quake 2.

The one and only time I played games on PC was when I got my first PC back in the day when Quake came out. I played it for months, only single player, loved it. I had another go a few years ago on my Dreamcast, it was just as good, (and hard!) as I remembered. Good times. Only played Quake 2 a little bit, wouldn't mind another go.

Another thing I wanted to note is that I didn't have too much trouble trying to play Quake 1 and Quake 2 on my Windows 10 PC. It was also cool to play these games in higher resolutions as well as windowed mode. It's the one thing to always be mindful of playing older games on modern systems. That's why most people get classic games from certain services.

Actually, I had to reinstall Quake 1 and Quake 2 on my 1TB external hard drive. I have the original CDs of both games that I installed on my external drive. I made sure to install the full versions of each game. By the way... isn't it strange how you have LOADS of space on a drive, but the installation program says you are very low on disk space? ;)

I have kind of gone back to playing Automation: The Car Company Tycoon. Most of my reasoning was to develop a sense to want to build vehicles in Blender, as I am slowly going back into learning how to do 3D modeling with the powerful Blender. This game makes you actually think about building whatever vehicles you want to make. Let's face it- ANYONE can make a car or a truck. Its internals, however, can be mastered by only a select few. It is unlikely the next wave of automobile engineers will proliferate from playing "Automation." However, this is about the best package to fully bring your wildest automotive fantasies to life. This even boils down to all of the internals that make a car perform to the specifications you see fit. Sadly, I think if I want to play and keep playing this game, I'll need to stay with Safe Mode. The game is still playable, but I haven't had much in the way of the game crashing or going very slow while in Safe Mode. You even have the added bonus of taking your Automation creations to "BeamNG.drive" to really bring your vehicles to life and crash test your vehicles. So you have a chance to simulate your finest automotive creations if bestowed with both Automation and BeamNG.

Along with my normal nightly routine of getting in a couple of rounds of war thunder, I have added 7 days to die to the playlist. The Alpha 17 and 18 updates have really done a good job of balancing the early game weapons/tools as well as improving the AI and it's path finding.
My first round with the new updates amd I did what worked so well in the past. Found a city and made one of the water towers my base. Then I toss out a bunch of spike traps and shoot out zombies from my roof top perch as they flounder below. That does not work any more I realized as the horde toppled my tower of impudent power and in short order devoured my brains.
After revising my game plan a bit, I gave it another go. I did have a settings set up so I could breeze through this play through a bit easier. Set the XP modifier up to 300%. I tested out two different ideas for a base, one to test the AI path finding, and one to test the horde strength.
Both ideas separated my home base from a "horde base". Just in case things go wrong, I dont lose all of my stuff... like the first time I died to the horde. Anyway, the first base is platform based. I set up of the 90 of two building walls or build 3 or 4 robust pillars in a square pattern about 20or so sets out across from each other, have this about 10 blocks high, with a 6x6 iron bar and steel block platform. Maybe a hatch in the middle to drop grenades and what not down. Roof it with a lip to protect from vultures and spitters. I feel this is almost a little cheaty because it's taking advantage of a weakness in the games path finding. But at the same time, they are kinda mindless zombies so, justified?
The second is to build a kill tower. Basically a big watch tower. That's what I did for my 14 day horde. All out of iron frames upgraded twice. The exterior of the tower was surround by 2 layers of iron spikes, and a few more layers of wooden spikes. It survived quite well a horde that lasted literally the whole night. It was actually a pretty intense experience. I think horses now expand with your level. A 14 night horde isnt typically that plentiful. But at the end of it all, I won out.
I am planning on starting a fresh game, using default settings, but playing hardcore style, one play, one life. I am not sure which of the horde bases I'll build. Maybe both since the first requires less resources and time. I can build that first, then the kill tower with some revisions if the kill tower becomes compromised, I can ditch the base and run for the platform.

Breath of the Wild on Wii U, I'm surprised how well it runs, Not a fan of the Gamepad though so I've got my eyes on a pro controller not far from me that I may end up getting tomorrow.

I need to finish Breath of the Wild. I have not really played anything other than Modern Warfare since buying it.

I'm playing Destiny 2 almost to the exclusion of other games. I don't understand it. I do have other games I like but.....

...it is so hard to stop playing a game that has no real ending?
I know you meant "Is it so hard..." and yea sometimes.

If you've ever played a Dark Souls game you know they have no real ending. You link the fire or don't, and the cycle continues. You go into NG+ and do it all over again. In-game lore dictates that you can do this indefinitely. Game mechanics do as well since you can keep going into NG+ cycles as many times as you want. After NG+7 the difficulty stops scaling up but you can still repeat the cycle.

I have not really played anything other than Modern Warfare since buying it.

How do you like it? It’s on and off sale every other week and I thought about getting it.

GTS and PUBG are always on rotation.

I picked up The Division 2 and have enjoyed it so far.

How do you like it? It’s on and off sale every other week and I thought about getting it.

GTS and PUBG are always on rotation.

I picked up The Division 2 and have enjoyed it so far.

I should start off by saying that I had not played a Call of Duty game, at least not what I would consider enough time to really comment on the game, since Modern Warfare 2. I have mostly enjoyed Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare has been a very nice change of pace from Battlefield and it has taken me some time to adjust to the game. There have been some frustrating games and there have been some fun ones. There have been more fun ones lately than when I picked up the game.

Like what I remember of other CoD games, there was a rough period early on. Between adjusting to the game after playing mostly just Battlefield, unlocking attachments, figuring out what perks are worth using, and learning maps, it was a bit of a steep learning curve. I am now in a much better place in terms of weapons, attachments, perks, etc. My biggest issue at this point is not knowing the maps as well I need to to play better, but that will come with more play time. I also need to search out people to play with more. It would be awesome to have a group to jump in with.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing NFS Most Wanted - the 2012 Criterion one, not the Black Box one - because it was being sold on Origin for like 5 dollars. Anything is worth it at that price.

I'm under impression that this is one of the most divisive title in NFS, which is quite an achievement for a series that produced The Run and The Payback. As for me, I like it. It's not perfect, but car list is great, car sounds great, and drifty physics suits rollercoaster-like drifty map very well; just driving a car around is a joy. Wouldn't say it's the pinnacle of NFS series, but I certainly played far worse.

I should start off by saying that I had not played a Call of Duty game, at least not what I would consider enough time to really comment on the game, since Modern Warfare 2. I have mostly enjoyed Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare has been a very nice change of pace from Battlefield and it has taken me some time to adjust to the game. There have been some frustrating games and there have been some fun ones. There have been more fun ones lately than when I picked up the game.

Like what I remember of other CoD games, there was a rough period early on. Between adjusting to the game after playing mostly just Battlefield, unlocking attachments, figuring out what perks are worth using, and learning maps, it was a bit of a steep learning curve. I am not in a much better place in terms of weapons, attachments, perks, etc. My biggest issue at this point is not knowing the maps as well I need to to play better, but that will come with more play time. I also need to search out people to play with more. It would be awesome to have a group to jump in with.

Thank you sir. I haven’t played a CoD in a while. Got MW Remastered when it was a PS+ game. I’ll probably get it since its $35 at Best Buy.

Last night, I tried out a first-person shooter called Nexuiz. This is an arena-type shooter that fits in nicely between the "Unreal Tournament" series and "Quake 3 Arena." I am a big fan of the first Unreal Tournament and also Unreal Tournament 2004. I somewhat want to get "Quake 3 Arena" to add to my collection of Quake games, as I already have "Quake" and "Quake 2." "Nexuiz," though, doesn't feel cheap or is trying too hard to emulate either UT or Q3A. The game's mechanics are pretty good for when you are simply trying to dish out punishment to other players in a variety of modes. A mechanic I slowly got used to in Nexuiz is the rocket launcher. If you hold down (primary fire) and aim with your mouse with the rocket launcher, you can direct the rocket towards a target. Pretty cool! Funny enough, this game has two different racing modes to it. The basic Race mode One has you try to complete a course on foot while killing off your opponents, and another race mode called Race CTS (with CTS standing for "complete the stage") has you try to complete a parkour-style course as best as you can while also defeating your opponents. "Nexuiz" is an old game, but it has its own unique style. It also has some pretty good music, though not on the level of awesome music as the Unreal Tournament series. Anyhow... this is a fairly cool old game.

I just recently finished Halo: Reach through the MCC collection. It was my first proper Halo experience and I loved every minute of it.

Forza Motorsport 4 and Project Gotham Racing 4 along with GTA San Andreas and GTA V on PC. I create sound modifications for both games using recordings from the first two listed games.

After playing Nexuiz, I tried out Xonotic last night. Xonotic is a fork of Nexuiz. Both games' titles may sound like drugs, but they are both very nice arena first-person shooters. Xonotic is a bit more fun than Nexuiz. However, Xonotic is also a bit slower than Nexuiz. It helps you play Nexuiz before Xonotic, as I think Xonotic is basically a fork of Nexuiz. Both use the Quake game engine.

T.A.B.S with the kids, it's so funny I'm in tears most of the time, especially the balloon archers.

Love zooming in & watching the battle from ground level, listening to the funny noises they make.

Back