What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
FIFA 23 but it makes me want to kick things.
Got hyped by Alan Wake 2 so I'm doing the remastered version because it's been 12 years now.

Also playing SF6 and Slay the Spire which I discovered recently and is absolutely amazing.

Tried Zelda BOTW but god I just can't understand this game, the world is either too big or too empty but I dont really find anything magical in it.

And finally getting ready for the 22nd, I really can't wait to get my hands on FF16.

As for
I’m the same with BOTW. Just don’t quite get it. Endlessly running around a big empty field trying to hide from those things that laser you, travelling from one village to the next one and doing….stuff. Dunno, I’ve put quite a few hours into it over the years and it’s good, I’ve got some enjoyment from it, but best game of all time? Give me Mario Odyssey on the Switch any day. I’m interested in the sequel but feel it’d be a waste of money for me because I just wouldn’t put the time into it.

Diablo 4. First time playing such a game and I have to say. I like it. It’s a bit overwhelming with all the systems and build option but step by step I’m making progress. Playing as a necromancer with the option to explode evey dead body. Great fun with such a crazy amount of blood.

Got my hands on a switch so bought Zelda Breath of the Wild to see what all the fuss was about.

I can see why people like it but can't see why this 'greatest game of all time' opinion is so widespread, maybe it just isn't for me. It's fun but seem quite empty for me.

Gone back to Stardew Valley - now playing it on PS5, previously bought it on Switch and Mac.
Pretty much my favourite game of the last decade, up there with Breath Of The Wild.
Trying out the 4 Corners farm layout this time, keeps things nicely organised.
It's the videogame equivalent of cocaine. I bought it for the kids at first, then they realised we could co-op and they've tricked me into it, and I've honestly been addicted ever since. Even my wife is into it. :lol:

Finally started Resident Evil 6, apparently I have gotten as far as chapter 1-5 in Leon's story but I have absolutely no recollection of that - then again the date on the save is the 25th of June, 2014 so I'm not all that surprised I have no memory of having played it before. My (second) first impression is not a good one but I have only just finished the completely unnecessary tutorial and played one terrible round of Mercenaries, which I continue to misunderstand.

I get that they wanted to keep the trajectory of RE4 and 5 being more action-oriented going but it's too much, I mean the tutorial ends with a fighter jet crashing into a building, then it falls back out, destroys a bridge section that had a fuel tanker truck on it (why can't the tanker be full of milk, just once?) and the resulting explosion results in wave after wave of cars being flung at the two protagonists who then get rescued by a helicopter, the pilot turns into a zomb and then Leon somehow manages to fly the helicopter way beyond its performance envelope for like two minutes before crashing into some weird indoor tower thing that's suspended above a glass floor that happens to have a ton of zombs underneath. In a Resident Evil game. Having played 1-5 all in a row prior to this I know they all have an element of goofy stuff that runs through the franchise but that opening was so dumb.

Anyway, I'll keep going for now, I've heard one of the other campaigns is closer to "classic" Resi so I guess I'll use that as an incentive to keep at it... howlongtobeat says it's a 20-hour game, though, at the rate I'm playing at the moment that'll take me a month!

Playing the FIFA '22 series, and then I'm gonna play Tony Hawk Pro skater 1 and 2. You guys like that game?

It's the videogame equivalent of cocaine. I bought it for the kids at first, then they realised we could co-op and they've tricked me into it, and I've honestly been addicted ever since. Even my wife is into it. :lol:
It's funny you mention addiction. For some personal reasons making loads of money from alcohol products like wine and ale felt a bit funny to me, even in a game. I've started a new run recently with a completely non-alcoholic farm - just lots of cheese, jellys, juice, honey, coffee, tea, etc. It's a big challenge earning enough for all the upgrades but I'm enjoying it. Less time kegging, more time fishing.

I think I'm starting to like RE6 a little but it's really trying to put me off. The bit I just played featured some ruins that, believe it or not, started crumbling and I died because I thought it was a "run away" moment but then it spawned one of the huge fat zombs that I couldn't get around, it knocked me down and then just as I got back up a baby zomb touched my hair and I died. Actually, most of my deaths come either from QTEs or from being knocked down and then killed the instant I regain control, it is undeniably an objectively bad game (not just a bad Resident Evil game).

But some stuff's happened that has me intrigued so I'll keep going, I figure I can fit one chapter in a night so yes it will take almost a month to finish and I still don't think it's worth that, but I might play something else alongside.

I’m back to playing Cyberpunk. I’m trying to complete absolutely everything in this play through before the DLC comes out.

The only thing I’m worried about is the custom level cap mod I have. Default max level is 50, but I have it capped at 100. Hopefully it doesn’t corrupt my game save or something when the dlc releases. I really don’t want to start a fresh new game for the 6th or 7th time.

cXPdVGl.png

5eFGbAP.png

Project Gotham Racing 4 and GT7. :cool:

Since my last post here, I've:

Started and finished HOA.
Started and finished Planet of Lana.
Started and gave up on Chorus (after playing for 5 hours).
Started and gave up on OMORI (after playing for 10 hours).
Started and gave up on Greak: Memories of Azur (after a couple of hours).

After being frustrated with some of the above (for various reasons), I've now started - and will definitely stick to - Coffee Talk Episode 2.

Horizon 5 is still the game I play daily, even if it is just to do the daily challenges. Also got back into Tetris 99 and Pac-Man 99 for the Switch in a big way over the past few weeks. Nearly finished with Donkey Kong Country 3 on the GBA (my God its infuriating at times) and I should be getting Crash Team Rumble either today or tomorrow, so looking forward to that!

Well Far Cry 6 landed on PSN+ so decided to give it a go as I’ve been struggling with what to play recently.

I smashed 80 hours into EA PGA and have a well rounded golfer but once I had that done, the game is decidedly cold and pointless apart from online play with friends.

GT7 is still there for a sporadic cash grind waiting for the next update but again there isn’t much keeping me wanting to play it.

I played Far Cry 3 back in the day and enjoyed its concept and the stealth mechanics. So Far Cry 6 hopefully will keep me entertained for some time to come.

This year I’ve really struggled with the want and need to play on the PS5 or Switch. I’ve found myself more entertained with movies and music lately.

I downloaded the Last Tale of Benedict Fox (Game Pass). Sort of a Metroidvania with roguelike elements and a supernatural Lovecraftian motif. Sweet graphics, but incomprehensible story without no context whatsoever right from the start... Thus I was not engaged enough to continue after about 20 minutes. Deleted.

I downloaded the Last Tale of Benedict Fox (Game Pass). Sort of a Metroidvania with roguelike elements and a supernatural Lovecraftian motif. Sweet graphics, but incomprehensible story without no context whatsoever right from the start... Thus I was not engaged enough to continue after about 20 minutes. Deleted.
Oh, that one as well! Totally forgot about it.

I also tried it and gave up after one hour or so. I agree with what you said, but I'll also add that the controls were awful and whole thing very jerky.

Quite a let down. I had some hopes for that game.

I've been playing Ghostwire:Tokyo. I'm a little mixed on it. So far some parts are fascinating, like the detailed environment. And some enemies are easy and others I can't seem to harm at all. Like two snake things outside a construction zone that swim under the road.

Before that I did a Skyrim playthrough, first time I've done that in several years. I used to a female elf character to see how differently the NPCs would act. Quite a bit in some instances, especially as the creepy characters got even creepier.

Oh, I played Superliminal, a first person puzzle game on Gamepass. It was quick, interesting, and fun.

Forza Motorsport 4. A truly fantastic game that had it's priorities straight when GT was stumbling.

Last edited:
I've started Resident Evil 7 and, I have to say, it hasn't really grabbed me. I don't quite understand how to play it, I mean it doesn't seem to have much in common with the older games so I don't know how the combat works. Who knows, maybe after playing its six predecessors in a row I might be a little burned out on horror and horror-adjacent games, but I think it's more likely to be because it's just really different and I've mainlined all the other games one after another with no break, everyone else had 5 years to change gears between RE6 and 7 whereas I gave myself maybe 24 hours.

So maybe I'll play something else, maybe something cheerful, and give it another go in a week or so.

Final Fantasy 16. I doubt I'll be playing anything else for a while.
I take it you are enjoying it then? I tried the demo yesterday. I like it enough to buy the full thing, but I wonder how much playtime it will have considering all the cut scenes. This will be my first time playing a Final Fantasy game so wasn't sure if they are like that.

I take it you are enjoying it then? I tried the demo yesterday. I like it enough to buy the full thing, but I wonder how much playtime it will have considering all the cut scenes. This will be my first time playing a Final Fantasy game so wasn't sure if they are like that.
It's a totally different type of game from the JRPG nature of other Final Fantasy games, but I'm enjoying it a lot anyway.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Diablo IV
WRC Generations

No, I don't torture my Koroks. I find them adorable. I even love Hestu's dance and watch it every time.

Back