What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,005 comments
Finished Sniper Elite 5 last night, I really took my time with the final level and completed the first part completely in stealth with my only kill being the kill target, then I knocked out everyone in the first part of the second part... By the second part of the second part I just wanted to go to bed so turned to violence after being spotted one time too many. Good fun, but I'm not sure I have much enthusiasm to keep playing, I didn't achieve everything but as I'm not playing multiplayer I don't see much point grinding out any of the medals or even unlocking all the attachments - I didn't find a single workbench in level 5, but I didn't like level 5 very much.

As for what's next, I guess I should go back to Cloudpunk: City of Ghosts and then maybe another short game before back to Resident Evil 7, then 8. After that... Not sure, either Mass Effect, Ghostwire Tokyo or Yakuza Kiwami.

Just bought Dead Island 2 for £15 off PSN store, so I'm going to jump into that tonight! I have heard the fun wears off and its quite repetitive, but for £15, I wont complain. Loved the original one.

After getting a short discussion about NFS on here, I decided to give Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 on PS2 another go and start a new career for the first time since 2016. Been struggling to find something to do lately and since I was in an NFS mood, I decided to play this since it was on my mind.

After all, I am wanting to get this game again on Xbox 360 someday, so a refresher is definitely something I want to do before I eventually get it.

I've been on a bit of Total War: Attila binge lately. I bounced off pretty hard when I first tried it, but turns out there are quite a lot of things to like about after getting used to it.

Both my brother and sister is a pretty big Romaboo too, so it's giving me a good chance to connect with them as well.

Total War  Attila Screenshot 2023.07.06 - 23.46.49.99.png
Total War  Attila Screenshot 2023.07.13 - 13.49.02.25.png
Total War  Attila Screenshot 2023.07.22 - 01.02.29.39.png

Just reached the end of Red Dead Redemption 2. Will do a bit more exploring, then I'm going to move onto something else. No doubt it is a great game (once it finally gets going) but, for me, I preferred Ghost of Tsushima.

Was debating between a few games for my next play, but I saw a comment on Facebook the other night mentioning Split/Second. Remembered playing it round a mates quite a bit and really enjoying it, but I never got round to picking it up... £1.99 on eBay and I now have a copy. So I think firing up the PS3 and giving that a go will be next!

What games are you playing now?​

Too many and that's the problem - I keep starting new ones and never finishing anything.
Decided to have a purge of my installed games, only leaving a couple at a time so I can concentrate.

Started Jedi Survivor again as I had forgotten what I was doing - should be able to finish that by the end of August as there aren't any GTWS races at the moment to distract.
September is either Baldurs Gate 3 or the rebooted Cyberpunk.
October is Spideytime.

A good plan, no chance I'll actually stick to it.

I finished Cloudpunk City of Ghosts over the weekend, wasn't too sure of the ending if I'm honest but overall it was good and a worthy follow up to the original game. Felt more like a sequel than a DLC.

I moved immediately on to the demo of Delta V (which annoyingly used a delta glyph in its name so searching for "delta V" on Steam yields nothing, at least not when I tried) which is pretty good, I think I'll buy it - when my list of stuff to play is significantly shorter, anyway.

I've since moved on to Norco, which I'm really enjoying so far. I have no idea how you'd describe it, it has some pretty dumb bits but the vibe is quite dark overall and I'm definitely intrigued and looking forward to playing more.

Too many and that's the problem - I keep starting new ones and never finishing anything.
I'm a big advocate for playing one story game at a time with some other more arcade/action/racing/roguelite-type games on the side to dip into. The pandemic gave me an opportunity to actually focus on how I played games, I made some changes and honestly I find gaming much more fun than I used to, because I used to do it just to kill time whereas now that I actually finish things I can have, like, thoughts and opinions about them. It also saves on storage space.

The other day I started playing Horizon Chase Turbo. I bought sometime last year on sale and never played it. So I started it last week and it's a fun though sometimes frustrating arcade racer. The AI has a bad habit of waiting for you so they can bump into you and slow you down while they never lose any speed 😡. Also I stared Dragon ball Z Kakarot and I'm finishing up Spiderman

I'm also trying to finish to finish A Plague Tale: Requiem, to clear backlog for this Autumn. It is lovely to see and hear (in the original French), but, as with the first one, let me tell you something:
It's not very fun to play, and like so many other indie games, big and small (Bramble, I'm looking at you, you are in probation), the gameplay is there to move the narrative forward, not to be enjoyable by itself, even with the possibilities being there: Amicia could be a nimble small warrior and you have a mutant kid brother with awesome rat powers. So, after I finish it, I will not return, ever.

Finished Final Fantasy 16 this morning. I think it’s pretty terrible. 6/10 because some story stuff was great in the middle. They fumble the story in the end though. The game draws inspiration from a million other games and nails non of it. The weird thing is that the blueprint for a modern take on FF was right in front of them with Remake. This isn’t a FF game. It’s a clump of nothing.

Tasking the MMO guys with making a SP FF game clearly was bad idea from the get go.

Bummer.

Also: my arm hurts from all the button mashing. The combat is truly abysmal.

Last edited:
Finished Zelda Breath of the Wild, really did get into it after a slow start, put around 60 hours into it so we'll worth the money.

Just started Metroid Prime Remastered, again was a bit of a slow start but after gaining some more abilities the puzzles are very enjoyable. The respawning enemies can get a bit annoying with all the backtracking the game forces you to do though.

Having not owned a Nintendo console since the original Nintendo I have tons of first party games to catch up on.

So far I have beat Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild and now working through Metroid Prime, think the next game will be Metroid Dread (demo was fun) but open to some more suggestions after that.

I bought project cars 3 in 2021, but I thought it was 🐕💩 so I stopped playing after about 10hrs.
Yesterday I reinstalled it just to have a closer look at some tracks.
I ended up playing it all day.
Continuing today.

Finished Norco today on my lunch break, it was great but absolutely not what I was expecting at all, I figured it would be like a dark, gritty, retro-futuristic True Detective-like investigate-em-up, but what it was was... Not that. 6 hours well spent, but now I have to find something else to play. Not sure if I'm ready to go back to Resident Evil 7.

Edit: decided to leave it to chance and Googled "dice roll" to roll a 6- and 20- sided die to pick a letter, it rolled 17. 17 is Q, which really helped narrow it down to either Quake or Quarantine Circular. I think I'll try Quake, in all the years it has existed I've never played more than the first slipgate.

Last edited:
How come I wasn't aware of Remnant: From the Ashes until I watched previews/revies for Remnant Two? (It even was on Game Pass to booth, gah!!!). Anyways, I bought it for cheap and runs great on the Series S and more so on the X. Simple bonkers story, excellent and streamlined gameplay, just lean and mean fun.

I've decided to alternate between Quake, of which I've done half of the four original worlds(?), and Lacuna which is a really good little side scrolling detect 'em up (or whatever it was I said I thought Norco was like two posts ago), something I've been meaning to play for ages. Really enjoying it so far!

I've been eagerly awaiting the PC release of Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart since it was announced earlier this summer; thus far I've put my first 2 hours into it this evening and it's been worth the wait.
20230728212949_1.jpg
20230728213506_1.jpg
20230728214145_1.jpg
20230728214428_1.jpg
20230728214811_1.jpg
20230728221250_1.jpg
20230728222158_1.jpg
Only real downer is that ray tracing isn't available on AMD GPUs whatsoever at the moment (something with the drivers causing instability from what I've read), but otherwise I think it's a great port and still looks plenty good without RT. I've actually had a physical copy of the game for a while and was pondering getting a PS5 down the road, but this saves me the trouble :D.

Gotten back into Shapez, trying to build an automatic full belt speed 'make anything machine', stuck at semi-automatic full belt speed 'make anything so long as there's no uncoloured pieces or cut outs'...

... it's doing my head in!

20230729160431_1.jpg
20230729160527_1.jpg

Last edited:
So I finished Lacuna and loved it (@35mm you seem to like, uh, good games too so maybe check it out if you haven't already), it's on my list of games to replay every other year along with Disco Elysium and Citizen Sleeper.

I also finished the first campaign of Quake, it gets quite tough at the end but I was able to quicksave my way through it. I thought about starting the next but I've put that on my list of games I consider complete (as I did technically complete Quake) but with stuff left to do (the expansion packs).

I tried to move on to Furi, but I hadn't realised it's a boss rush type thing and it supposedly takes 6-7 hours to beat. I don't think I have the patience for that, and it seems like a game you have to beat while you still have the accumulated muscle memory, so I'd be surprised if I ever beat it on the normal difficulty. Not that it's a bad game, it's slick and quite readable, but I'm too slow and stupid for that kind of thing now I think. I mean I've just died at the second boss, so I don't fancy my chances.

Edit: thanks a lot @MatskiMonk, I accidentally stayed up past midnight last night starting a new game on Shapez. I think I'm about to unlock the ability to copy/paste... I really hope I am, anyway. Also I must be misusing something because my maths on parts per min don't seem to add up. I thought there was a way to inspect parts and belts to see the rate but if there is, I've forgotten how to do it.

Last edited:
I'm having a blast with a couple of games I thought I'd never play, Assetto Corsa Compezione and WRC 9 on Xbox. Only spent about half an hour on ACC but I've really enjoyed what I played so far. It's kind of the opposite experience to what I encountered on Project Cars 2... sorry.

About a week on WRC. Will also check out its sequel WRC 10 when I get bored of this one.

Screenshot_20230804_084556_Xbox.jpg

Screenshot_20230804_084657_Xbox.jpg

Last edited:
I got myself a NEW COMPUTER! I have been looking around my Steam collection to see what I can actually play or play better. One of those games is one I can now play better on my new PC compared to my previous one- Assetto Corsa. Now I'm not going to be playing at any ridiculous resolution, but it did feel good to race against 15 other AI vehicles, compared to me doing a maximum of about 5 or 7 different AI drivers. I already knew Assetto Corsa is a gem of a simulation racing game. Now I feel good to be able to play this game at a comfortable pace to where I may do some more racing with it.

I’ve just started re-playing the original Assetto Corsa on the PS5. I know the PC version has about a million mods and has grown way beyond the original base game, but taking a Ferrari F1 car round the Nordscheife here with my G29, I forgot how amazing AC can feel. I don’t even know how to describe it…..freedom? You can control every % of the throttle and the steering, you can play around with opening the throttle a bit, take different lines as you build confidence and start to push harder, it’s just a completely different experience to the “point towards the apex and step on it” experience of other games. Very hard to describe but you just feel like you’re in control of everything. It still looks pretty decent too. I’d forgotten how good it can be.

I’ve just started re-playing the original Assetto Corsa on the PS5. I know the PC version has about a million mods and has grown way beyond the original base game, but taking a Ferrari F1 car round the Nordscheife here with my G29, I forgot how amazing AC can feel. I don’t even know how to describe it…..freedom? You can control every % of the throttle and the steering, you can play around with opening the throttle a bit, take different lines as you build confidence and start to push harder, it’s just a completely different experience to the “point towards the apex and step on it” experience of other games. Very hard to describe but you just feel like you’re in control of everything. It still looks pretty decent too. I’d forgotten how good it can be.
I leave it installed on my PS5,at all times, still the best racing game to just hop in and do some hot laps in any random car.

I can't believe I have logged about 40 hours in Remnant from the Ashes, but I also had time to discover Inertial Drift (in what used to be Xbox Live Gold) and is a quite enjoyable companion to my usual driving games.

I’ve just given GRID Autosport on PS3 a try after roughly a month of playing GT6 pretty much exclusively. It’s a bit intense. Not sure I’m into it.

Last edited:
I’ve just given GRID Autosport on PS3 a try after roughly a month of playing GT6 pretty much exclusively. It’s a bit intense. Not sure I’m into it.
Stick with it, lower the AI if there too much. Its one of the finest racing games out there, imo. My favourite Grid game. I can imagine the AI are too much after playing GT6, (they might as well not even be there).

Just like that. I was casually playing MegaMan 10, and I ended up beating it... on Easy Mode with MegaMan. For a MegaMan/RockMan veteran, Easy Mode seemed extremely easy. So now I'm re-doing it on Normal Mode with MegaMan, but I may opt to do it with the other characters on Easy Mode and then Normal.

Back