What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,007 comments
Stick with it, lower the AI if there too much. Its one of the finest racing games out there, imo. My favourite Grid game. I can imagine the AI are too much after playing GT6, (they might as well not even be there).

No it’s not that, i mean more like it’s really… i dunno, bombastic or something? Like really noisy and information overload. I spent a lot of time trying find a setting to turn the voices off, but to no avail sadly. Gran Turismo seems a lot more chill, which I didn’t realise until now I prefer

Last edited:
No it’s not that, i mean more like it’s really… i dunno, bombastic or something? Like really noisy and information overload. I spent a lot of time trying find a setting to turn the voices off, but to no avail sadly. Gran Turismo seems a lot more chill, which I didn’t realise until now I prefer
Fair enough, at least you tried it. Personally I don't find it off putting and at first had to think what you meant. I'm guessing the little chat about your rivals at the start of a round and the chatter during drifting. And it says hello to you on the opening screen depending on what name you have set up.

Grid was one of the biggest dissapointments for me. I was a huge fan of the Toca series, but this one was just to over the top.

And brown…. And scoring point or followers or whatever really felt off. I just wanted a touring car racer, but here you had just a small selection of cars and tracks to really do that. Never even touched the drift parts…

Playing Hogwart’s Legacy on PS5. Beaten the final boss on two character and have two new characters to cover all the Houses for the different storyline at one point. Forza Horizon 5 on my Series X… must keep getting the new cars! Minecraft on PS5 with friends of an evening. Farming Simulator 22, must get back into Bus Simulator 21. Also Diablo 4 on the Series X. Also playing Disney Dreamlight Valley on PS5.

Fair enough, at least you tried it. Personally I don't find it off putting and at first had to think what you meant. I'm guessing the little chat about your rivals at the start of a round and the chatter during drifting. And it says hello to you on the opening screen depending on what name you have set up.

My name wasn’t in the list, so I’ve got it calling me ‘Sweety’, i dunno why but i found it kinda amusing

Still trying to get Jedi Survivor finished before BG3 lands but it’s so much bigger than the first one, even with fast travel.

I don’t feel very Jedi-ish at the moment to be honest, basically my Cal is flying around with a mullet/stache combo and a handgun.

My name is in the list but for a while I chose 'Hotshot', always found it funny, 'welcome back Hotshot' ...!
If you assume they're being sarcastic, a lot of those nicknames were pretty funny. I always liked Goose though, play enough Untitled Goose Game and it's not hard to mistake my terrible driving as that of a goose.

My OCD couldn't handle any more Shapez, I think I reached level 20 but I've had to tap out again. Maybe I'll go back to it after a break but I doubt it.

I've moved on to Minute of Islands, which is kinda fine, I feel like it was a victim of its own demo though - people liked the creepy biomechanical stuff and the demo hyped them up, but in reality the game itself is... Yeah, fine. I've fallen asleep playing it twice, but honestly that doesn't mean much anymore, I'm always falling asleep when I'm off duty.

If you assume they're being sarcastic, a lot of those nicknames were pretty funny. I always liked Goose though, play enough Untitled Goose Game and it's not hard to mistake my terrible driving as that of a goose.
You can be Goose to my Maverick as long as you don't want us to play half-naked volleyball together :lol:
I love it when "she" says "Welcome back Maverick".

Last edited:
As a lifelong MegaMan/RockMan fan, I had a chance to play the MegaMan X series after X4 with MegaMan X Legacy Collection 2. Honestly... The MMX series after X4 is not as bad as I thought it would be. But goodness- they're HARD!

* MegaMan X5 I feel like I have to speedrun to get the best results. I discourage speedruns, but that's how it feels when you have to complete everything within a certain amount of time in this game. I kind of dig the newer mechanics of crouching and stuff. It is actually not a bad game.

* MegaMan X6 is harder than MMX5, but MMX6 is a bit more relaxed. It still is plenty tough to try to complete. The fact that rescuing some others gives you some extra lives. You'll probably need them considering how easy it can be to die in this game.

* Okay- MegaMan X7 I am thankful they did not make into a fully 3D experience because it is HARD! I can appreciate the different perspectives this game has to offer, but it's a hot mess of fail no matter how you look at it.

* MegaMan X8 may be the hardest X series game ever. I have not made it to a single boss outside of the introduction stage yet. You also get two lives... or just one if your character falls down a hole or touches spikes or something.

I also saw you could play different versions of the games. For example, instead of MegaMan X5, you could play RockMan X5. It's one of many games in my Steam collection I've been playing since getting my new PC.

I've moved on to Minute of Islands, which is kinda fine, I feel like it was a victim of its own demo though - people liked the creepy biomechanical stuff and the demo hyped them up, but in reality the game itself is... Yeah, fine. I've fallen asleep playing it twice, but honestly that doesn't mean much anymore, I'm always falling asleep when I'm off duty.
Just started the last chapter, wish I could say my opinion has changed. It's not a bad game by any means but I won't miss it when I'm finished, I'm only really still playing because I don't know what I'll play next and this is enabling me to not decide.

That said, Quake 2's remaster just released and is free if you already had Q2, so I might well play that.

Edit: just finished Minute of Islands, downloading Quake 2... I should probably try to get through some of the games I already had installed, but at the end of the day I'm just a flawed human bean.

Last edited:
Finished Remnant: From the Ashes and I'm into it's expansion. I finally gave up on Prey after many starts and stops, for many reasons. I can see why it wasn't successful sales-wise.

• Guitar Hero 2
I know plastic instrument rhythm games haven't been cool in like 15 years (if they ever were), but screw it, I love these games and I wanted to get back into them after finishing college. I only played on Wii back in the day, so I had to buy a new guitar for the PS2 (they're not exactly in a pile at every Goodwill anymore) alongside the game itself being new to me. It's still really satisfying piling up high scores in each song and acing solos on expert.

• Hot Shots Golf (aka Everybody's Golf to y'all in Europe and Oceania) 3 and Fore!
I had the latter growing up, but my parents sold it years ago. I picked both of these up on a whim. They're still exciting arcade golf games; the characters have tons of personality (even if it's cheesy) and the golf gameplay itself is pick-up-and-play with a dash of authenticity that rewards skill like an arcade game should be. They're also more challenging than I remember them being; I found it tough to get the timing right for perfect accuracy in my shots and reading the greens right to sink putts. They may not be the most realistic, but I think these are among the best golf games around as someone who doesn't like the real sport very much.

I played the Automobilista 2 (Demo) recently. As a fan of the first Automobilista, AMS2 seems a lot more polished and with some better racing dynamics. I would like to maybe tone down the graphics a bit and maybe not have the 24 cars in the demo track, but it runs fairly well on my PC. I can only imagine what the full version will be like.

The demo does not represent the current game in any way, they should really remove it. Game is much better.

Last edited:
I tried the demo and decided not to buy. Thankfully a hefty sale came along and now I own everything :lol:
I just need a decent career mode.

I tried the demo and decided not to buy. Thankfully a hefty sale came along and now I own everything :lol:
I just need a decent career mode.
Exactly, I tried the demo and thought no but then got the base game as part of a ridiculously cheap humble bundle. I still haven't played it much though as unlike PC2 I haven't found a controller setup that I'm happy with yet. Simply copy pasting PC2 settings don't seem to work, oddly.

I've been playing We Love Katamari Reroll, and it's great. Rolling sumo wrestler and having him absorb people to grow even more bloated has never been more cute and addicting. I saw people going "Yeah this is nice but where's We Love Katamari" when the first Katamari Damacy Reroll came out, and I see why they were saying that.

Kind of harder than the previous one though, the campfire one and night school took me quite a bit of attempts.

Here's to hoping we'll get Ridge Racer gets this treatment sometime down the line too.

Everspace 2 (Game Pass in Series X/S). I hadn't played Everspace games, and I like space shooters (I finished Chorus, a very good game). Although it seems to be 1080p/30 fps in the Series S, it is surprisingly smooth and has less hiccups than in Series X, which goes for 60 fps and probably 4K, but has very noticeable freezes here and there.

I'm also playing Dishonored/Dishonored 2 concurrently (although I finished Dishonored in the past). 60 fps in Dishonored 2 would be welcome, but 30 fps are tolerable. These two have aged well.

I loaded up Minecraft (Java) and Minecraft (Bedrock) on my new PC. I started two individual worlds for both versions. For some odd reason, my new Java world on my new PC started me off on an icy sand biome, and in the distance are a lot of tall ice mountains. So I start off icy in Java Minecraft. I got to be so comfortable using the game pad that I've enjoyed using Bedrock Minecraft. I can't bind game pad buttons to Java Minecraft.

I tried giving rFactor 2 a second chance, and I ranted about being done with it because I can't run it because of video memory issues. Someone said there was a bug that fails to detect actual RAM of older hardware. I'll explain this issue further in another thread and maybe look at one last FINAL chance for rF2 before I abandon this game forever.

While downloading Quake 2 I thought I'd give Dave the Diver "a quick spin", I've since played 12 hours of it which, given my time constraints, is about as much game time as I can squeeze into a week now - it's great and I'm loving it. I'm on chapter 2, I think, I don't know how many chapters there are but I heard it's possible to finish the game in 10 hours so I would guess only three.

Quake 2 next though, yeah.

Last edited:
While downloading Quake 2 I thought I'd give Dave the Diver "a quick spin", I've since played 12 hours of it which, given my time constraints, is about as much game time as I can squeeze into a week now - it's great and I'm loving it. I'm on chapter 2, I think, I don't know how many chapters there are but I heard it's possible to finish the game in 10 hours so I would guess only three.

Quake 2 next though, yeah.
I thought I'd give Quake 2 a quick go, yeah played it three nights straight now, it's freaking awesome. Not my genre at all but, Quake.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to see I could download RR Type 4 for free now it's available on PS5, since I originally bought it aeons ago for PSP or PS3. Nice one, Sony.

So, I shall definitely be playing that this weekend.

VXR
I was pleasantly surprised to see I could download RR Type 4 for free now it's available on PS5, since I originally bought it aeons ago for PSP or PS3. Nice one, Sony.

So, I shall definitely be playing that this weekend.
It’s awesome but PsOne graphics on an Oled doesn’t really do the game justice.

The soundtrack and sounds really are awesome. This game is one of the all-time greats.

The graphics have been sharpened up, it still obviously looks like an old game but to my eyes it looks much better than before on a modern TV. I’ve played through one season of Real Racing Roots ‘99 this morning, helped my team boss come to terms with the death of his old team-mate and tought him how to be happy again through my driving skills. I bet most people haven’t had such a productive weekend so far.

Picked up Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) on PS5 too and am massively looking forward to that as I never played it before, never had a PSP. All the “greatest RR games” lists seem to have that one very high up and position it as a sort of ‘RR Greatest Hits’ with the sheer amount of content it has. Can’t wait.

Last edited:
The RRT4 chat reminds me that I need to pry the save I started on my Vita then transferred to my PC out of Steam Cloud and plug it into the version of Retroarch that EmuDeck installed on my Deck. I'm not ashamed to admit I needed the ability to quicksave to savescum my way through races as DRT, I'm just not consistent enough on my own at that level. And the special races... Forget it, I doubt I could even cheat my way through those. It's a great game and I've played it on and off since day one but have never gotten very far with regards to unlocking all the cars.

Oh, and it looks amazing at 4K with the various visual enhancements you can apply with emulators. I assume the same applies at 720p on an 8" screen!

Last edited:
Back