What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
I finished Snatcher and Aliens vs. Predator 2010 last week, I tried to also finish off Not A Hero but that last chapter does indeed look like it's going to be as difficult as I'd heard it would be so I think I'll leave it for now, maybe forever, I think if I hadn't taken a couple of weeks off to play adventure games and Cookie Clicker I might be better at it...

I've tried a few games since but haven't found anything I really want to get into, so I've defaulted to GT2 on my Vita and Cookie Clicker on my PC.

I really enjoyed Snatcher, though, the third chapter was a bit dumb but it's a Kojima creation so that didn't surprise me in the slightest. AvP's predator campaign was awful, arguably even worse than the marine campaign.

Last edited:
Ended up going with The Ascent and art of rally.
Finished The Ascent a while ago and have since started Psychonauts 2 - it's what everyone around me was playing at launch, so I had to give it a go! So far, I'm enjoying how original it is. Looks fun, too.

Can't say I'm enjoying art of rally as much as I used to. Maybe due to the lack of enough locations, it is getting very repetitive.

I picked up No Man's Sky again. I haven't played it in probably over a year or more, so much has changed with it and it's pretty amazing now.

I've just picked up RDR2 for Xbox, to get the 4K experience on my Series X. I've had it since launch on my PS4, but never really had the time to put into it, so I had barely touched the surface. Now I'm hoping to go deeper into it.

VXR
I've just picked up RDR2 for Xbox, to get the 4K experience on my Series X. I've had it since launch on my PS4, but never really had the time to put into it, so I had barely touched the surface. Now I'm hoping to go deeper into it.
I played it for the first time about this time last year and it quickly became one of my favourites. I spent time just exploring and doing some of the side missions/collectables rather than rushing the main story which I normally do in games.

After completing horizon zero dawn I found out that battlefield had been delayed so thought I would give warzone another go after many months away from it, still full of cheaters and try hards so I guess it is back to wreckfest until battlefield is released.

I plan on starting another play through of Death Stranding when the PS5 upgrade releases tomorrow. I loved that game even though it took me a while to get around to playing it.

Edit: Started a new game on hard difficulty, the game feels fantastic with the dual sense. Liking all the little changes, even Monster Energy is gone and it’s now called Bridges Energy.

This is turning into one of my favourite games of all time just because of how different it is.

Last edited:
A fair bit of Mario Golf, since the latest update a few days ago. The game while enjoyable enough. Was just light on content when it was released. Starting to feel a lot better now with the additons of new courses and characters. Hopefully Nintendo continues these updates.

So, I got into the Halo Infinite Insider multiplayer for this weekend (Series S, but I will try in the One X later). Generally I don't do multiplayers, so I practiced with all the weapons (many new ones are quite good) and bots and it was fun. The game is easy to pick up and responsive, but I think it was only doing 60 fps in the Series S, also, it's not a visual marvel, TBH, but it gets the job done.

Also, downloaded Scarlett Nexus (Series S) and Marvel's the Avengers (One X). I had already played the demo of Scarlett Nexus and I found it quite chaotic. The game properly introduces you to the world and game mechanics at a more comprehensible pace, I'm liking it a lot.
As for the much maligned Avengers, I'm quite pleased with the visuals (new 4K TV, after all). The gameplay is just ok, nothing special, nothing broken. As for the story, I think most people expected the game to be like the Arkham or Spider-man games I guess, but the lead, at least initially a superpowered kid/fangirl (I don't have a problem with Kamala Khan, I think she's fun, sincere, and well acted.), I'll see how the single player story goes... not interested in the MP or all the crap for purchase.

Umm... Kassandra is really giving me the evil eye (Malaka!, come back here!)

Continuing with Yakuza 0 on PC, up to chapter 8 (I think), it occurred to me that I've spent way more time idling as Majima than Kazuya so now that I'm Kazuya again I think I'll take my time a little more before it switches back to Majima again.

Also started the Resident Evil 5 co-op playthrough I literally bought a Logitech G Pro X headset for, my friend and I played it to death on PS3 and we've been talking about doing it again on PC, I figured when the baby comes in November I won't have time anymore so we've finally gotten started (and played through half the game in one session). It's still not an amazing game but it's definitely much, much better in co-op.

Then on the Vita side, I tried to get into The Warriors (PSP) but wasn't really feeling it so picked up Rogue Legacy again. My old profile was up to NG+ 21 but because I haven't played it in years I can't make it far at all, so I started again and am not doing all that well, it has to be said...

Finished up Halo Infinite Tech Preview. There's still some things that I think should get changed, like the vehicles feel way too light. I would prefer if the melee was more similar to Halo 3, or Reach. Feels like Halo 1 style, so it takes some adjustment after spending so much time in MCC. Also the Warthog needs to sound meaner. :lol: I really hate Total Control game type. But I did my 10+ games so I should get that emblem when Infinite releases in December. Sucks that co-op campaign is not releasing right away.

IMG_20211005_192138.jpg

After 32 escape attempts I finally did it. Hades has been surprisingly fun to play.

Mostly switching between GTS, Fifa 21 and Rocket League. However the next couple days will be spent playing the Battlefield 2042 Beta!

Finished:

Psychonauts 2 - Great game. Quite original and with very fine humor.
art of rally - Little by little, I was able to finish this. Only 6 out of 1000 gamers finished this game, which sounds ridiculous.
The Artful Escape - Crazy game. Did it - in one go - for the guitar sounds and colour explosions, but couldn't stand more 30 mins of it.

Started:

Marvel's Avengers - Already uninstalled it. So much cringe and cliché moments.
Raji - Played for a couple of hours. Liked the visuals and the culture side of it, but most likely will never finish it.
Dodgeball Academia - Played for a couple of hours. Still undecided; if the dodgeball part itself gets more interesting I might stick to it.
Mighty Goose - Nonsense side-scrolling shooter, which can be fun for a while.
Sky Force Reloaded - I played Sky Force Anniversary (as a PS Plus game) a lot and finally decided to buy this one as well (now on the XBOX). It's the kind of game to have always installed and have a go from time to time. Will most likely accumulate many hours on it.
Katana Zero - Nice concept and cool style. This will soon be gone from Game Pass, so I'm trying to get the most out of it now, while it lasts.

I'm procrastinating on starting Hades, but I'm not sure why... Maybe because I read it was a very difficult game.

Last edited:
Finished:

Psychonauts 2 - Great game. Quite original and with very fine humor.
art of rally - Only 6 out of 1000 gamers finished this game, which 0.60% of gamers unlocked the).
The Artful Escape - Crazy game. Did it, in one go, for the guitar sounds and colour explosions, but couldn't stand more 30 mins of it.

Started:

Marvel's Avengers - Already uninstalled it. So much cringe and cliché moments.
Raji - Played for a couple of hours. Liked the visuals and the culture side of it, but most likely will never finish it.
Dodgeball Academia - Played for a couple of hours. Still undecided; if the dodgeball part itself gets more interesting I might stick to it.
Mighty Goose - Nonsense side-scrolling shooter, which can be fun for a while.
Sky Force Reloaded - I played Sky Force Anniversary (as a PS Plus game) a lot and finally decided to buy this one as well (now on the XBOX). It's the kind of game to have always installed and have a go from time to time. Will most likely accumulate many hours on it.
Katana Zero - Nice concept and cool style. This will soon be gone from Game Pass, so I'm trying to get the most out of it now, while it lasts.

I'm procrastinating on starting Hades, but I'm not sure why... Maybe because I read it was a very difficult game.
Hades is a difficult game, I liked it for a while but soon uninstalled it, I couldn't be bothered with the hardcore challenge it presented.

SportsCarGT. Customising & doing "VEH"-files for the heats..

Attachments

• GRAB_006.jpg
    GRAB_006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9
  • GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 for couple of weeks, must say regardless of its buginess and uglyness its a nice game storywise keeps me interested, gameplay wise its really dull with stupid AI and its mechanics. The Witcher is miles ahead.

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 for couple of weeks, must say regardless of its buginess and uglyness its a nice game storywise keeps me interested, gameplay wise its really dull with stupid AI and its mechanics. The Witcher is miles ahead.
I pre ordered the game for PS4 and played it a couple times. Mechanics are terrible and the story was clearly cut at places and not interesting to me. Got a refund for it, but never had to return the game to the place I bought it from. I still have it, catching dust.

It's a tough game but once you beat the final boss it feels so good. I did it in 35 or something escape attempts and I recommend it if you're up for a good challenge. It's not as hard as people make it out to be IMO.

Today I downloaded the demo for Immortal's Fenyx Rising because I liked the few reviews I watched but fell tired in the first 20min. It's a kids game. An amazing looking one at that but I'm not 12 anymore.

Then I downloaded Days Gone from the PS+ Collection and I'm in the first hour. Really enjoying it for now.

Got stuck on some random level in The Last Guardian. The controls are so freaking bad it beaks the immersion every 10 seconds. I'm amazed how the game shipped with such poor controls and UX.

Last edited:
Back