What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Played through Down in Bermuda over the last couple of evenings, it was vaguely entertaining but the controls are beyond awkward on the Deck, to the point where the relaxing super-short digital toy experience was actually just a 3-hour dose of frustration. Annoying especially since the Deck has a touchscreen but hunting for the tiny stars meant you couldn't actually land your finger on them...

Next up I think I'll finally get on with Death's Door or Citizen Sleeper while keeping They Always Run ticking along too - it's probably quite telling that I'll play it until a boss fight, lose a few times, stop playing for a couple of days, beat the boss, stop again then play up to the next boss. I mean the bosses aren't terrible but the game is very withholding when it comes to health items, I've got three medkit slots now but haven't actually had three medkits simultaneously at any point in the game.

Edit: went with Death's Door, last time I played I got the first giant soul. Great game!

Last edited:
Going to start working through my backlog, starting with Sleeping Dogs. Released in 2012 - yes it's that long a list.

list GIF

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 Remaster - I honestly wasn't big on the original HP2010, but kind of liked the car list. It's been a while since I've played something along the lines of Burnout and was craving for some of that arcade action. After my brother picked up the remaster for less than $10, I figured I'd get into it. Sort of enjoying it, but still not a fan of the heavy rubber banding AIs.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure - Enjoyed playing through Little Big Planet 1 and 2, but never played 3 or the kart racer. Not big on the voice acting and cutscenes as I preferred Stephen Fry's narration back in the original. Rather enjoyable as a co-op 3D platformer, even if I'm not that great at them.

Fashion Police Squad - After playing the demo, I really enjoyed how silly it was for a boomer shooter. It gets rather difficult later on when there's a lot of enemies on screen all requiring different weapons. Still recommend for a light hearted shooter that isn't about killing things.

Everybody's Golf - Been rather fun playing with my brother despite both of us never really being into sports. I remember playing the old Hot Shots Golf on the PS1, so for the heck of it, my brother picked up a copy of the PS4 game.

Been playing Wheel of Fortune with the better half over the last week or so, teaming up online to compete, it's surprisingly well done and I assume because it's on PS+ Extra it's easy to find a game and is pretty busy online.

We've never seen the same question or answer twice over a lot of games now, it's recommended if you're looking for a fun online quiz to pass some time.

Finally beat Horizon Zero Dawn. Game has horrible motion blur on PS4 series that makes me sick, but on PC it could be turned off. Awesome visuals of natural/robotic objects and pastpastgenish look of anthropogenic objects. Great visual storytelling and Twilight level dialogues. Deep combat system and boring progression system. Horrible climbing.

IMO, its on par with Middle Earth series and Ubi open worlds.

Next Death Stranding and SpiderMan.

Finished Death's Door, or at least the main story, I left 9 shrines and all the upgrades alone - might go back, might not, not really feeling compelled but I absolutely loved the game.

Started Citizen Sleeper, though, and even though I've barely even started I already feel like it's going to be one of the best games I've ever played. I was a big fan of In Other Waters (the dev's other game) and Citizen Sleeper has similarly excellently writing but this time it feels a lot more like a William Gibson novel which I really appreciate. The gameplay itself is simple but interesting and I can't wait to play more.

I also did a playthrough of Road 96, that's a pretty nice game too. I mean, I didn't really get it at first, but I'm sure subsequent playthroughs will, uh, help, but to be honest I feel like I'd played a few games that aren't actually finished when you finish them (like Late Shift, Bloody Service, Death & Taxes, maybe some others) and that feeling of incompleteness is unsatisfying sometimes. Like, maybe I don't want to play the same story arc but with different choices or random encounters several times to get that payoff?

Still haven't picked up They Always Run or Sonic Adventure DX... I hate not finishing games now but some things are just best left alone, I guess. The three games above have pulled me out of a rut where I feel like I played a lot but didn't really achieve anything, didn't play anything memorable (although I might just be saying that because it's only Wednesday and I've done a full week's worth of hours at work so I'm shattered and my brain isn't working) and didn't have as much fun as I could've, so... Yeah, I dunno, I doubt I'll finish They Always Run and I'm very sure I won't finish SADX.

Playing GT5 like it's 2013 again! Been working on my hybrids I started long ago and trying to finish them. I've put off on them for far too long now and I feel it's time to change that!

Last edited:
Cool Need for Speed Heat is available to download, so I'm doing it tonight, yes!! PS Plus is so awesome!!
It's pretty solid man I liked it a lot. Yeah the story was corny but it gets you around the massive map and when isn't a NFS story corny lets be honest here.

If they had nailed the online part and just ripped it straight from GTA's races setup it would have had a lot more longevity.

Fun experience, loads of customisation, pretty game world, it's a steal on Plus for sure.

I tried Sniper Elite 5 over on Gamepass. It feels like a Hitman if it were jankier and every map was Colorado, but it's a good fun. Maps can get a little too claustrophobic to be conducive to whole elite sniping shtick, but they have pretty impressive scale and intricacy to it, and it feels great when I find a nice overlook with broken generator nearby and destroy every Nazi gonads within my field of vision.

But man oh man is it janky. Weird movement control in general, elite throwable distraction and elite catcalls only working half the time, and it had surprising amount of grammatical errors too. From common mistakes like conflating "its" with "it's" to some proper headscrachers like conflating "were" with "where". How ironic that a game about killing Nazis is actively turning me into a grammar Nazi.

Last edited:
Why Days gone has so poor critic score? Its buggy, but game itself looks awesome, has decent mechanics and proper Walking dead atmosphere. I am not biggest fan of zombie shooters, but this is clearly one of the best.

Why Days gone has so poor critic score? Its buggy, but game itself looks awesome, has decent mechanics and proper Walking dead atmosphere. I am not biggest fan of zombie shooters, but this is clearly one of the best.
Yeah, I'm not huge on Zombie games either but I really enjoyed Days Gone when I played it last year. My only complaint is that I thought it dragged on a little bit too long, the story was still excellent though.

Going to start working through my backlog, starting with Sleeping Dogs. Released in 2012 - yes it's that long a list.
Oh wow, and I thought I had a long backlog of games! :lol: Really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, massively underrated in my personal opinion.
Finally beat Horizon Zero Dawn. Game has horrible motion blur on PS4 series that makes me sick, but on PC it could be turned off. Awesome visuals of natural/robotic objects and pastpastgenish look of anthropogenic objects. Great visual storytelling and Twilight level dialogues. Deep combat system and boring progression system. Horrible climbing.

IMO, its on par with Middle Earth series and Ubi open worlds.

Next Death Stranding and SpiderMan.
I enjoyed Zero Dawn far, far, more than I was expecting to. Wasn't bothered by the motion blur personally, but at least you found a way to play it. I'd like to pick up Forbidden West at some point.

Just wrapping up Ghost of Tsushima now, I have finished the main story and just have the extra island DLC to finish. Been a thoroughly enjoyably play; looks superb, swordplay is great and the Japanese dialogue makes it feel right.

Picked up Huntdown cheap on PS Store this week. Really fun (slightly silly) modern 16 bit side shooter. Will give that some time this weekend, then I think Red Dead Redemption 2 is next.

How ironic that a game about killing Nazis is actively turning me into a grammar Nazi.
Careful, the grammar OSS might hear you and send the grammar Karl Fairburne after you...

Citizen Sleeper is excellent, I haven't even finished it yet and I already want to play it again! I suspect reading a few William Gibson novels and being a huge fan of Blade Runner has helped when it comes to visualising what the text is describing, by making me fill in all the detail that isn't visualised in the game with my imagination it feels much more immersive than anything this side of RDR2. The writing is also excellent and yeah, very happy with this one.

Edit: just finished off the last ending of Citizen Sleeper I had open to me before the first new episode, it had to be the one with the most emotional punch. What a game, though, easily the best I've played in a long time.

Last edited:
I just perma deleted OG Pokemon Go lvl 40 account with close to legendary PvP ranks.. Feels like a breakup lol but it was just to much time consuming for me

F1 Manager still. Sure it's far from perfect but it scratches my itch for a good quality motorsport management game on console. I've been quite addicted to it since release.

And a little bit of NFS: Heat as well. Figured I'd check it out seeing as it's free at the moment.

And a little bit of NFS: Heat as well. Figured I'd check it out seeing as it's free at the moment.
How are you finding the player count, might dip back into it if it being free has filled up the maps again. It was a lot of fun in it's launch period.

How are you finding the player count, might dip back into it if it being free has filled up the maps again. It was a lot of fun in it's launch period.
Hadn't been playing online because I'm in the early stages of the game and still just trying to get to grips with everything but I had look last night and there were only about four or five other players, sadly.

Last edited:
Still playing BF2042 and GT7 here and there, bought Dying Light 1 and Metro Exodus on sale recently but couldn't get into either.

Counting down the days until A Plague Tale Requiem releases so until then it will be a mixture of GT and Battlefield it seems.

Still coming down from Citizen Sleeper, but I've played two endings of Deception at Club Low which I was initially sceptical of but actually love now, finally finished They Always Run (not a good game, terrible ending) and have also picked up the Armoured Core series again thanks to a video I saw about the first game - I honestly never need much convincing to go back to Armoured Core. I've been looking for a programming project to help prevent the tiny bit of Python I learned from evaporating completely and I'd like to have a stab at an Armoured Core mech builder tool to a) help avoid wasting time switching between the shop and garage and b) weed out all the builds you can't actually make until you've beaten the game. Oh and c) get an idea of just how much money you can lose through ammo and repair costs. Maybe the game itself will be fun too?

I've also played a bit of Super Woden GP, which is good but difficult (which is good!) and One Dreamer which seems excellent but maybe not something I'm really in the mood for at the moment. What else...? Oh, of course, I've started Stray again and also started and finished A Short Hike. Between all this, my full time job and being a dad, I'm no longer questioning why I'm so tired this week.

I almost finished A Plague Tale: Innocence before it dissapeared from Game Pass (almost, due to gameplay limitations that became increasingly infuriating as I approached the final boss). I look forward to the sequel, hoping that gameplay improves because the series has high marks from me regarding its setting, graphics, music and sound.

I almost finished A Plague Tale: Innocence before it dissapeared from Game Pass (almost, due to gameplay limitations that became increasingly infuriating as I approached the final boss). I look forward to the sequel, hoping that gameplay improves because the series has high marks from me regarding its setting, graphics, music and sound.
I had never heard of this game until it came up as a freebie on ps plus, personally I loved everything about it including the gameplay, might have to replay it before the sequel comes out.

The setting as you say is a high mark, the best in any game since the original The last of us for me.

Witcher III Wild Hunt. Yeah, an old game. Someone bought it for me not long after i got my PS4 and after playing it just once, through the tutorial and about 10 minutes of actual game play, it sat on the shelf gathering dust. Decided to give it another go after seeing that it got pretty decent reviews, back in the day.

It's good, but feels very much like RDR2 and the Far Cry games (and i imagine the Assassin's Creed series given they use the same Ubisoft engine, but i've never played them), it's not a million miles from the Bethesda Elder Scrolls and Fallout series either. It's very much the sort of game i like to play, but i do feel the concept has become tired. Not really sure what could be done to refresh the pure open world format to be honest.

I tried to play it also. It might just be me getting old and losing dexterity, but I seemed to spend a lot of time waiting for the game to react to button presses.

After what seemed to be the 50th time pressing A to climb up a ladder/wall very slowly, I reached the first boss (the lumbering one in armour with the big sword).

And then had no idea what I was supposed to do to beat him. (YouTube told me eventually). But by that time I had moved on. The game just didnt feel intuitive at times to me.

I dont recall ever having those issues in Uncharted to any degree.

Talking of Game Pass, this appeared out of nowhere yesterday, to occupy my weekend 😀

Beat Days gone. So far, its best PlayStation 4 exclusive I played. Little bit buggy and storyline final isnt great, but overall good game.

Death stranding is next. Planning to get Deathloop via Xbox and then Spider Man.

It's pretty solid man I liked it a lot. Yeah the story was corny but it gets you around the massive map and when isn't a NFS story corny lets be honest here.

If they had nailed the online part and just ripped it straight from GTA's races setup it would have had a lot more longevity.

Fun experience, loads of customisation, pretty game world, it's a steal on Plus for sure.
Yeah, I would take that any old day. And the need for speed rivals one too.

Back