What GT5 tracks have you been to in real life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GroupBmonsters
  • 92 comments
  • 5,848 views
Messages
49
Messages
Redintooth
I'm curious to see where you all have been!

For me,

Tracks in GT5:

London (Been on some of the streets that the track runs on)

Not in GT5:

Texas Motor Speedway
 
Daytona in GT5, and Martinsville Speedway outside of GT5.
 
Circuit de la Sarthe and Côte d'Azur. Nothing else outside of GT5.
 
Outside of GT5, Martinsville Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Baltimore GP (which will actually have its first race in September)

Inside of GT5, High Speed Ring :dunce: ...just kidding...
 
It's a small track in southern Virginia.

I actually live next door to Charlotte Motor Speedway.
 
Nielsen
Circuit de la Sarthe and Côte d'Azur. Nothing else outside of GT5.

I'm very jealous of you. Those are both on my bucketlist to see. I was really close to Sarthe last month in Tours.
 
GroupBmonsters
Awesome. Where is Martinsville Speedway?

Martinsville, Virginia 👍. It's part of NASCAR's track list.
 
nuked4ever
It's a small track in southern Virginia.

I actually live next door to Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Sweet! And I'm the same with Texas Motor Speedway
 
I've been to Daytona a number of times, but I think that's the only one in game that I've driven/been to. Most of the tracks I go to aren't prestigious enough to be included apparently, but those are:

Roebling Road Raceway
Moroso Motorsports Park
Sebring
Road Atlanta
Road America
Virginia International Raceway
Kershaw
Mid-Ohio
Homestead
And a couple others that I'd have to check my log book to remember.
 
Last edited:
GT5 Daytona & London in real life
GT2 Rome
Outside GT
Oulton Park
Mallory Park
Anglesey
Silverstone
Walt Disney World Speedway (Going to do Petty Driving School for my 40th):D
Hope to tick off Cote d'Azure soon
 
Well, I've been at the places where both the London, Madrid and New York circuits (From gt4) should have been if they would have been real.
As for real racetracks, I'm thinking about visiting the Nüburgring at some point, but I think I might have to learn to drive first 💡

Thoughts goes to Norway atm :nervous:
 
At the beginning of this year I flew all the way from Rio de Janeiro to
Germany to drive a racecar at Nordschleife.

I can say that track in GT5 is extremelly accurated when compared to its real life version.

I'm planning to go back there soon. I wish I'd live in Europe to be able to drive there every weekend.
 
In GT5:

London and Daytona - also been through Chamonix if that counts.

Outside:

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Goodwood
Donnington
Barcelona.
 
In GT5 just Indianapolis 6 times(2 500's and 4 Brickyard's).

Tracks outside GT, Road America, Indy Raceway Park, Route 66 Dragway, and Chicagoland Motor speedway for quite a few Cup races and 1 Busch race. Hopefully will make it to Nürburgring next summer.
 
I think I've been to the High Speed Ring :D
 
I went around cote de azur in an f1 car but It was the 2005 Ferrari I was told to drive slow
 
Indy for the 500 and USGP
Laguna
Daytona 24 hr
New York

outside of GT series:
Sebring 12 hr
Road America
Watkins Glenn
12 or so dirt tracks in the Midwest
Chicagoland (indycar)
Iowa
St.Pete
 
Tracks that are in GT5:
Indianapolis for a 500 (I use to live about 20 minutes away from the track when I was 7 years old).

Tracks that are not in GT5:
Donnigton Park.
Silverstone.
Santa Pod.
Shakespeare Raceway.
Castle Combe.
Prescott Speed Hillclimb.
Norwalk Drag strip (summit motorsport park).
 
Laguna Seca - my home track - raced w/cars, motorcycles, bicycles

Daytona - Raced - '88/'89 24hr

Indianapolis

London

Rome

Le Mans

Monaco

Nurburgring

Madrid
 
the london track aint real, just because it has a mock up of picadilly doesnt mean its real
 
Outside GT5 : Circuit Gilles Villeneuve : I can see it everyday from where I work :)
 
In GT5:
Daytona - took my Skip Barber classes there.

Outside GT5:
Road Atlanta
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Barber Motorsports Park
 
I live about 15 miles from Silverstone UK, I've never been for a race event but I went to a car show.
And I've enjoyed going to the following races.
2003,04,07 Donington moto gp. UK
2005 Assen moto gp. NL
2010 Surfers Paradise V8Supercars. AU
 
I have driven : Monaco(Cöte d azur) Nurburgring GP, Nordschleife and Monza(even the oval track on Monza, not in the game).

Not on GT5: Imola and Spa

My car is a Mini R56 Works with some needed upgrades and its parked at the Ring all summer

Here is a Spa video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLauvaas?blend=7&ob=5#p/u/0/f3_WkmDkoJo

Cool video. That Beetle you passed looked halarious in the video. Looked like those 2 porcshes were really racin each other. they flew by you! Wish i could do that!
 
Back