What I found out (tips)

• Thread starter Jbpd
  • 39 comments
I have come to the conclusion that 'bumper' cam is more like windscreen cam.
In the pitstops you can see the front wheels going on. Therefore the 'bumper' camera has to be behind the front wheels.

If you drive up to the pitstop marker you are way too forwards and have to get moved back into position, and you can also end up bumping opponents from behind when there is still a small gap.

So if you drive in bumper cam just keep in mind there is a few feet of car in front of you!
I drive in cockpit cam, change to chase cam for pitstop, then change back once in the box. Easier to line up the car I reckon

Does anyone have any tips on getting your car control rating up?

I've been hovering around the 75 mark, sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down. I found in options you can set it so you can monitor if you're doing good or bad for a particular rating. I turned on the Car Control one, and it's saying I'm overdriving the car/ turning too much in situations where I really don't feel like I am, for example Turn 2 at Hungaroring (long downhill left-hander).

Maybe I just need to look at reference laps more?

If you read the box to the right & follow those steps it will improve.
It more about doing the same times per lap not I over driving & no accident.

I found the Lambo in the young driver program is much more manageable to drive if you increase the preload differential. It fixes the oversteer you get when applying the throttle.

Thanks for this - I took a few stabs at the career shortly after launch, and was usually in the middle of the pack (2 AI faster, 2 slower). I don't know how much is just practice in different cars or learning cleaner lines through Monza, but when I came back yesterday to do it again with the preload differential up a couple of clicks I was able to finish in first place with a "standard" career level suggested, which seems about right for my current skill level. I suspect that some of it is due to me getting better, but part of it was the car being so much looser than the other cars, and your tweak helped with that.

I figured out a trick for manual starts in the pits:

When you pit, you have to turn the engine off. And occasionally I struggled with hitting the ignition then engine start quickly enough after the stop. But I found out that you can turn on the ignition while the car is being worked on. So once the pit is done, you just hit engine start and you're on your way!

I figured out a trick for manual starts in the pits:

When you pit, you have to turn the engine off. And occasionally I struggled with hitting the ignition then engine start quickly enough after the stop. But I found out that you can turn on the ignition while the car is being worked on. So once the pit is done, you just hit engine start and you're on your way!

Why do you turn off your ignition?
Who told you , turn off ignition & not just press the starter button?
You just adding more time to your pit stop , a car with a start button.

Back