What is a "Tranny trick"??

• Thread starter HDx
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDx

PH-UniiQuEzZ
I was looking @ some threads earlier and people were talking about "tranny trick" I know what a tranny is (transmission I think?) So I was wondering: What is a tranny trick?? And how do you do the trick??

Thanks.

HDx
I was looking @ some threads earlier and people were talking about "tranny trick" I know what a tranny is (transmission I think?) So I was wondering: What is a tranny trick?? And how do you do the trick??

Thanks.

its putting the final gear all the way to the right, then top speed to the left then set the final gear and the rest of the gears to youre liking

Assuming you are refering to the one that involves setting gears rather than hiding gear :), it's something like steleb described as far as I know.

Assuming you are refering to the one that involves setting gears rather than hiding gear :), it's something like steleb described as far as I know.

Have a jam sandwich, most amusing...:sly:

{Cy}

its putting the final gear all the way to the right, then top speed to the left then set the final gear and the rest of the gears to youre liking

Method is right, way of saying it isn't. 👍 The transmission trick is broken down like this:
Adjusting the final gear ratio (in this case, to shorten) initially and then moving the max speed autoset to get a new set of super-close gearbox ratios and then adjusting the final gear again (this time, to lengthen) so your gearbox stays super close but gives you a better range of speed. 👍 It doesn't always have to be all the way to the right. :)

mafia_boy
method is right, way of saying it isn't. 👍 The transmission trick is broken down like this:
Adjusting the final gear ratio (in this case, to shorten) initially and then moving the max speed autoset to get a new set of super-close gearbox ratios and then adjusting the final gear again (this time, to lengthen) so your gearbox stays super close but gives you a better range of speed. 👍 It doesn't always have to be all the way to the right. :)

+1. :)

So, it's just settings for transmission? And that doesn't work in Sport mode, as it should be locked over there?
And... I didn't understand anyway... Final gear, fastest gear - are they not same?

So, it's just settings for transmission? And that doesn't work in Sport mode, as it should be locked over there?
And... I didn't understand anyway... Final gear, fastest gear - are they not same?
This is actually an old 2011 thread for Gran Turismo 5 for the PS3, not the current GT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back