What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
Don't make the mistake of picking a car that is too slow though. I used a Merc 190 evolution for the Grand Valley endurance race and i came 2nd, I was 1.7 seconds behind 1st place, I was not happy lol

finally unlocked it and am about to sit down for a session now. THIS is pretty much the sole reason i have GT5 lol i love this event and i am usually spending 4+hrs a day on the ring anyway just in practice mode gonna be a blast.

do you guys think 8:30-8:45ish laps will be good enough to have a close race?

after testing a few cars out in practice i really love the:

Amemiya FD3S RX-7

it has a superb interior, is hella fun to drive around the ring and is reasonably quick.

im lapping around 8:25ish to 8:45ish depending on intensity with this car stock, that includes stock sports soft tyres.

if i chuck on racing hards or softs i can probally do quicker but i love the feel of this thing stock but dont want to be blown away by the competition.

also i been doing it with all aids off and its going to be a very very intense 4hrs because this car is super twitchy without SRF on lol.

any opinions before i start?

finally unlocked it and am about to sit down for a session now. THIS is pretty much the sole reason i have GT5 lol i love this event and i am usually spending 4+hrs a day on the ring anyway just in practice mode gonna be a blast.

do you guys think 8:30-8:45ish laps will be good enough to have a close race?

after testing a few cars out in practice i really love the:

Amemiya FD3S RX-7

it has a superb interior, is hella fun to drive around the ring and is reasonably quick.

im lapping around 8:25ish to 8:45ish depending on intensity with this car stock, that includes stock sports soft tyres.

if i chuck on racing hards or softs i can probally do quicker but i love the feel of this thing stock but dont want to be blown away by the competition.

also i been doing it with all aids off and its going to be a very very intense 4hrs because this car is super twitchy without SRF on lol.

any opinions before i start?

Racing hards 👍
That's a fantastic car, I think you'll blow the competition away...

I used a slightly tuned Ferrari 458. Smoked the S2000 away.

Cusco Impreza is a great choice if you fancy race cars.

I'd pick a 10-15 seconds slower car if you want emotion. S2000 makes many strategic errors, it will stay 5 laps in the track, but tyres will only last 4, in the 5th he will lose like 3 minutes alone until he gets to boxes.

I actually feel sorry for the S2000. I was running it last night in the Nomad Diablo (too overpowered to be a good car choice I discovered) and made the mistake of missing one of my pit stops. Man......that is a loooooong track when you are trying to drive with rear tyres that have no tread left ;)

I did it with the BMW M3 GTR Race Car full stock and it was a blast :)
Compared to the suzuka event this one felt to me as 30 minutes and the suzuka took me 100 hours lol.

well that was suprisingly easy. i was doing 8:30 laps most of the way and still won by over 7mins :(

was a fun car to drive as well.

going to keep lowering the HP until i find a car that is challenging, might try a GOLF next lol or my STOCK SS commodore i just got :) (althought 9min something laps probally not gonna cut it lol)

Im about to sit down to this race and am still contemplating the car I want to use. Not too familar with this track as I have not raced it too much, but I do enjoy driving it. Kinda thinking the M3gtr route. Looking for a for sure win even though I may mess up just a little.

I enjoyed it in a Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, because in lap 5 i totally ruined my tires and needed about 20 minutes for that round, so i had to make my way back to the lead for the next 3 hours and got first after 3 hours and 40 minutes and won by 3 1/2 minutes or so after all.

Im about to sit down to this race and am still contemplating the car I want to use. Not too familar with this track as I have not raced it too much, but I do enjoy driving it. Kinda thinking the M3gtr route. Looking for a for sure win even though I may mess up just a little.

Take the Le Mans racer if you want, the Pescarolos are great to drive.

Did it today with Asparadrink RX-7. Car has amazing handling and I won by 3 laps, but the car doesn't feel powerful at all.

Just finished this in a Nismo 380 RS Super Leggera, tuned to ~ 470bhp. The fastest AI opponent I got was a ISF Racing Concept. Won the race by ~6.5 min. How long do you guys get out of a set of RH tire? I was pitting every 3 laps, and take on fuel every other stop. So each stint was basically out lap, hot lap, and in lap. And of an entire sequence without mistake(which there were some) would be like 8:5x, 8:3x, 8:5x, Pit for tire 8:5x, 8:3x, 8:5x, Pit for fuel and tire, 9:xx....I think the fastest lap was 8:34...

I had an amazing race here with a stock F430 Scuderia on Racing Mediums. The S2000 GT1 was the main rival, and for the first 1.5 hours I only had less then 20 seconds gap... (forgot to mention: all helps off, except ABS in 1, cocpit view, and all HUDs off too, except at the long straight to check my tyres/fuel! then switch back off...only me, the gauges, and the car... ;) )
I could have been faster, but after ~2 hours I started to make mistakes (that would have me killed IRL... ;) ) The biggest gap was around 50 secs.

I pitted in every 5th lap, with refuelling to max, except at the last pit. (it's more challenging - and fun - this way in this car IMO) On the 1st lap, I was faster than my opponents, on 2nd and 3rd they were catcing up (I tried to save my tyres). The 4th was critical, as my tyres began to lose grip fast (I made most of my mistakes here). The 5th lap was interesting: the AI cars' tyres was even more used then mine, so I gained time here as well.

It was an astonishing race indeed!

if you want a challenge but still want to win buy a EVO IX race modify it then apply one of the tunes from the tuning form; I forget which one is tuned for the ring. I did that and one by 2 min. but I had to catch up a few times due to pitting cuz I kept burning through tires, that car turns like a beast on the ring.

The Elise 111R is almost too easy for this challenge. Sure, you have half the horsepower, but after a few laps I'm about 20 seconds up, on hard tires which are barely show signs of wear.

im starting to think you can win this in any car now lol.

I did it in my stock holden commodore SS '04 with racing tyres only.

I also found that the AI seems to be retarded and wont pit for 4-5 laps.

once they get to lap 3 on the same tyres they start to lose HUGE chunks of time!

I found that in my commodore i had to pit every 2 laps just for tyres and every 8 laps for fuel.

I still managed to win by over 3mins.

My next challenge will be to do it in my passion pink mini cooper S lol.

I plan to use the HKS CT230R, it's premium and not hugely expensive, though I am a bit biased as I own an evo 9 :P

It's very similar to what you're facing and is extremely predictable and neutral. Has a bit more power than a RM Evo 9 too. It's a bit of an understeery sob at the limit with standard settings, but a few tweaks can make it swivel much more easily.

Any of the Race version Nissan GTR's should be good too, but probably the later ones are a bit too good, not giving you much of a challenge.

This race is totally dependent on the competition. If the Audi R8 LMS is in it, you better be very fast. If not, it can be won with any number of great cars.

For me, I like the Mercedes 190 E Touring Car. It's German, so it fits the track and the tuned style of cars in the field.

This is the only enjoyable grind in the game. IMO the 4hr Nurburgring is the best event in the Endurance series, so do grind it and use different cars. Sadly I have nothing to add to the thread as the car I used, and the cars I plan to use have already been mentioned. But I will look into my garage for something different.

BTW: Nice thread.

Why is the AI so slow :(

This is the only enjoyable grind in the game. IMO the 4hr Nurburgring is the best event in the Endurance series, so do grind it and use different cars. Sadly I have nothing to add to the thread as the car I used, and the cars I plan to use have already been mentioned. But I will look into my garage for something different.

BTW: Nice thread.

Thanks, an endurance event we can enjoy :D
I would say that 24 hour would be more enjoyable, but time constraints.

Back