What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
havent done the race but if you can use ANY car i'd suggest using the Ferrari 599. Absolutely amazing car to drive. Even when fully tuned it's a delight :)

I see. Don't tune the 599 then? lol
Or how about the Subaru Cusco Dunlop Advan Impreza '08? Lovely Race-car! Or Lexus IS-F Racing Concept :)

Mclaren F1 road car, Nissan GT-R, Ferrari 458 Italia... Basicly something enjoyable and engaging to drive, that is also fast enough to win. If i'm gonna drive for 4 hours i will be driving one of my favourite cars, you should too.

I was thinking about doing this race in my McLaren F1, no mods except racing hard tyres because it looks like the cars you're up against use them judging by what they are.

If I'm driving 4 hours I would drive an underpowered car.
The M3 was underpowered by almost 300 BHP and overweight by 200 KG I think.

On my first race I picked the RX7 LM (525 hp) and expected the race to be fun. Man, I was wrong! It just took me half a lap to put my opponents at a respectable distance. It was so easy I wasn't even trying to improve my times. I was cruising the Ring like a freakin tourist. I made a boatload of mistakes but still managed to win by a huge margin. Boring.

So I decided to redo the race with a M3 GTR (375 hp) bought at the UCD. Just did an oil change and slapped racing hard tires.

Although I didn't stand a chance for the win from the very beginning of the race, I enjoyed every moment as I had to focus really hard on being agressive without making too much mistakes.

It was a real pleasure to struggle in the middle of the pack with an underpowered car and no downforce, trying to squeeze the best out of it. Intense, challenging and fun.

I finished the race in 4th position, 1 lap behind 1st. Needless to say it tasted a thousand times better than a easy win :)

I definitely plan on another shot with the M3 to see if I can improve.

Thanks OP!

And you most likely learnt a lot from it too ;)

Just because I said "owns", doesn't mean it'll blow everyone away. There's also handling, not only speed, you know. ;]

I know, and handling is vital on the Nurburgring.
And it has a lot of grip, I've driven it.
Too much grip for the AI though.

I would use a car at least 100HP slower than the fastest AI, it really brings up the challenge, but I haven't tried yet.

I did another attempt with the M3 GTR yesterday. Oil change, racing hard tires and engine overhauling to gain a little extra power (392 hp).

Again, I quickly felt too short for the victory: at the end of 2nd lap I definitely lost the lead as the Audi was pushing too hard for my car specs.

This time I finished 2nd but still at good distance from the 1st (+ 9 minutes) and far ahead the others (lapped them once, the yellowbird twice) with a best lap of 8.54.XXX. I was missing 20 seconds per lap.

Anyway, it was fun and, considering the car, probably the best result I could expect.

I'll leave the M3 for now and give a try with the RX7 spirit I used for the seasonal event.

I love this enduro :dopey:

The thing is with racing the AI, only with a underpowered car you get some sort of challenge which makes it a bit ackward to start with. I done quite some 90min races on the ring with PC simracing games and with 24 people it IS exiting.
Now I love the ring and done 1000's of virtual laps and even dozen of real ones but I don't think I will risk having to run this event more then 1 time racing the stupid AI.
I for one will just choose a car that challenges me to push for laptimes and keeps me wiling to try and improve, will have to figure out which car it will be then!

I did another attempt with the M3 GTR yesterday. Oil change, racing hard tires and engine overhauling to gain a little extra power (392 hp).

Again, I quickly felt too short for the victory: at the end of 2nd lap I definitely lost the lead as the Audi was pushing too hard for my car specs.

This time I finished 2nd but still at good distance from the 1st (+ 9 minutes) and far ahead the others (lapped them once, the yellowbird twice) with a best lap of 8.54.XXX. I was missing 20 seconds per lap.

Anyway, it was fun and, considering the car, probably the best result I could expect.

I'll leave the M3 for now and give a try with the RX7 spirit I used for the seasonal event.

I love this enduro :dopey:

You're really enjoying aren't you?
I wish I had that much time on my hands.

Which version of the ring is this using?

I tried the IS-F RM on the Nordschleife to see how the car drives, the car is quick(6:5x, on race hard), but 8 gears confuses the hell out of me since I am using like the gear number 2 higher than what I am used to...lol

Which version of the ring is this using?

I tried the IS-F RM on the Nordschleife to see how the car drives, the car is quick(6:5x, on race hard), but 8 gears confuses the hell out of me since I am using like the gear number 2 higher than what I am used to...lol

It's the V layout.
The one which has Nurburgring GP/F and Nurburgring Nordscheleife together.

Ferrari 458 Italia. Its got a great interior and is fun to drive with padel shifters on the DFGT. Of course the engine sound is great too.

Lexus ISF RM
BMW M3 GTR race car
any Mazda RX-7 tuned to skills
Lotus Elise 111R or RM
HKS CT230R
any S2000 tune to skills
Ferrari 458 Italia
RUF CTR2
any Subaru STi tuned to skills
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM
Audi R8

The above cars may or may not be fast enough to win, but I enjoy driving them all emensely.

Tried a GT300 Subaru Cusco Impreza around the Nurburgring V track, ~ 8:40 lap, which is probably slightly faster than AI car which on balance is probably good for winning but not by a country mile....the car is slow on the straight with only ~300 something BHP on tap but pretty amazing cornering wise....should be fun I think....

Now I just need to grind my way to lvl 32, next seasonal can't come soon enough...

did it just the other day in a Elise 111R RM, 27 laps, won by 4 minutes, got a Audi R8 LMS (sweat ride). I recently found out how easy the Veyron is to drive with the DFGT, so I think I'll do it next in that, I can stretch tire wear out for three, instead of two laps, using TCS 5 and ABS 8, and still keep it under the 9 minute times.

Tried a GT300 Subaru Cusco Impreza around the Nurburgring V track, ~ 8:40 lap, which is probably slightly faster than AI car which on balance is probably good for winning but not by a country mile....the car is slow on the straight with only ~300 something BHP on tap but pretty amazing cornering wise....should be fun I think....

8:40 per lap is probably a bit too short for the win - you should rather aim around 8:30' laps, or even less if you're facing the bloody fast S2000 GT1 Turbo.

Back