What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
Right...after going through this thread I have decided to do this immense event in my NSX RM '91 for the first time...did think about the Falken and the M3 GTR but I want a challenge from the outset...I'll post on how I got on...maybe even hourly :)

Right...after going through this thread I have decided to do this immense event in my NSX RM '91 for the first time...did think about the Falken and the M3 GTR but I want a challenge from the outset...I'll post on how I got on...maybe even hourly :)

Well, that was a massive read for you then ;)
I think I'll do the enduro again and I'll use the NSX RM too :D

Most of the tuning cars will provide a fun race, including the RUFs. Also the R8 LMS Race Car...which you can win from this. So actually, don't use the R8 LMS. But do if you need to. :lol: It is a bit complex. I still need to do this. In the R8 LMS :lol:

Right...first pit after 4 laps...lead is 24secs and some mistakes made due to tyre wear both started as RH now going to go out in RS/RH with no fuel taken on board

I used the NSX Type R with tune from RKM Motorsport :)

Okay for some reason my NSX didn't steer too well to the left for some reason after leaving the pits and that was using my G25...tried to switch to the DS3 and I'm getting the same problem...any ideas? No damage showing to the car either

I used a fully-tuned '07 GT-R. The race was actually pretty fun, at least compared to that other 4-hour race.

After much consideration I used my Lexus IS-F RM, and didn't regret it.
Aside from the handling aspects suiting the Ring for me, I just love the engine sound, still did after 4 hours of playing.

Great thread, for possibly the best race in GT5.

I did it last weekend, in the Nissat GTR Academy Version. Only did a oil change, and racing filter. Racing hards for rubber. In relation to the other competitors, quite a heavy car.

I didnt encounter the audi r8, though had a good battle with the tuned Audi-TT (the orange one, cant remember what it is called), and the amuse s2000 (non turbo). However, their pit strategy didnt give them any competitive edge, so won with a margin of 4 minutes.

Next, I'm planning on doing it in the Alfa TZ2, then a Ruf (maybe the yellowbird), then a tuned Nissan Silvia Spec-R, since I once read of a guy having a great 200 pts race in GT4 with that. But in GT4, I dont think the competition was as "hard" as in GT5?

I used an Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo with Racing Hard tires. I drove all 4 hours and I battled with the R8 LMS the entire time. I ended up winning by 3 minutes, but it was an entertaining race throughout.

I used a stock Ferrari 458 on Racing Medium tyres. Little bit too fast but ended up having a great race when i forgot to pit and ended up doing a 15 minute lap on completely shot tyres. Went right down to the last lap when I overtook the HPA TT just after the Karussell. Good fun race and great sound. Definitely my favourite car in the game, especially stock

Does anyone know the pit strategy of the Amuse S2000 GT1, how many laps can it go before it pits? I don't remember from when I did it before, kinda need to know so if anyone can tell me that would be great. I'm not using the car, just need to know when the AI will pit it.

NM, got my answer. Am doing a test run and the GT1 just pitted end of lap 5.

Last edited:
If you want to both win and enjoy, I suppose the Viper ACR would be my first choice. It's fast and difficult to tame. So that could make it enjoyable.

What, you mean like the Chaparral 2J.:scared:As a recommendation from past experience, unless you know how to tame them, because they are really difficult to tame, don't go for a Chaparral:scared:.

I started this race with the Falken GT-R, but I quit because it does 8:50 laps and The Nurb is stressfull enough as it is without having that S2000 GT1 and the Audi constantly breathing down my neck.

Call me lame, but I'm looking for something that would win the race comfortably. Keyword: comfortably, so not the X2010 or FGT. The Minolta, R10 and Escudo are too twitchy for the narrow road... Help!

Any suggestions?

I used the Audi R8 LMS black car from the UCD. Won with the secodn place car one lap back (he pitted in the last minute of the race, or he would have been on the same lap. Probably could have pushed it faster, but enjoyed just getting much more familiar with the track than I have been. Unlike most endurance races where when I am done, I am done (payouts not high enough to warrent another go at the race) I really enjoyed this. As I type this, I have my laptop to the sdie to the table where my G27 is mounted and tyring to decide which car to use. I want a premium one to try it with the cockpit view, and on the G27 as when I ran it yesteday, I just used the DS3. But what a fun race. bad side of the R8 was that I had not raised the gear ratios and was topping out at 173 on the back straight, so other cars would catch up to me.

Race Modified Nissan Silvia, used that today. Had a 1hr practise last night, brand new car, ECU upgrade and RM tires, 295BHP. Was only 20secs in front when I turned it off, today however I got nowhere near as much of a challenge, was nearly 7 minutes in front at the end from the CT230R. :(

Still, really great drive despite that, am looking for the next great car now with some more testing. :)

I've decided to try and win it with the "Volvo 240 Estate" fully tuned on Hard Racing Tyres i'm driving lap times around 10 min but looks like i can keep the tyres longer than the AI.

Until now have only driven the 4H as a testrun a few laps at a time to find the best Gear Settings for this Heavy monster.

I used a fully-tuned '07 GT-R. The race was actually pretty fun, at least compared to that other 4-hour race.

How did it go?

I'm planning on using a stock '07 Nissan GT-R to practice getting that GT-R Nurb trophy. I'm still around 7 seconds off the target time for that track segment...

I have done this race a few times.

You only have to do 28 laps to win.

I have done it in the Ford GT Race car (Twice),Audi LMS R8 race car and GTR-V and won by 3 or 4 laps.

In the X1 I sat by the line for the last 1hr 30mins as I was so far ahead I could just leave it and let them un-lap themselves and rolled over the line to win by 2 laps.

If you want real fun and still win by a lap or 2 do it in the Suzuki GSXR-4 full tuned with a spoiler and softs.

do you recomend the M3 GTR Race car?

or the super gt ones like the calsonic gt-r 08'?

Looking to win, but with some competition...

Try anything (competitive, of course) street legal without Modifiying it.
For example;
Enzo ferrari stock
LFA Stock

or anything @ 600 PP

Back