What is the rarest car in the game?

• Thread starter foxypa
  • 1,042 comments
If you decide to go ahead with the UCD experiment, I would be happy to help out. I just started using the UCD calculator about a week ago. So far it has been spot on, everything from what should currently be in my UCD to what is coming up in the next 5 days. It isn't random at all it seems. The programmers probably thought that nobody would go to such extremes just to predict what used car is about to show up on the Used Car Lot, boy were they WRONG. Haha.

I have two separate games of GT5 and both lists are predicted exactly as they show up in my UCD. My friends that are using the predictor are getting exactly the cars that are predicted with the site I listed. I don't know what to tell you beyond that. It's easy to miss a car in the UCD even when you're vigilant. The other day I looked at the list two or three times looking for something specific and didn't even notice until I was leaving the dealership that I didn't have one of the cars checked. One gets distracted at times and sometimes you get tunnel vision and miss what's right in front of you. Sometimes you get stuck on a race and do it many times over to get that 1st place finish. Every time you finish a race a "day" passes and the UCD is incremented by by one set (three lines of cars) and the UCD only holds 5 sets (15 lines or 30 cars.) One race too many and you've missed 6 cars as the bottom three lines are pushed off the list. Five completed races and the entire UCD is refreshed.

Sark

If you use the B-Spec grinder, you can forget about finding elusive cars! They will come and go and you won't even know.

There is a new answer:
The rarest car is the hybrid that wasn`t built yet.

If you`re asking for untouched standards: it`s the one you`re missing the most / the longest.

If you`re asking for untouched standards: it`s the one you`re missing the most / the longest.

So true. I've yet to complete a few want lists, and they've been lingering on forever!!
Someday, someday :crazy:
I still think the Samba is by far the rarest car, ever in the game.

The rarest car in the game is the one you need that you actually can afford to purchase.

Or the Caddillac CIEN.

Not a big deal - there are so many other ways to get it, I would think. But the B-Spec race in question isn't difficult to ace at all. The prize car I got was a Piano Black, but the one that pops up in the UCD is a nameless silver grey:

IMG_1747_zpse28dc713.jpg

Something like this might be a little more rare:

IMG_1744_zpse84908a8.jpg

Not to be confused with the one that comes in Barcelona Orange Pearl.

Formula Gran Turismo. The one you spend hours just to could afford buying it, and then spend even more hours waiting for it coming in the used car dealership :dunce:
Isn't it in the OCD? I dont think its rare to be honest I have like 20 of them...

KinLM
You just quoted a 2+ year old post. From before the OCD existed. Ever think about that?

Who/why would someone quote a post from two years ago. Holy crap

Oh my 🤬 God, I quoted a person that posted in 2013.

No. You quoted a post from December 2010. Each post has the time it was posted in the top right corner. You took a post from the first page of the thread and quoted it.

Back in December of 2010, the FGT WAS the most rare car basically. Now it isn't, but back then it was.

No. You quoted a post from December 2010. Each post has the time it was posted in the top right corner. You took a post from the first page of the thread and quoted it.

Back in December of 2010, the FGT WAS the most rare car basically. Now it isn't, but back then it was.

Win.

Otherwise, I hardly ever use my one FGT anymore. I used to use it A LOT, but now I can hardly find any races to use it in, not even seasonalls. I've thought about buying more with all my monies, because mine is an ugly colour, but I'd never use it anyway :P

This doesn't even make sense, if I really really wanted a Ford Focus and had the money for it, it doesn't make it a rare car, it makes it a desired car.

A rare car is a car that is hardly seen.

This.

And honestly. There are no rare cars. I've seen oretty much every car once. The 2j at least 4 times now. I believe the only car I haven't had the chance with yet is the nomad.

If you count appearances online as rare, then I nominate the Lister Storm. For months I didn't see one and then one day I see two at once.

You wait for one... :lol:

1,500th post, woo.

Last edited:
I've bought 2 of them in the ucd. Not a very good car honestly.

I also have a few of them, it is OK to use for drifting with.

I'd say the Lister Storm and/or the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 are possibly the most elusive cars in the game, i have only seen them once each and had to buy them, because i knew it would be silly of me to pass them up.

But i could say the same for the CLK LM Race car and the RX8 Concept Race car.

Last edited:
I also have a few of them, it is OK to use for drifting with.

I'd say the Lister Storm and/or the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 are possibly the most elusive cars in the game, i have only seen them once each and had to buy them, because i knew it would be silly of me to pass them up.

But i could say the same for the CLK LM Race car and the RX8 Concept Race car.

Got multiple copies of each. Lol

The Stig Farmer
If you count appearances online as rare, then I nominate the Lister Storm. For months I didn't see one and then one day I see two at once.

You wait for one... :lol:

1,500th post, woo.

Agreed actually. The Lister Storm is a hard one to find. It is one of my favorite cars too. Seems like everytime I am looking for a certain car, it never turns up

After having every car in the game (I think) months of checking the used car dealer with nothing new, the other day some Opel sedan popped up that I didn't have yet. I'm gonna say that's the rarest lol

Agreed actually. The Lister Storm is a hard one to find. It is one of my favorite cars too. Seems like everytime I am looking for a certain car, it never turns up

It was one of the last 10 cars I acquired. So I agree that it is a very difficult car to get

Back