What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?

I do think the show cops a lot of slack because the audience is profoundly left and is intimating for those that come against it, which is unfortunate.
Again, that criticism only came up during the Abbott years. The whole focus of the programme is for ordinary people to question various leaders of society on issues that they feel strongly about, and to the ABC's credit, the show draws on a really broad range of commentators instead of just focusing on one niche area, like politics. But the Abbott government was extraordinarily dysfunctional and deeply unpopular, and so it was easier for them to claim that the ABC is biased than to actually address their critics (because to Abbott, acknowledging your critics meant admitting that you were wrong, and the modern Liberal mindset is that the only thing worse than admitting that you're wrong is being caught is bed with a dead woman or a live animal). I have met several dedicated Liberal voters who genuinely believe that as a taxpayer-funded station, the ABC should only broadcast pro-government stories (but are aghast at the idea that this is propaganda).

Besides, would it really be so bad if the ABC adopted a left-leaning stance as a matter of policy? The media is flooded with right-wing publications and broadcasters, albeit private ones. There needs to be an alternative viewpoint somewhere.

No the audience is clearly left, the subjects though are not what I mean by left though.

Q and A is a good show that I feel would benefit more with a Moderator that doesn't doesn't have such an agenda, but still willing to bring out the tough subjects(which Q&A is based around anyway).

Obviously on the Network channels you have left and right leaning shows that beat around the bush alot, and perceived neutral ones do it alot as well, which does nothing for either side, but this criticism of an audience is not exactly something you can control, It was more or less an observation which can limit the appeal.

Last edited:
We don't get that here. Most of their programming is people generally being terrible human beings because they're in a culture that worships bitchiness and celebrity coupled with the theatre of the self.

MacGyver (not the original, the 2016 remake)

A show about a top-secret CIA programme to hire young, beautiful people to stand around all day marvelling at a man (and his great hair) as he improvises solutions to problems using whatever is at hand despite the fact that they work with him every day.

He doesn't eat yoghurt, and there's no Bruce Campbell, but they do have the guy from CSI.

"Between", a Netflix show that I decided to try and it was ridiculous. A show that takes place in this isolated town that gets quarantined due to a virus that spreads and happens to kill anyone over the age 22. I tried it once and I don't think I want to watch it again.

Another entry for me: Powerpuff Girls (not the original, the 2016 remake). I should have mentioned it a lot earlier

Basically it was rebooted in order to justify selling the toys again. In an attempt to stand out from the original, the show consists of memes and half-assed references to the original show. The main characters are annoying and the both the animation and colour palette are ghastly. If you want to find out more look at the countless reviews by YouTubers.

The quality that cartoons held at the beginning of the decade is declining...

"Between", a Netflix show that I decided to try and it was ridiculous. A show that takes place in this isolated town that gets quarantined due to a virus that spreads and happens to kill anyone over the age 22. I tried it once and I don't think I want to watch it again.

That premise does sound ridiculous...like...how does the virus know that they are over 22, and and what point does it kill you...when you turn 22 or when you turn 23?

How do you make auction shows even worse? Give the participants a gimmick, which is the path the BBC's "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" has taken, because nothing says entertainment like a 40-something douchebag doing donuts in a BMW Z3.

SportsCenter

To me, SportsCenter is preposterously biased. They'll spend the entire hour analyzing Stephen Curry's performance in last night's matchup if they could. When something new comes up in the sports world, SC will spend lots of time on "expert analysis" on the happening. The Top 10 Plays and Not Top 10 Plays are hilariously cheesy and repetitive because they're usually the same results (one-handed catch in gridiron, buzzer-beater threes in basketball, diving catches in baseball, or successful penalty kicks in football), although they aren't staged like the Dude Perfect garbage.

Daytime TV really vomits up some gems. RTE's latest filler show "The Local Eye" follows local newspapers as they stuff their pages with the usual banal stuff, like Bridie from Bally-arse-end-of-nowhere celebrating her 90th birthday. The worst thing about it is the narrator, who speaks like a neighborhood busybody at her passive-aggressive worst when some kids are playing football in the park next door.

Star Wars Andor.
I am probably going to get some flack for this one, but I didn't like this show much at all and I found it to be extremely boring. It just had way too much walking and talking and not nearly enough action, or really anything to make me enjoy watching it and it all just went on WAY too long. Did it have some scenes I can honestly say that I liked? Yes, but not nearly enough to redeem the show for me and not enough to make watching the build-up leading to them worthwhile in my opinion. I get it's meant to be a different kind of Star Wars show, but this one just didn't vibe with me, if anything it serves more as an example of what I DON'T want to see from Disney instead. It lacked a lot of what made me like Star Wars and in some ways, it didn't even feel like Star Wars.

It probably doesn't help I was not a huge fan of Rogue One either and the only thing about Andor I actually remembered from it, was his name. Had it not been for Nerf making a tie-in blaster for the character that I happened to like, I would have forgotten him entirely. Though after being impressed with The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, I was hoping this one would surprise me and I wanted to like it, but it was honestly a struggle trying to finish watching the whole season. Unless season 2 makes dramatic changes, I can't say I am looking forward to it.

Is this the absolute worst show I ever watched? No, but it's easily the 2nd worst piece of Star Wars media I have seen. The Star Wars Holiday Special is the only thing I actually dislike more.

Last edited:
Back