What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?

Heartbeat

I have only seen the extended previews on Foxtel, but it appears to be about a recklessly aggressive surgeon that the writers have mistaken for a strong female lead character. There's no way that this woman would ever be allowed to practice medicine; if she did, she'd likely be charged with criminal negligence and reckless endangerment.

WWE Superstars

At the start it was rather well done, as it was during the Brand Split and this was the only show were you got to all 3 Brands weekly. It also had a lot of Star Power with the likes of Undertaker, but later on in the year it stuck with the mid-range talent which was fine, as it meant you didn't need to watch 2 programs for the good storylines. Then ECW went goodbye, dropping the brands to 2. Then the show only featured complete nobodies. Then the Brand Split ended ruining the only charm left of the show. Then they introduced WWE Main Event which is pretty much the same as Superstars and even fell down the same way as Superstars and now we have 2 pointless shows, where no stories develop and is filled with nobodies. Seriously, why do you need 2 Minor Shows? It's bad enough you're killing Smackdown thanks to the ending of the Brand Split.

Superstars even feels more developmental than WWEs developmental league WWE NXT.

Jericho, currently screening on ITV.

Set in the temporary town that was established during the building of the Ribblehead viaduct (you'll probably have seen the bridge in Harry Potter even if you've never been to Ribblehead) it follows the lifes, loves and improbable stories of what appear to be some of Britain's most terrible "character" actors. With a score born of the mid 1800s American West and not a note of genuine contemporaneous British folk music and with lines delivered as flatly and inflexibly as tarmac... it's a real turd.

Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry

Psychic who offers his services to the parents of children who committed suicide. The man's a parasite.

Yo-kai Watch:

and I thought Pokemon was all filled with complete filler. This is a Pokemon rip-off like Digimon though while shows like Digimon actually try to separate themselves from Pokemon by having doing things that Pokemon doesn't, Yo-kai is so barebone it is ridiculous and is only there to sell a game without trying to give any story insight (it even shows in-game graphics from time to time). I know Pokemon and Digimon as well as Yugioh are only there to sell merchandise too, but you can see that with the good episodes of the shows, there are some involved who want to use the concept to make an entertaining anime especially with Yugioh, sadly Yo-kai doesn't. The characters are so cliche and way too predictanle, the Main Character is an Ash Clone, his Ghost Buddy is an Astral Clone, the female character is like EVERY FEMALE SIDE CHARACTER, then you have the other 2, the big guy who is just a clone of other big characters and you have the other guy is at the moment so unimportant that I question his existence unless he does something in the games.

Also the idea that every personality, mental and physical issue is because of a Yo-kai controlling you feels a bit lazy and at times insulting.

and the theme song, I thought it was bad when Yugioh Arc-V did rap for their dub theme but Yo-kai's theme song is a nightmare.

I hope the games are far better than this.

It's the same with "Suits" - everyone is a complete and utter arse.
I could agree with that but the show itself works well, there has been a few filler moments and some things that make you ashamed of watching it(season 1 especially with the MF1) but this season has definitely stepped up a notch.

Last edited:
Anything on TLC. There isn't one show I can watch for more than 3 minutes. I can't believe people like this stuff. Everything is supposed to be a reallife documentary but everything is set. They try to fool you into believing it's real. And why? All these programms show people it's okay to bitch and moan about every little detail and think they are intitled to whatever their crazy minds make up.

If anything this network shoot be shown ar school, teaching kids how not to life, and how you shouldn't value life....

this season has definitely stepped up a notch
The problem is that now they're all corrupt and trying to save their own skins by whatever means necessary, but the prosecutor trying to charge them is made out to be a bigger villain than they are because she's unrelenting.

Yo-kai Watch:

and I thought Pokemon was all filled with complete filler. This is a Pokemon rip-off like Digimon though while shows like Digimon actually try to separate themselves from Pokemon by having doing things that Pokemon doesn't, Yo-kai is so barebone it is ridiculous and is only there to sell a game without trying to give any story insight (it even shows in-game graphics from time to time). I know Pokemon and Digimon as well as Yugioh are only there to sell merchandise too, but you can see that with the good episodes of the shows, there are some involved who want to use the concept to make an entertaining anime especially with Yugioh, sadly Yo-kai doesn't. The characters are so cliche and way too predictanle, the Main Character is an Ash Clone, his Ghost Buddy is an Astral Clone, the female character is like EVERY FEMALE SIDE CHARACTER, then you have the other 2, the big guy who is just a clone of other big characters and you have the other guy is at the moment so unimportant that I question his existence unless he does something in the games.

Also the idea that every personality, mental and physical issue is because of a Yo-kai controlling you feels a bit lazy and at times insulting.

and the theme song, I thought it was bad when Yugioh Arc-V did rap for their dub theme but Yo-kai's theme song is a nightmare.

I hope the games are far better than this.
I thought the backstory almost dark and quite deeper than i expected. Not that good but not remarkably bad either, atleast compared to those Beyblade series to no end. The cat are kinda cute, i suppose.

The problem is that now they're all corrupt and trying to save their own skins by whatever means necessary, but the prosecutor trying to charge them is made out to be a bigger villain than they are because she's unrelenting.
Yes that's the Anti-hero concept in action.

The main thing Suits tries to unravel is regardless of the situation either side is willing to break rules to win their case, generally the main cast has always been on the moral side of what ever the case is about even when they are up against the Government and I guess that was a build up to this one where the complexity makes you question either side.

Yes that's the Anti-hero concept in action.
An anti-hero a character who does not have any obvious heroic traits, but is nevertheless cast in an heroic role where those latent traits start to emerge. Nobody in "Suits" has that.

I thought the backstory almost dark and quite deeper than i expected. Not that good but not remarkably bad either, atleast compared to those Beyblade series to no end. The cat are kinda cute, i suppose.
True though I find the Beyblade series so bad that it is hilarious to watch.

Ellen's Design Challenge

Contestants design furniture for Ellen DeGeneres (and, I guess, Portia diRossi), who then picks her favourite and takes it home. There's no apparent winners except for Ellen and Portia.

Ellen's Design Challenge

Contestants design furniture for Ellen DeGeneres (and, I guess, Portia diRossi), who then picks her favourite and takes it home. There's no apparent winners except for Ellen and Portia.

:lol: That passes as television, dear lord!

There's no such thing as bad publicity. If the contestants do a good job, whether they've won or not, they get their work featured on television, which can lead to contracts off screen.

I'd have to see numbers, though, and testimony from the designers who've been featured.

Pokemon The Series: Black & White

I feel like at the beginning it was meant to relate to how the games, Black & White pretty much started all over again with no old pokemon during normal gameplay and more emphasis on story. Though it doesn't work well with a VERY long running weekly tv series, since Ash has somehow got more stupid after Diamond & Pearl and got his *** kicked by a beginning trainers Snivy, who beat Pikachu (the Pokemon that once tied with a 🤬 Legendary). The new main characters were disappointments. The female character of the series is now Iris who is a Misty clone with the exception that she likes Dragon types, though I don't mind her much as I like the banter between her and Ash and unlike Misty, she has a relatively decent Backstory. Cilan is cringeworthy, I really don't get why they needed to get rid of Brock for someone who only makes food-puns and does everything else Brock does.

The Team Rocket Trio completely changed so much that they became unrecognizable. They completely dropped their humour and became a massive serious unit, which can be very hard to watch especially with their roles in the previous series. If they wanted an evil serious trio, I really don't get why they didn't bring back Cassidy and Butch, Jessie and James rivals. :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::grumpy:

I could forgive all of that, if they actually went ahead with their original story. There was meant to be this really serious and dark story involving Team Rocket, Team Plasma and Ash & Friends in a Triple Threat rivalry, however due to the Japanese Earthquakes, the 2 episodes which was meant to heighten the plot were postponed, but eventually unaired, cancelled and taken off of continuity. The original plot was scrapped and all we had was complete filler until a new plot with Meloetta and Team Rocket kicked in about 50+ episodes later, which felt forced, pointless and felt like cheap change for what was originally promised, then Team Plasma finally showed up, though there was no backstory to be enjoyed as it was skimmed over, and Team Plasma was its B2/W2 version and not its B/W version which weren't that deep in comparison. :boggled::yuck:

The original plot had so much potential showcasing true trust in Pokemon and a showdown between N and Ash would've been fantastic but this was all scrap :(.

The problem with Pokemon is it's a story that is far to kiddy for the audience that would be interested to like it, they should of went to a more mature audience level from the start.

There is more then enough dialogue to make a it proper Detailed show but it's ruined by the typical circle of command that each episode runs by so it will only appeal to those that are 12 or under.

Garbage time on fox sports. I couldn't even watch 5 minutes of it. A bunch of corny jokes by this chick name Katie something.... Forgot her last name.... But anyway she suppose to be reporting on what's going on with sports and stuff i guess and the whole time she just making up corny jokes and then you got the audience laughing at every joke even though it's not funny at all. It's just dumb. Yea that's a good name for that show. Because it is garbage at the end of the day.

The problem with Pokemon is it's a story that is far to kiddy for the audience that would be interested to like it, they should of went to a more mature audience level from the start.

There is more then enough dialogue to make a it proper Detailed show but it's ruined by the typical circle of command that each episode runs by so it will only appeal to those that are 12 or under.
The thing was each Pokemon saga has or had a plan for something different.

Kanto - Johto: Was mainly about ordinary kids TV show stuff, which I didn't mind as I can see its appeal and I like it myself.

Hoenn: Focused more on feuds with characters other than Ash. With May being introduced and actually having progress in her goals and Team Rocket actually having rivals.

Sinnoh: Focused on actual character personalities on both on the MC and their Pokemon, especially with Ash's Chimchar. This saga had the most filler to showcase the characters.

Unova: Was originally going to have a more serious and mature plot but was dropped due to what I already mentioned.

Kalos: Still going on but it is a combination of both Sinnoh and what Unova was meant to be.

I don't think it's the worst I've seen, but ABC's new "comedy", The Real O'Neals, seemed real disappointing. I was expecting Modern Family-ish humor, but the show failed to deliver. I just think that The Real O'Neals is trying way too hard to be funny, and all of the LGBT jokes, snark comments, and things of that nature didn't even make me chuckle. The show is pushing the limits, I feel.

The Vampire Diaries

A series powered by pure teenage angst and atrocious acting.

The lead female character (Nina Dobrev) is pretty hot though :drool:

I don't really watch much TV, but my wife used to like watching the Bachelor... Most ridiculous piece of trash out there. Well maybe next to Honey Boo Boo lol

Little Women: LA

Think every single "reality" show and all of the bitchiness and catfighting you could expect, but where all the protagonists have dwarfism, do it's exploitative.

No Game, No Life

TL;DR, A huge lack of Character Development and nothing really happening ruined it for me.

Anime fans are now going to put their pitchforks at me.
When I watched it for the first time, I liked it. I felt like it was my type of Anime. However when I took my "solving issues through games" glasses off, everything else just falls apart that I would only re-watch the show just to watch the games.

My biggest issue was Character Development issues, the writers seriously must hate Character Development. The 2 main characters don't develop in the slightest and when they show signs of change it immediately goes back. As for the characters themselves, the guy is the most annoying character I seen, he is a copy-paste Hardcore Gamer Stereotype which is more easier to figure out when he is the only Male in the main cast (it is one of those shows). The female main character is much better and I'll admit I had interest in her at the beginning but that died way to fast when she wasn't developed further.

The side characters I had much more interest in as they actually developed as characters, especially Steph who quickly became one of my favourites but they literally put all the developing characters in the back burner and only exist later on for stupid comedic jokes and when they actually accomplish something, it seems like they did nothing and it was only because of the Main Characters.

Another issue I have is that the games themselves are relatively pointless in the end. No matter how tight the game gets, no matter if the 2 main characters had assistance. It was all for naught as the "The game was already over" before the game even begins. It literally kills any future enjoyment of what happens. Especially since they keeping true with the idea that the Main Characters never lose (unless it is against each other. It totally ruins everything and I end up hoping they lose in the final game in the series which never came :(.

What I felt really annoying was one of the episodes where the Male had to fight against a rival with the cost of everyone's memories of the guy being erased in the previous episode. We ended up following the female character only as she lost her memories and was going through a mental craze about it. I was excited, 🤬 was about to happen to spice up the plot as I thought the guy actually lost his match (since you never saw the match since) however then they pulled the biggest 🤬 and apparently "the game was still going on: and the guy was able to win after the girl was able to remember him and help him. I'm sorry but what the 🤬 was that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thirteen (BBC)

Terrible. A 26-year-old escapes after 13 years of captivity only to be treated like a criminal by the police. Tonight's final episode where a police helicopter was looking for the captor's parked car (amongst other nonsensical madness) was an utter utter turd.

Back