What is your Favourite Radio Station?

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 211 comments
Channel X, which I believe most of the bands there are all based off of one band (in terms of inspiration). I love Amoeba whenever it comes on. (this is Radio X from San Andreas).

Los Santos Rock Radio - love Gerry Rafferty and The Cult, a shame they couldn't get some America on there. Makes sense why I like it since I loved K-DST in San Andreas.

WCTR isn't as good as it was from San Andreas so I am definitely missing that.

Also miss The Journey Station from Liberty City.

Channel X, which I believe most of the bands there are all based off of one band (in terms of inspiration).
Keith Morris (the Channel X presenter) fronted Black Flag and Circle Jerks, and currently OFF!. So not exactly "based off if I've band", but close enough I guess! I enjoy the stories he had to tell between songs!

I'd like it if WCTR had more shows, and more than one episode of each show. I was pretty much fed up with that station within a week of buying this game.

DK
I'd like it if WCTR had more shows, and more than one episode of each show. I was pretty much fed up with that station within a week of buying this game.

Who knows, maybe Rockstar will add more content to the radio stations (and maybe TV stations) via DLC. ;)

TBH, I would rather have my own music but since that isn't possible. Anyways I used to do non stop pop, then I went to soulwax then I went to Vinewood. Moon Duo's Sleepwalker. Music video is a bit creepy but the song is good.

Keith Morris (the Channel X presenter) fronted Black Flag and Circle Jerks, and currently OFF!. So not exactly "based off if I've band", but close enough I guess! I enjoy the stories he had to tell between songs!

Yeah, the whole Channel X line up is made of mostly bespoke bands with no connections other than being from LA. But I mean, it's punk, so you end up having members who were in multiple bands, and of course Keith Morris. But Morris had been out of Flag for like 6 years before My War came out. That is all Rollins. The circle of influence with these bands is more locale and genre specific.

I listen to different radio stations when it comes to each character.

Franklin:

West Coast Classics.
Radio Los Santos.

Micheal:

WCTR.
World Wide FM.
Los Santos Rock Radio.

Trevor:
Rebel Radio.
Channel X.
Blaine County Radio.

When online, I usually listen to Radio Los Santos and Los Santos Rock Radio.

Would also listen to Non-stop Pop FM everytime I see Pet Shop Boys playing West End Girls, because I play that song while I'm racing in GT5.

When i'm driving my custom Tornado, i keep it on The Lowdown. Love when Smokey Robinson or War comes on. My Ruiner is always tuned to Space, Bootsy does the rest (the DJ on space).

When i'm driving my custom Tornado, i keep it on The Lowdown. Love when Smokey Robinson or War comes on. My Ruiner is always tuned to Space, Bootsy does the rest (the DJ on space).
Cool so I'm not the only one with a Tornado.. Nice cars.

redbullrider20
Cool so I'm not the only one with a Tornado.. Nice cars.

I guess not, i love that car! I have two, a Chevy Bel Air look-a-like and a "Christine" look-a-like ('58 red Plymouth Fury).

There's not one station I really like. The 2 I've been listening to the most are West Coast Classics and Non Stop Pop.
The last few days I'm listening to this while playing GTA V:

and this:

and this:

and this:

:sly:

Los Santos Rock Radio, Nonstop Pop FM, Space 103.2, and Rebel Radio are my favs.
My least favs are East Los FM, Soulwax FM (especially Mingi), and Radio Los Santos.

Radio Los Santos seems like Radio Los Squeaker for me.

Vinewood Boulevard Radio and Radio Mirror Park (especially Sleepwalking) are my favourites. That said, if Radio Ga Ga is on LSRR, then I immediately switch to that. :lol:

During the last couple of days, I've begun listening much more to Worldwide FM. Though I still think SPACE remains my favorite.

FlyLo FM for me.

I hope R* adds more songs with updates. I'd love some Frank Ocean, Disclosure and Flume on there.

According to GTAWiki, Love in Motion by SebastiAn was cut from FlyLo FM. :banghead: That would've made that station for me! Funny how it's the only song cut from FlyLo FM.

Is it weird that I actually think Mingi is awesome for driving? :scared:

I must say, I'm generally not impressed with the radiostation in GTA 5, but i do like The Lowdown for two reasons
1) the Music is funky
2) Pam "Mamma" Griers voice was ment for radio... Sexy :-)

Fusion FM
West Coast Classics
Liberty Rock Radio
Los Santos Rock Radio
East Los FM
Radio X (Not Channel X, Channel X sucks.)

Los Santos Rock Radio is my go-to station, although most of the songs on their station aren't even rock (more dominated by pop). Nothing beats listening to some Def Leppard while blazing down the freeway.

Vinewood Boulevard Radio has been coming very close to my favorite station more recently. Hysteria by Ceremony is my favorite tune on that station. I like the 'hard' beats that the songs have, and the radio hosts are the best of all the stations.

Otherwise, it's Channel X, Radio Mirror Park, or when nothing good is on any of those stations, Soulwax FM.

I don't really like any of the stations in the game. The talk shows are pretty funny but for music it's usually Radio Mirror Park, Vinewood Boulevard Radio or LS Rock Radio, sometimes Rebel radio for me. More often than not I listen to some sort of external music source spliced in via DIY mixer/headphone amp :)

I think I've said it before, there's not enough talk shows. In GTA SA the shows were updated as you progressed in story, and in GTA IV each of the shows had multiple episodes.

I'm really grateful for Worldwide FM because it introduced me to Django Django and The Hics. I looked up Django Django months ago, but I searched The Hics on YouTube the other day and fell in love with their music. I have "All We'll Know" stuck in my head now. :D

Back