What is your Favourite Radio Station?

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 211 comments
I miss the way the talk radio stations' programmes changed as you progressed through GTA SA. WCTR and BCR kinda lose their sheen after you hear the same show 10 times.

I also thought the music was pretty weak. Sure you have a lot of stations but most of them are playing an artist I've never heard of. The classic rock station and pop station are ok but not enough songs, I've got that Amerie song stuck in my head now I've heard it so many times.

Really missing a modern rock station and a bigger playlist for the other stations.

I am pretty sure I am with you on that. In fact I think that's one of the reasons I shut the in game radio off a long time ago.

Yup when I got the game all music went immediately off.

I do think R* must struggle to license modern, new artists and songs for GTA for the obvious reason that many artists and labels won't want their songs associated with GTA.

I don't know about the other stations but the classic rock station and pop station both predominately feature old songs.

Corona - The Rhythm of the Night (1993)
Modjo - Lady (Hear Me Tonight) (2000)
Britney Spears - Gimme More (2007)
Rihanna - Only Girl (in the World) (2010)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You (1998)
Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall in Love (1990)
Robyn ft. Kleerup - With Every Heartbeat (2007)
Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons remix) (2008)
Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls (1986)
All Saints - Pure Shores (2000)
Mis-Teeq - Scandalous (2003)
Amerie - 1 Thing (2005)
Fergie ft. Ludacris - Glamorous (2007)
Hall and Oates - Adult Education (1983)
N-Joi - Anthem (1990)
Wham! - Everything She Wants (1984)

Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (1968)
Queen - Radio Ga Ga (1984)
Foreigner - Dirty White Boy (1979)
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (1978)
The Cult - Rain (1985)
Steve Miller Band - Rock'N Me (1976)
The Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (1977)
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting (1973)
Greg Kihn Band - The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em) (1981)
Simple Minds - All the Things She Said (1985)
Julian Lennon - Too Late for Goodbyes (1984)
The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes (1978)
Billy Squier - Lonely Is the Night (1981)
Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Hollywood Nights (1978)
Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves (1976)
Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore (1982)
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now (1976)
Def Leppard - Photograph (1983)
Steve Winwood - Higher Love (1986)
Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait (1985)
Don Johnson - Heartbeat (1986)
Robert Plant - Big Log (1983)
Kenny Loggins - I'm Free (Heaven Help The Man) (1984)

Very little modern music, nothing from the last three years in the case of the pop station and despite not being titled a classic rock station that's exactly what it is.

Fly Lo radio for me.I was shocked when I heard they had a few of his songs but when I saw he had his own radio station I was like :embarrassed: lol too bad they mainly play snippets.

Lost Santros Rock Radio is the first rock station in a GTA game since Vice City where I loved every song in the rotation (well... maybe not Julian Lennon's song, but otherwise yeah), so that almost exclusively.

I enjoy Space FM, purely for Eddie Murphy-Party all the time.

It's been in my head for a couple of days now.

Same goes for Photograph by Def Leppard.

I generally only listen to Soulwax FM, or Los Santos Rock Radio. I sometimes listen to Radio Mirror Park if they have Sleepwalking playing. I remember hearing that for the first time about a week before GTA was released on the radio and Lazlow was being interviewed too, and at first I thought it was an awful choice for the official GTA song, but now I can't get enough of it.

When me is using Trevor: Non stop pop :D (Hearing Rihanna or Pet shop boys while being this wierd lunatic is kind of funny).
Radio Los Santos when Franklin.
The Station which is on when I´m Michael.
When do you get the 4th character ??or is this a ce/se only feature ?? (41% atm)

When me is using Trevor: Non stop pop :D (Hearing Rihanna or Pet shop boys while being this wierd lunatic is kind of funny).
Radio Los Santos when Franklin.
The Station which is on when I´m Michael.
When do you get the 4th character ??or is this a ce/se only feature ?? (41% atm)

Fourth character is your GTA Online character.

I actually really like west coast classics at the moment. It's nice to listen to music which I wouldn't usually listen to.

Favourites are FlyLo FM, Non Stop Pop, West Coast Classics, Radio Los Santos, Worldwide FM, and recently Soulwax FM and Space FM (with old American 80's Motown/Soul).

FlyLo, Soulwax and sometimes Rebel Radio (Johnny Cash is great, but that other bloody song, Convoy... I woke up with the chorus stuck in my head this morning and it's taking a lot of effort to not murder myself) and the one with California Soul on it. That track really suits the game when you're just driving/riding around.

FlyLo, Soulwax and sometimes Rebel Radio (Johnny Cash is great, but that other bloody song, Convoy... I woke up with the chorus stuck in my head this morning and it's taking a lot of effort to not murder myself) and the one with California Soul on it. That track really suits the game when you're just driving/riding around.

Well, we laid a strip for the Jersey shore
And prepared to cross the line
I could see the bridge was lined with bears
But I didn't have a dog-goned dime.
I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck.
We just ain't a-gonna pay no toll."
So we crashed the gate doing ninety-eight
I says "Let them truckers roll, 10-4."

Rebel Radio, Soulwax (because Belgians), Rock Radio and non-stop pop.
The stations need more songs though.
It gets repetitive quickly, so I change to random channels once in a while as well.

Rebel Radio is my main favorite, but when I'm up north I'll listen to Blaine County Radio if Bless Your Heart is on.

The Lowdown 91.1 has really grown on me, along with Worldwide FM. Nothing will beat Soulwax FM and East Los FM, though. <3 Not when East Los has 'La Granja' (I really don't need to hear El Sondito, as I hear it every dang day outside of my house. >.>)

I find myself listening to West Coast Talk Radio quite a bit of the time. Chakra Attack is quite amusing, and i'm fairly sure it's done by the same guy who plays Leon, in Curb your enthusiasm.

Non-stop-Pop, it fits perfectly for my character. I think both GTA SA and GTA IV had better soundtrack though.

I find the comments made between songs in East Los FM very funny but I can't stand their music taste.

Non-stop-pop and rock radio are the for me.

Me being an alternative rock kind of person, Channel X is what I end up with usually...

Los Santos Rock Radio for me, Love it when Def Leppard - photograph comes on. :D

Back