What platform do you intend to play FH5 on?

Which platform do you plan to play FH5 on?

• Xbox One (Including S)

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • PC

Votes: 60 51.7%

• Total voters
I'm planning on playing on PC, but if I can I'll try to get a Series console later in the year for it.

Xbox One & PC.
One of the reasons is that the Xbox Series X is expensive, but more importantly, it is difficult to obtain because of resellers.
Unless there is a steady supply of Series X, I will be playing this game on my Xbox One.

Well, this is fine for the time being, since it looks like I won't be playing a completely different game on the current and all generations of consoles, like FH2.

Series X's are as rare to buy over here as 30xx series GPUs so it looks like I'm stuck with my ancient 1070 card on PC.

Last edited:
I'll be on PC, as will my son. We play with another father and son, who are Xbox One and PC users respectively. Hope it all works together!

Just got a Series X yesterday, but Might still play on PC mostly due to Higher then 60FPS and easier recording with NVidia Shadowplay.

Which Platform...?

9 and 3/4

harry potter GIF by HBO

(More seriously, I will probably be on Series S by then)

I just went back into FH4 and found that its bootup optimisation process turned some of my settings down. Whacking them up to maximum again had a marked beneficial effect on the image quality (especially increasing MSAA from 2x back up to 8x) without impacting the frame rate since I game at 4k30fps. I don't think handling FH5 is going to be a problem. 🙂

For anything other than 4k though Series S seems to be great value for money and a no-brainer for budget Forza gaming.

Last edited:
I'm getting a Series X in September - stock willing. Couldn't bare to be stuck playing it with a launch weekend XBO. Would've looked so pared back in relation to the trailer.

VXR
I'm getting a Series X in September - stock willing. Couldn't bare to be stuck playing it with a launch weekend XBO. Would've looked so pared back in relation to the trailer.
Ditto. I've learned my lesson with FH2 and how poorly optimized the 360 version was.

Will be playing it on PC for the time being until I can switch out my old, busted Xbox One for an Xbox Series X.

Series X and PC. I need to get the former before anything else, and with the GPU situation I don't see it (PC) being my primary this time around.

Last edited:
PC as with FH4 and FH3, buying from Steam this time. I wonder if an upgrade to a GPU is needed. If my 980Ti and 970 did well with ultra/high settings in FH4, hopefully this carries on to FH5.

[...]the Xbox Series X is expensive, but more importantly, it is difficult to obtain because of resellers[...]
Yeah, I was lucky to get my GTX1060 when I did. It only cost me one month of my wage, now it's going for almost double because it's being used a lot by bitcoin miners. Miners and resellers are the worst for us gamers.

It runs Horizon 4 great. Max settings, 1080p (my monitor's max resolution), used to be at, like 70fps, now it's running at 60 almost perfectly, don't know why the drop in performance though. It's still great, but worries me a bit. Did the game get heavier, or is there something wrong with my PC? Maybe it's me running my desktop at 4k with GPU-scaling for when I want 4k screenshots of the game (so I just switch in-game for the photos. Desktop has to be the same since MS Store games don't have true fullscreen)?
Series X's are as rare to buy over here as 30xx series GPUs so it looks like I'm stuck with my ancient 1070 card on PC.
Thanks for making me feel good about my brand new, used 1060.

This game certainly promises to be a system seller.

It'd even be a GPU seller if there were any modern cards around at reasonable prices.

Back