What was your favorite cartoon and series as a kid?

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 267 comments
Born in 82 and I was living in the Philippines back then. The late 80's and early 90's were good times.

Cartoons

Transformers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Thunder Sub
Voltron
The Centurions
Ghostbusters
X-Men

TV shows

Knight Rider
The A-Team
Sesame Street
Perfect Strangers
Alf
Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

I was born in 98' but grew up watching alot of 80s shows that my older sisters used to watch like:

Duck tales
The legend of Zelda
Thomas and friends
Super Mario brothers super show
Voltron

Anyone watch Grape Ape? That was great when I was very young. There was also one with a Kung-Fu dog who was a detective that I really liked, but I can't remember the name of that one.

There were two above everything at the good days of my childhood and I still occasionally watch them:

DuckTales and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Kappa Mikey
CatDog
Rocket Power

Those were the days, back when cartoons were good.

Teamo Supremo has had an odd influence on my life...huh... :dunce:

Arthur, Ed, Edd, n Eddy...meh, I've basically grown up on TVLand reruns of The-A-Team :lol:

Let's hop into our Wayback Machine shall we and take a visit to another place and time in history?
I'm referring to the great '60s and the various offerings to be had on Saturday mornings.
As you may know, there were only 3 channels back then, 4 if you count PBS and could get it. So it was ABC, CBS and NBC.
If you're old enough to have caught the opening sentence's hint, then you'll know that one of the shows I'm going to refer to is "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show". Within that main show was a couple of smaller side bits, one of which was called "Peabodys Improbable History". The wayback machine was a sort of boxy gizmo in the corner that once dialed in, would transport Peabody and his pet boy Sherman to a place and time in history. Very cool to a 5 yr old in the 60's.
Here's a few more to add to my list from my aging memory banks:

Thunderbirds(Are GO!)
Speed Buggy
Mighty Mouse
Motor Mouse
Underdog
Sesame Street(Grover is still my hero)
Electric Company
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Oh yes, how can I forget "Tennessee Tuxedo".
E cookie to who can guess his sidekicks name without looking it up in wiki or anywhere else.
Of course there's all the great old WB cartoons too, too numerous to attempt to post right now.

Growing up in the 80s, we definitely get the best entertainment of all times !!!

Past, Present and Future...
The 80's were the golden era of kids TV shows !!

Among all the cited tv shows above, which i have seen as well...

i am surprised no one said: Jayce and the Wheeled Warrior !

Jayce_logo.jpg

saw+boss+front34+3.jpg

i had to watch the french version : One of the Best Kids TV show music EVER:

Ulysse 31 !!
and of course my little pony !

French-American-Japanese where competing to produce the best kids tv shows...

this one too :P

Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs_DVD_cover.jpg

Last edited:
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd N Eddy (I still watch Ed, Edd N Eddy)
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Spongebob Squarepants
Jackie Chan Adventures
Butt Ugly Martians
Powerpuff Girls
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

And since I'm technically a kid

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I did watch Pokemon, and Digimon, they were good, but not really. Yugioh and all those card game shows that I think were all spin offs, don't know can't remember. I never really liked them at all because my brother and sister always forced me to face them with the card things, and I just got extremely bored. I'm not serious enough for them, that's why I mainly watch silly cartoons, because cartoons are meant to be fun. Anime or things like anime aren't really all that fun to watch.

Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd N Eddy (I still watch Ed, Edd N Eddy)
Courage the Cowardly Dog

Spongebob Squarepants
Jackie Chan Adventures
Butt Ugly Martians
Powerpuff Girls

Anything on Cartoon Network was pretty awesome. Then it declined a few years ago and most of the stuff they show is pretty garbage.

As a kid... Hmm...

Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, and Dexter's Laboratory, later Spongebob Squarepants, Angry Beavers, and Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

90s cartoons. The best era of anything, ever (and don't you deny it!)

Now...

Rugrats (still), Adventure Time (best television show ever), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Are we counting anime? Anyway, second best television show ever), and I just got introduced to this little thing called The Powerpuff Girls which if it remains as good as what I've seen so far will easily be competing with the two that come before it...

When I was younger I watched Full House, Courage the Cowardly Dog (really young) and Spongebob a lot.

Other shows I watched but not as much were that one show with the cat and dog mix (Catdog?), Hey Arnold, Winnie the Pooh (really young), and that's really all I can remember for now.

I loved Batman/Superman The Animated Series! I remember being a big fan of Beast Wars while it lasted and for some reason Sailor Moon always had me glued to the TV lol. Doug, Arthur, Rupert, X-Men, Gargoyles, and Dexter's Laboratory were watched quite a bit.

The general report seems to be that every single person who saw Sailor Moon was glued to the screen by it. Not sure whether I should be happy or sad that I missed out on that.

The general report seems to be that every single person who saw Sailor Moon was glued to the screen by it. Not sure whether I should be happy or sad that I missed out on that.
It was just so freaking dramatic! Every episode was a cliff hanger so you wanted to see the next to find out what happens.

My favourite cartoons when I was young:

Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
Johnny Bravo
Scooby Doo
Tom & Jerry
Codename: Kids Next Door
Courage the Cowardly Dog
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Dexter's Laboratory
Loony Toons
Flintstones