What was your first car in GT4?

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 671 comments
It's weird how you always remember the first car of every GT game.
GT1 - Skyline R32 RWD (can't remember exact model)
GT2 - Lancer Evo II
GT3 - Chrysler PT Cruiser (it was cool back then)
GT4 - RX-7 FC (loved the sound of that)
GT5P - Mazda RX-8
GT5 - BMW 318is '88 (i can dream can't I?)

Dude I totally had the best ones.

GT1 - Mitsubishi GTO RWD (SR?) - Light purple-y blue
GT2 - Mazda RX-7 FC3S GT-X - Red
GT3 - Mazda MX-5 - Green
GT4 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II - Silver
GT5 - Honda Integra Type-R - Blue

Wut.

Mine was a R34 Skyline V-Spec. I threw different tires on it and ripped through the first part of the game. (Overkill, I know....)

I bought a skyline GT-S, it was a good car and had a good performance advantage over everything else in the Sunday cup, it was a good choice...or at least it was then.

5 years on, I wish I picked something a bit less generic with a bit less performance. I have learned my lesson, just because you win does not make it a good win.

In GT5 I am hoping to get the chance to atone for my sins, hopefully there will be a modest, quirky car I can by and have more fun just edging ahead of my opponents in their faster cars. :P

I cant remember back far enough to think what i first got in GT1, but I think I got an FC RX-7 in GT2. As for GT3, I got the NA Miata, in red. GT4 allowed me to transfer credits over so that I could get a a dark blue BMW M3. In GT5:P, i started with the nicely balanced MkV GTI.

My first car in GT3 was a Miata, in GT4 it was a R32 RWD (GTS I think), didnt hang on to it for very long until I upgraded to an R32 GT-R, I remembered it handled well though.

With the help off the GT3 data transfer, my first GT4 car has been the Mazda RX7 Spirit. In black, with black wheels. On my third start of GT4 at the moment, but still always got the same car. It's beautiful, tuneable, and handles like I like. I'd buy one tomorrow if I could afford the car, the insurance, the petrol, the maintenance. etc.
Gotta love Gran Turismo.

With the help of GT3, I bought the HPA Motorsports Stage II R32.
It was a great car to start.

I transfered 100,000 Cr from my GT3 save to buy a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO. VIII GSR MR...It was an AMAZING car to start with and i ended up tuning it into a 500+ HP, full-Downforce Rally Car-beater!

I'd much rather start with a weak car and force myself to learn to drive it well, then get better cars later on. I get far more fun out of the game that way.

First car I got here was a green Mazda 323F, which handles really badly, far worse than most other FWD cars. It's one of those really bad FWD's that seems to exaggerate all the worst handling characteristics known to FWD's. For example, it understeers worse than almost any other car, and is frustratingly sluggish to accellerate out of corners. Good car to learn in, then!

Then upgraded to marginally better handling FWD cars and Kei cars! Although of course i much prefer driving fast sports cars (Supras and NSX's have always been my favourites - they just seem best suited to my driving), I really enjoy wrestling with difficult FWD cars early in any GT game.

I'll stop short of pretending it's made me an amazing driver however..

I'd much rather start with a weak car and force myself to learn to drive it well, then get better cars later on. I get far more fun out of the game that way.

First car I got here was a green Mazda 323F, which handles really badly, far worse than most other FWD cars. It's one of those really bad FWD's that seems to exaggerate all the worst handling characteristics known to FWD's. For example, it understeers worse than almost any other car, and is frustratingly sluggish to accellerate out of corners. Good car to learn in, then!

Then upgraded to marginally better handling FWD cars and Kei cars! Although of course i much prefer driving fast sports cars (Supras and NSX's have always been my favourites - they just seem best suited to my driving), I really enjoy wrestling with difficult FWD cars early in any GT game.

I'll stop short of pretending it's made me an amazing driver however..

Well, i've played every GT that came out in the Americas up 'till when GT4came out, so i was kind of a little impatient at the beginning of my first GT4 career file...I ended up starting a second file with a '86 Toyota Celica as my first car!

Well, i've played every GT that came out in the Americas up 'till when GT4came out, so i was kind of a little impatient at the beginning of my first GT4 career file...I ended up starting a second file with a '86 Toyota Celica as my first car!

GT-Four?

Surely one of the most well-behaved cars in the game (if a little lacking in oomph and excitement compared to more recent 4WD beasts). It's virtually impossible to crash!

A Lancer Evolution GSR '92, but strangely enough, even though it was tuned to 419 HP (takes quite a while all from the beginning, no money!) and had most drivetrain mods, and weight reduced to 1175 kg, it was still impossible to get under 5 sec. from 0-60, and over 150 mph at the top, and generally it felt like something was terribly wrong, and it felt not like 400+ HP for so little weight. So that was a big disappointment. So big, that i erased my save file, and started a new game all over again. This time with a Civic SiR-II with 170 stock HP, tuned it to 237 HP, won the Civic Race, and there my game really begun. So my advice is, by a small, cheap and light car from the beginning, instead of buying expensive cars, that cost a bundle in mods.

On my first file i bought a used skyline gts. On my second file i got a mazda rx-7 bathurst. On my third file, the first car i drove was the acura dn-x(which pwns the bmw m5).

Back