What was your first car in GT4?

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 671 comments
First time around I bought a 1979 civic cx. (the orange one.) I thought of this game as being unfair at first since I had a stock 79 civic versus a 206 and some others. After winning that autobianchi a few times, I bought a Skyline GT-R R32. (I didnt transfer the credits or the B and A licenses.)

I started the gsme by getting bronze in the National B licence and winning the VW Lupo 1.4. I drove it a couple of times in the FF Challenge and got hosed, so i sold it. I didn't know there was a Lupo race until i read this thread!

I used the proceeds of the sale plus the 10K start money to buy a '79 Nissan Bluebird for about 4.5K and i then spent another 8.5K on modifying the Bluebird. I chose that car because I am a Nissan fan and it is similar to the car that i learn't to drive in in real life.

I also thought that, dollar for dollar, a modified early model car would be faster than a standard late model car.

I have over 250 cars now and still havent driven an Australian car yet :(. (except the FPV GT briefly in licence)

Buy the GT, it's fun to drive and faster than i expected.

My first car was a black. 93' Civic hatchback.

A friend of mine races a black 93' EG Civic SiR hatchback in real life. He emailed me the specs and i have built an exact copy of it in GT4.

i'm sure i did what most people do...
Look for the car you have in your driveway.
in my case... I started with a Focus RS.
(since the game only has Euro Spec foci)

In Real Life my daily driver is a BA Falcon 4.0. The closest thing to it in GT4 is the F6, but I bought a GT instead because i love V8s.

I started out racing with the Subaru Legacy B4 RSK.

My brother in law started out with the same car, on my recommendation. He's glad he took my advice.

I transferred the credit from GT3 and bought an STi6 RA in pure virgin white...
It did the AWD championship and Clubman cups numerous times to build up money for mods/new cars. I eventually maxed it out and ran it in all eligible racesin the beginner and amateur leagues. Then I found a 22B in the used car lot... need I say more?

Torana XU-1: Please do not double post, use the edit button on the bottom of your posts or include everything you want to say in one post. I'm gonna go check to see what my first car was in a sec...

My first car was a Mazda RX-7 (FD,J) and with everything on it the HP was 530HP, it was one hell of a first car but a little unstable at really high speeds :)

Torana XU-1: Please do not double post, use the edit button on the bottom of your posts or include everything you want to say in one post. I'm gonna go check to see what my first car was in a sec...

I didn't double post. Each post is different and related to a differnet point.

Just use that green "+" sign (Multi-Quote this message) and use only one post to reply to everyone's posts. ;)

Why? If you wanted to reply to several people on several different points, why put it all in one statement? You wouldn't do that in a real conversation.

Thanks for the tip on the green + sign, i never even noticed that, let alone knew what it was for. I'll use that in future, when i want to reply to several statements on the same point. :)

Why? If you wanted to reply to several people on several different points, why put it all in one statement? You wouldn't do that in a real conversation.

Thanks for the tip on the green + sign, i never even noticed that, let alone knew what it was for. I'll use that in future, when i want to reply to several statements on the same point. :)

Dude WTF you where just told not to double post :dunce: Its considered spamming!

Dude WTF you where just told not to double post :dunce: Its considered spamming!

No it isn't! Spamming is putting posts all over the place that aren't relevant to the topic, eg. generic advertising. A double post is when you accidentally put up the same post twice, often due to a system problem.

My point remains, I made several posts because i have not read this thread before and i read the entire thing in one sitting. In doing so i read several posts that i wished to reply to. I replied to them separately because they were separate points.

That said, it probably would have been apropriate to try the green + sign for the last two posts as they both relate to the same point.

Guys please back on topic. No need for this kind of stuff.

My first car was a Red '92-95(cant remember the year exactly) Honda Prelude VTEC. I bought from the used car lot for about 7-9k I think. That car was awesome. Won me alot of races. Still have too. :)

I didn't double post. Each post is different and related to a differnet point.

A double post (here at GT Planet) is when you post repeatedly within a short space of time, regardless of the content being the different or not.

I will be honest it makes little difference if you are replying to one person or many, please put your replies in one post. To put up a totally separate reply to each person makes a total mess of the thread.

You may not hold a real conversation in this manner, but this is not a live conversation or a chat-room, so we ask here at GT Planet that you do not double post.

No it isn't! Spamming is putting posts all over the place that aren't relevant to the topic, eg. generic advertising. A double post is when you accidentally put up the same post twice, often due to a system problem.

My point remains, I made several posts because i have not read this thread before and i read the entire thing in one sitting. In doing so i read several posts that i wished to reply to. I replied to them separately because they were separate points.

That said, it probably would have been apropriate to try the green + sign for the last two posts as they both relate to the same point.
While spam may not be the most appropriate word to use, the fact remains the same, you have been politely informed by a number of members that double posting is not the norm here at GT Planet, even a quick look around would make that quite clear.

Now you have chosen to get a bit defensive with members who have pointed this out to you, so I will be quite clear. With my mod 'hat' firmly on I am telling you that double posting of this nature is not acceptable here at GT Planet. Please ensure in future than you reply to people (be it one person or more) in a single post.

This is not a topic for discussion, rather a request that you do not double post in future.

Thanks in advance

Scaff

i got the r32 skyine gts25 type s, it is really capable imo, its long soft shock allow you to pull off curb rides and pass on the insdie. I think it really lacks power stock though, i increased the muffler and chip after a few races.

Back