• Forza Motorsport 7

• Project Cars 2

• All 3

• Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7

• Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2

• Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2

• None - I don't like racing games

Results are only viewable after voting.
I changed my mind. For now I won't buy PCars 2 considering all the negative comments it is receiving.
Only FM7 and GTS.

On July 21st I said:
PC2 will have to wait until it can be purchased used at around $20.

PC2 is now a pass, dynamic weather or not. Couldn't stay engaged with PC1 and don't anticipate anything different with PC2.

There isn't any suitable option for me.

None - because is late for a GT game on PS4 ...

IR

I changed my mind. For now I won't buy PCars 2 considering all the negative comments it is receiving.
Only FM7 and GTS.

To be fair, it's normal to see more complaints online than not because the people who are enjoying the game (even with some issues here and there) are not posting online probably. I speak for myself. In the past 3 days I've only come to GTP to post some PC2 screenshots and say a few things here and there.

Believe me, it's better than what the negative comments may suggest. :) But well, this is only my opinion.

Got PC2 already and that's the only one of the 3 I'm getting.

Don't have an Xbox for Forza.

GT Sport just doesn't interest me. Yes, I'm enjoying improving my license in PC2 but there's also a career mode alongside that. With GTS, there isn't. It just seems a boring game to me and they're calling themselves an esport game and not doing the classes realistically which irritates me. I don't want to see a VW Beetle in a class full of GT3s and nor do I want to see a GTE Porsche.

So I cancelled my Forza 7 pre order, and upgraded my GT Sport to the collectors edition (I'm a sucker for die cast stuff):D
Didn't you post this in three threads (including this one) on Monday?

Enjoy photomode I guess, I'll have PCARS 2 for racing (track variety ahoy!) and FM7 for collecting (and hopefully racing as well).

Not bothering with GTS, super weak in terms of track count/variety (the most important thing IMHO) and the car selection is incredibly meh.

If GT5/6 taught me anything is wait one year to get it for 50% off and decent, or wait two years and get it 75% off and near perfect.

Two years should be long enough for them to convert all 447 premium cars to super premium as well as add more tracks.

A few weeks ago I was considering to cancel my GTS pre-order, because PCars2 has so much more to offer. Even though PCars2 is amazing at its core, it's got so many rough edges, and the multiplayer and ranked online mode isn't properly implemented yet. GTS may only have 50 unique cars or so and have not even half the number of tracks that PCars2 has, but if it's polished on the 18th of October and the online system is well-designed, then I'll probably spend my time racing in GTS.

It seems to me that PCars2 was rushed out early, just so it would be on the market before GTS. I hope GTS won't be rushed out early, too, just to get out before Forza 7.

A few weeks ago I was considering to cancel my GTS pre-order, because PCars2 has so much more to offer. Even though PCars2 is amazing at its core, it's got so many rough edges, and the multiplayer and ranked online mode isn't properly implemented yet. GTS may only have 50 unique cars or so and have not even half the number of tracks that PCars2 has, but if it's polished on the 18th of October and the online system is well-designed, then I'll probably spend my time racing in GTS.

It seems to me that PCars2 was rushed out early, just so it would be on the market before GTS. I hope GTS won't be rushed out early, too, just to get out before Forza 7.
:boggled: what

Forza 7
Initial release date: October 3, 2017

GTS
Initial release date: October 18, 2017

How would gts be rush out first?

So I cancelled my Forza 7 pre order, and upgraded my GT Sport to the collectors edition (I'm a sucker for die cast stuff):D
Physical versions of the Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition have a diecast as well ;)

Forza7_model_bonusLG.jpg

Not bothering with GTS, super weak in terms of track count/variety (the most important thing IMHO) and the car selection is incredibly meh.

If GT5/6 taught me anything is wait one year to get it for 50% off and decent, or wait two years and get it 75% off and near perfect.

Two years should be long enough for them to convert all 447 premium cars to super premium as well as add more tracks.
So what you really mean is, you're not bothering with GTS yet?

With only so many hours in the day and such similarity at their core these days, I went with "Gran Turismo Sport". I don't own an Xbox One, and largely disliked the way the original Project Cars handled along with the crazy number of settings. I'll probably get F12017 as it's currently on sale, and those will do me for now.

Mind you, exactly the same "wait one year to get it for 50% off and decent, or wait two years and get it 75% off and near perfect" can be said for Forza 7 and Project Cars 2. Just depends on what you want.

GT Sport only - I have a really long list of non-racing games to play and I can only really focus on one circuit-based racing sim. The track count of PC2, and car count of FM7 is enticing though, but GT has a special something that earns my pick.

A slim chance I'll be able to get the other two down the road. I will be getting Dirt Rally PC along DriveClub and recently picked up Assetto Corsa on the Steam summer sale for $14.99 (to finally see what all the praise is about) - so between those four games, I have enough racing for two or three years. And at that point T10/SMS will be looking at FM8/PC3.

I can't get a PS4 Pro and GTS until maybe Q1/Q2 of 2018 so I needed a title to hold me over. AC wasn't cutting it. I understand how everyone praises it for the physics/ffb - it really is as good as it's hyped up to be. Car models look great, environments not so much. But there is nothing there outside of that. Everything is extremely bland. I can't play this game for more than 45 minutes. I wanted to get FM7 for the car roster, even purchased it, but the required Windows update didn't agree with my CPU. So I ended up getting a refund and picking up PC2.

About PC2, I really like the physics/ffb. They don't feel as good as AC, but much better than GT6 and FM6 (the only other 2 circuit sims I've played with a wheel) The graphics are solid, and I like the amount of customization with the HUD/wheel/controls. I am doing the career mode right now to I can try out different track/car combinations. I was enjoying the career until I got hit with a snow race - I have no interest in snow racing, but I hear they may be patching those out. In between races I'll pick a different car and do some hot-lapping on the next track in the career. The racing is great, but the AI is inconsistent. One race, they're impossible, and the next they're pushovers (or maybe I'm just better at certain tracks). Sounds are vicious, but overstated sometimes. I was in an FRS yesterday, and the gear shift is unrealistically loud. I've had moments like that in just about every non-race car in the game.

The off-track experience feels dry - no sense of ownership with the cars, no sense of progression, even with a career. Nothing exciting about the menus. It's a great sim, but is really struggling as a game, not as bad as AC, but as a car enthusiast (who doesn't follow motor-sports), it doesn't get me going - there are no moments where I have a cargasm. But still - the driving is superb.

Last edited:
Already bought PCars2 and GTSport, but I should probably buy F1 2017 if I want to use my CSL E and Clubsport Pedals V3

Back