What you Use to Play Forza

• Thread starter MowTin
  • 66 comments

What controller do you use to play Forza?

• MS Wheel

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Logitech DFX

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Other Wheel

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 360 gamepad

Votes: 55 65.5%

• Total voters
Gamepad.

As I've said before, I'm up to my neck in wheels as is...don't need another one. :P

If you are going to be playing a sim racing game you need a wheel to make it a complete sim.
Playing with a controller is not for sims but for arcade racers where controls don't matter.

So if you call yourself a sim racer and you play with a controller then you don't deserve the game period.

If you are going to be playing a sim racing game you need a wheel to make it a complete sim.
Playing with a controller is not for sims but for arcade racers where controls don't matter.

So if you call yourself a sim racer and you play with a controller then you don't deserve the game period.

Fine. You want to buy me a wheel for Forza 3?

Well, that's that then. Learner has spoken. Terronium, Joey, turn your copies of Forza 3 in for ritual burning. You may never again play a racing game.

Not Forza 3 because I don't have it yet but while I'm still playing Forza 2 I swap between controller and wheel. I managed to pick one of those DFX Wheels at Cashies on the cheap so I couldn't walk past that.

I have the Microsoft Wheel for the 360, but I have yet to really use it (hell, i don't have my copy of Forza 3 yet). Can't wait to give it a go.

MS Wheel for the 2nd place win. I can't afford a Porsche wheel yet. Well, I can afford it, but I can't afford to piss my wife off :(

So is the MS wheel usable at all in "lap mode?" I don't have any suitable furniture to mount a wheel onto, my DFP's still at my parents' house for the same reason.

microsoft and logitech are both retarded for not working out their differences and getting the G25 to work, so gamepad it is. Sucks because i can't really judge FM3 for what it really is, although it's a great game and i'm enjoying it. But i have no way to do a comparison with physics/ffb etc. compared to Gt5p. :indiff:

Wow. Turn10 has said over and over again its a racer for All skill levels.... I won't be wasting money on a wheel designed for one game on the system. I'm not that obsessed with the game or Xbox360.

microsoft and logitech are both retarded for not working out their differences and getting the G25 to work, so gamepad it is. Sucks because i can't really judge FM3 for what it really is, although it's a great game and i'm enjoying it. But i have no way to do a comparison with physics/ffb etc. compared to Gt5p. :indiff:

Its more to do with Microsoft. They require license fees. That would increase the price for new products and old products will never be retroactive because M$ can't make a dime off of it without releasing a patch you have to pay for. So Logitech is better off not doing a thing.

Its more to do with Microsoft. They require license fees. That would increase the price for new products and old products will never be retroactive because M$ can't make a dime off of it without releasing a patch you have to pay for. So Logitech is better off not doing a thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation, now i will shift my hate/blame on Microsoft. Still a shame, my G25 gets watery-eyed while it watch's me play forza with the 360-controller :lol:

I went looking for the official M$ wheel yesterday and they were all sold out here so I am still using the controller.

Using MS Wheel here........ to add to my G25 and DFGT :ouch:

When Fanatec get thier arses into gear and get distributors to retail their wheels in Australia i might as well get that too........ and have the whole set:crazy:

Using the crappy MS wheel at the moment, but when I want to set a decent lap time I go back to the Controller. Still waiting on a Fanatec wheel.

I started to us the MS wheel but found the pedals to be too sensitive, I even tried the G25 pedals. I need to give the G25 pedals another go since i have played with the controller settings but I found the controller to work better with the game. I find it sad that a racing game of its caliber is better suited for a controller than a wheel. even with that said i play like 3 hours an night and about twice that on the weekend days.

Back