What you Use to Play Forza

• Thread starter MowTin
  • 66 comments

What controller do you use to play Forza?

• MS Wheel

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Logitech DFX

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Other Wheel

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 360 gamepad

Votes: 55 65.5%

• Total voters
Ach! No! I only have a 65 inch TV! :(

Oh, wait, my uncle has a theater projection system. So I actually have a... What's 17 times 12?

65" can be acceptable if you sit within 3 feet of the set, and accept your status as an inferior gamer :dopey: lol

Never found a wheel I liked.Im sure there are a couple really great ones now but I havent had luck with them in the past. Id have to build one of the car setups for the wheel because using TV tray doesnt cut it. Gamepad.

If you are going to be playing a sim racing game you need a wheel to make it a complete sim.
Playing with a controller is not for sims but for arcade racers where controls don't matter.

So if you call yourself a sim racer and you play with a controller then you don't deserve the game period.

Are you really serious?

The reason I don't use a wheel for forza is because the MS wheel and Logitech DFX are utter rubbish in comparison with my G25 I use for GT5:P and it just feels all wrong.

If I had the money to fork out for a fanatec then it would be different but since I don't and I don't know if that day will ever come then I'm going to be sticking it out with the gamepad thanks.

What gives you the right to decide wether the countless amount of people who play the game using the controller 'deserve' to play the game.

Oh and for your information Forza is a Simcade game not a Sim.

It's funny, but true. You will need the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel in order to play Forza Motorsport 2 or 3. I got mine and works like a dream in the Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge and even on Import Tuner Challenge. FYI, the real term for Forza Motorsport is "semi-sim", not "simcade". The word "simcade" didn't really exist in the game design terminology. It's just a made-up word for gamers who play racers at the arcade all the time.

Gamepag at the moment, waiting on my Fanatec Turbo S to arrive in January (hopefully) or Febuary. I actually limited my play time so i dont get to deep haha.

I'm using Logitech DriveFX wheel and a "playseats" cockpit clone :) Spent less than 200€ for that!!! That combo works really fine for me...never raced so much before but since I got the combo I play much much more and I can only tell: Wheel & Cockpit is must have!

Getting a Logitech DFP in a few days so I will give it a go on the PS3+Cockpit+GT5 Demo :)

EDIT: Driving with Fanatec or G25 must be really cool but too expensive for me - I'll stick with Logi DFX, with DFX I got 304th in R1 Time Trial.
My XBL nick is forcemotorsport :) Hope to get XBL Gold soon

Latest Posts

Back