[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
@rallymorten I still have time to submit a TC car right? If so I've submitted a form.

You should be in good time for the race, but you'll be starting from the back. Not like that's really a big deal, being a 24 hour race where most cars are bound to retire anyway :lol:

Also this is what the actually-a-Merc looks like from the front:

GTR2 2016-07-02_02-44-18.jpg

@rallymorten

So, hoe much time until the race starts?

That'll be about 9 hours and 15 minutes. Warmup starts some time earlier.

Also, casual livery reveal. And no, it wasn't done overnight, but rather is one from back when a touring car series was in development. You may recognise the livery, either from GT2 or from a real series.

GTR2 2016-07-02_12-33-10.jpg
GTR2 2016-07-02_12-33-21.jpg
GTR2 2016-07-02_12-33-27.jpg
GTR2 2016-07-02_12-33-34.jpg
GTR2 2016-07-02_12-33-41.jpg

y u include the screenshot saved box??

And so, this is the TC class. Probably, most likely, final:

GTR2 2016-07-02_12-36-24.jpg

Man, I love the way that grey ended up looking on my Pug's bumper and side areas... It's a lovely effect, for a livery that was more or less done on the spot. Also, morten, nice JTCC swag, that'll come in handy to make your Accord more competitive. :sly: :lol:

Man, I want a fully-fledged B-Spec series with these cars... Shame we can't get more entries in, a full grid (perhaps about 20 cars should suffice) would make for some amazing racing.

Just two hours until we're live.

I'll be doing a little shakedown in about an hours time, so please, someone be there and tell me if everything is coming through or if the sound balance needs adjusting.

Just two hours until we're live.

I'll be doing a little shakedown in about an hours time, so please, someone be there and tell me if everything is coming through or if the sound balance needs adjusting.

You have no idea how glad I am to read this. I finally at a point where I can start sending the tribute liveries to you. Look out for them.

Well, best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) case you've got less than half an hour.

Test stream has ended. I'll see what I can do about that extreme buffering, though I think that was caused by me alt-tabbing out to fix things.

I do want to see the race when it becomes available, but I did take up on the Mini Cooper Cup thing mentioned in the very first post of this thread. As someone who is just discovering all GTR2 has to offer, I looked into the Mini Cooper Cup. I haven't installed it or anything. I just basically have it among my collection of mods for GTR2. Once again, I do have you all to thank for your inspiration. Sure want to see this fine series get back underway.

I'm so damn disappointed in myself. I was finally getting the cars complete but was only able to get two of them to the grid time...

Last edited:
Update after 1 hour:

GT leader:

#011 Perl-Speed GP

TC leader:

#101 TRB Motorsport

GT fastest lap:

02:23:700
#091 Oreca USA

TC fastest lap:

02:35:409
#150 Swift Autosport

Retired: 5

- #095 RMR Motorsport (Reason: DNF)
- #001 TRB Motorsport (Reason: DNF)
- #179 NCTX/Starion (Reason: DNF)
- #176 Madhouse Peugeot Sport PT (Reason: DNF)
- #031 Michelin Racing (Reason: DNF)

Update after 2 hours:

GT leader:

#011 Perl-Speed GP

TC leader:

#101 TRB Motorsport

GT fastest lap:

02:18:065
#077 GREENBEAST Motorsport

TC fastest lap:

02:32:007
#101 TRB Motorsport

Stream is getting abit woryysome. The amount of times its buffered has doubled abit and this is the second time I've had to refresh just to get it going again.

Last edited:
Stream is getting abit worysome. The amount of times is buffered has doubled abit and this is the second time I've had to refresh just to get it going again.

I've noticed that myself, but not much I can do at this point without the risk of breaking everything.

Update after 3 hours:

GT leader:

#079 Jackson Racing

TC leader:

#101 TRB Motorsport

GT fastest lap:

02:17:474
#026 Puchino Nismo Racing

TC fastest lap:

02:31:700
#144 STARtec Developments

Update after 4 hours:

GT leader:

#008 STARtec Development

TC leader:

#101 TRB Motorsport

GT fastest lap:

02:17:173
#026 Puchino Nismo Racing

TC fastest lap:

02:31:700
#144 STARtec Developments

This is, for now, the last update. I'll use the next few hours to catch some sleep and be ready for the last ~12 hours.

Update after 11 hours:

GT leader:

#???

TC leader:

#???

GT fastest lap:

??:??:???
#???

TC fastest lap:

??:??:???
#???

Retired: 1

- My game (Reason: Death by runtime error)

Well, there you go. Not quite 24 hours, *but* it was a race until the game decided it had had enough.

And now I think I'll let the computer rest for a few days.

Well can't say I'm happy with my TC performance, or my GT3 one from the little I managed to see of the race. Guess my Pug performance also came with that lovingly crafted Pug "reliablity" which plagued so many Peugeots of its era... Damm it Clarkson, I have to concede to you, the 407 was crappy! Now to wonder why did the Peugeot break down, when I tried to improve it through Italian girl cyborg joints... :lol:

So... I guess this is a "see you later" for now, isn't it? It was fun, but I guess your writers block combined with your ever-so-clumsy PC just won't contribute to a flawless broadcasting. I don't know about the others, but I will be waiting for your return one day, hopefully with a more morten-friendly PC and a competitive series. I won't say "goodbye" to you, and hopefully neither will you. :cheers:

or maybe you'll use this opportunity to kickstart the B-Spec Bingo Series, golden chance son :lol:

Well as much as I'm bummed abut the stream, I'm glad its at least "Red Flagged" and not ended. Don't ever give up 👍

..yeah, I can't promise we'll ever un-red-flag it, but it has sort of sparked my interest again.

S3, I think I can safely say, is over. Once YT is done figuring out how to render everything, I'll have a look to see who won the GTs and thus can claim the title of S3 champion.

As for the touring cars, well.. #101 sort of had a two lap lead when I went to sleep four hours in. I'll call that a win.

I've been thinking... are the problems trying to get these races in properly a matter of having a decent PC or in not having the program crash? I am still learning in trying to set up such AI races, but I just wonder what the problem(s) was/were in trying to get some of these events complete. Is it in trying to push the mod further than the PC will allow? Is it maybe trying to do both these races and doing Twitch streams at the same time or something? I just don't know the real technical bits as to how there can be such hitches in trying to get everything done efficiently.

I have my own kind of GT3 deal going as I downloaded the Blancpain Endurance Series mod that compliments the EEC GT3 mod for GTR2. I am not saying I want my own entry in a future GT3 series or anything, but I was just thinking about this whole deal while trying to have my own kind of GT3 adventures. I am also not suggesting I am making a rival series to this GT3 series. All of this is just in good fun. I still even look at past rounds of the series on YouTube. And though these are AI drivers, it sucks when my good mates worldwide baring the names of these AI drivers get into trouble in races or get wrecked into next season.

Once again- thanks for providing such quality action. Cheers.

I've been thinking... are the problems trying to get these races in properly a matter of having a decent PC or in not having the program crash?...

As far as I can gather, it's mostly a matter of my PC not exactly being top-of-the-line modern and running out of memory. It can run a normal, reasonable race distance fine, but it's not quite fit for races longer than a few hours. Depending on the cars, of course.

Speaking of "normal, reasonable race distance", if there's any interest, I have a plan for the touring cars. And I dug up something from the days before the GT3s that may or may not involve the GTs.

Touring cars? I am always, and I mean always, up for something like that. If there is one racing genre that GTP B-Spec hasn't exploited properly, that would be the one. And with touring car-like rules, you don't have to make 50-lap-plus races which can crash the PC on the long run, just use ye ol'WTCC system minus the unnecessary drama and José Lopez...

Now, if we can get more interested parties...

Latest Posts

Back