What's the best 650 pp car?

• Thread starter Rajs87
  • 108 comments
Why is everyone else saying ANYTHING other than this

didnt you guys see the time trials? The 2j beat everything else by atleast 15 seconds.

no car is even close to the 2J at 650 pp

Yes, I ran the TT with this car, only because I had to in order to be competitive with everyone else. That car is over used as it is. My Speed 8 does just fine for the seasonals. I'll use the 2J in the TT's when I have to, otherwise, I don't touch the thing.

didnt you guys see the time trials? The 2j beat everything else by atleast 15 seconds.

Because some of us like a decent challenge and prefer to use stock or tuned cars rather than the downtuned troll car which wins everything.

Agreed, technically it's the best within the regulations but it's also pretty boring. Personally i've never been a fan of using the engine limiter and prefer to use cars in a similar class to my opponents (or tuned underdogs in the lower PP races). Using the 2J all the time is "using a hammer to crack a nut" and proves nothing.

EDIT: Also the OP says "best" not "fastest" :)

Because some of us like a decent challenge and prefer to use stock or tuned cars rather than the downtuned troll car which wins everything.

Agreed, technically it's the best within the regulations but it's also pretty boring. Personally i've never been a fan of using the engine limiter and prefer to use cars in a similar class to my opponents (or tuned underdogs in the lower PP races). Using the 2J all the time is "using a hammer to crack a nut" and proves nothing.

See, now I'm confused, I would assume the best = fastest, how can something be slower and better? Because its more of a challenge?

Give the Toyota 7 stock tune a try, it says its the highest 650PP car, once you either add 200KGs ballast and detune the engine, or fully detune the engine (50%) and add a smaller ballast, but its so raw, you literally do need to be 1 gear higher for it not to spin out in the corners.

Yup ...I am 100% with you there. I have never used the 2J ...it sits in the "could-not-care-less" corner of my garage with the X2011 and Veyron. Stock or tuned cars for me thanks.

Yup ...I am 100% with you there. I have never used the 2J ...it sits in the "could-not-care-less" corner of my garage with the X2011 and Veyron. Stock or tuned cars for me thanks.

I still find the 2J a blast to drive, and enjoy the Veyron too (unlike most people), the X2010/11 are interesting but I can't really control them too well with a DS3 to be honest. But all in the right context, for me anyway. I would run these in events with the appropriate regs/limits/opponents or run hot laps. I don't really see the appeal of taking these cars and downtuning them, yet still getting the benefit of their massive downforce etc, as there is little or no challenge in that.

Perhaps the OP did mean fastest, regardless of downtuning etc. but I guess I read it as the best in that category (see opponents for comparison), as mostly anyone knows the leaderboards are always filled with the 2J.

650pp: Audi R8 LMS Team Playstation.

500pp: Alfa Romeo 8C Competitzone - fully tuned.

400pp: Mazda Miata J(na) or Toyota 86 GT. Ive started leaning toward the 86 GT lately.

im having issues winning a b-spec race at cote d'azure, its 650pp limit aswell tried every even remotely eligible car i have and no luck... any tips? my driver is class 32 pretty good stats so i dont recon thats the issue

I used the Pagani Zonda R'09, tuned for all 650pp races... All Easy, only Côte makes Troubles... But at the 3-4 try, my dumb Bob has make it..

im having issues winning a b-spec race at cote d'azure, its 650pp limit aswell tried every even remotely eligible car i have and no luck... any tips? my driver is class 32 pretty good stats so i dont recon thats the issue
The McLaren GT1, Ford GT LM Race Car, and R34/35TC... All these cars worked great.

If you're still relatively new to GT5 then use the Zonda R. You win it pretty early on. When you've got the cash, get the 2J. It monsters anything else at 650pp.

i now have to disagree, after testing the 787B, on the nurb' no.4 a-spec seasonal, 650pp, i did 5:45 with the 2J using the same i had for the TT35, and the 787B did 5:41.216 and i had some room left. :)

Last edited:
my bob pretty much wipes up the competition with the old oreca viper. plus it just sounds awesome.

the 2j because if you try to race it with any other kind of 650pp except the r35 tc,you get killed.the fans at the back keep the car planted on to the road and grip like f1 car.i know it understeers until it got a good tune and it's one of the rarest cars ever but if you want the easiest 650 pp car ever,then the 2j is the car for you

Here is an updated list

TUNED

BMW McLaren F1 GTR
Nissan GT-R R35 TC
Ford GT LM Spec Car II Test Car

DETUNED

Toyota GT-ONE
Audi R8 Team Oreca
Mercedes Benz Sauber C9
Chapparal 2D or 2J

i now have to disagree, after testing the 787B, on the nurb' no.4 a-spec seasonal, 650pp, i did 5:45 with the 2J using the same i had for the TT35, and the 787B did 5:41.216 and i had some room left. :)

Oh ok, since YOU are faster with a 787b, that means all the thousands of people who did the time trials are all WRONG, and the 787b was the fastest car all along..

LOL..

anecdotal evidence, is not evidence.

the 2j is the fastest hands down, thread over

Oh ok, since YOU are faster with a 787b, that means all the thousands of people who did the time trials are all WRONG, and the 787b was the fastest car all along..

LOL..

anecdotal evidence, is not evidence.

the 2j is the fastest hands down, thread over

Wow lol

I dont need to prove myself about what ive experimented,
What i did wrong was not adding sidenote to my comment.

The 787B is definalty not faster than the 2J every time :), i meant for the Nurburgring 650pp seasonal event (wich is the main subject of this thread.... 650pp cars) the 2J was not the fastest car i used.

What i disagree about is saying the 2J is the fastest car at 650PP ''hands down'' , at least on the ring. :)

Have you tried it yourself? or you base your judgement on TimeTrials using different PP than the one specified in the thread?

Last edited:
Race-Modified Corvette Z06 (moderately tuned - as far as the engine's concerned) or if you're real desperate, BMW McLaren F1 GTR dominates.

Back