What's the best 650 pp car?

• Thread starter Rajs87
  • 108 comments
If you're still relatively new to GT5 then use the Zonda R. You win it pretty early on. When you've got the cash, get the 2J. It monsters anything else at 650pp.

You sure? I am having problem with the seasonal events to get into the first place in most of the 650pp races. Maybe because I am still new but I always finish 2nd or 3rd. The problem is that the first guy is so fast. Most of the time if I had another lap or a few more corners I will overtake him but yeah I cross the finish just behind his back bumper in 90% of the cases. The rest 10% are when for some reason the 1st guy is 18-20 sec ahead. I dont know how he do it though lol... I am using the GTR N24 Nau-bla-bla Motorsport Edition. Since I dont own any DLC yet I can't drive the R35 TC. Unless it can be traded. If the DLC cars can be traded I will ask if some friend have it so he can send it to me lol

WinterUSCM
You sure? I am having problem with the seasonal events to get into the first place in most of the 650pp races. Maybe because I am still new but I always finish 2nd or 3rd. The problem is that the first guy is so fast. Most of the time if I had another lap or a few more corners I will overtake him but yeah I cross the finish just behind his back bumper in 90% of the cases. The rest 10% are when for some reason the 1st guy is 18-20 sec ahead. I dont know how he do it though lol... I am using the GTR N24 Nau-bla-bla Motorsport Edition. Since I dont own any DLC yet I can't drive the R35 TC. Unless it can be traded. If the DLC cars can be traded I will ask if some friend have it so he can send it to me lol

Look at the link I posted above. There are all sorts of tunes for many cars for the 650pp seasonal

If its for Bspec then just tune down a Corvette Zr1 RC. Thats what i use for the seasonal events, And i usually just put it on and walk away , the car wins by itself.

If you want to win in the b spec races with no problems,then use a x1 or the car in page four because fans really help the downforce of the car in slow and fast corners but the only differences is the x1,if you using a controller,you have to tune it until you feel comfortable and the 2j,even when you use a wheel,you have to change the suspension,and transmission because since the fans give it so much downforce,the LSD doesn't matter

Last edited:

I am having the same problem. I find it very hard to catch the front car.

I have a feeling most people are driving with Skid Recovery Force ON - because if I put that on - I can monster any race within the 2nd Lap - but without it. Its nearly impossible.

I am having the same problem. I find it very hard to catch the front car.

I have a feeling most people are driving with Skid Recovery Force ON - because if I put that on - I can monster any race within the 2nd Lap - but without it. Its nearly impossible.

Generally, these GT planet guys call the leader or pole position in the seasonals "The White Rabbit." It's difficult [unless you're a highly skilled driver; mike_gt3 is one of those] to win with most cars. To be honest, I didn't start winning more until I forced myself to learn how to drive with ABS 1. [a side note on ABS 1: R1600 Turbo (GT Academy Finalist) said the GT Academy in Orlando made the finalists all drive with ABS 1, driver view I believe--correct me if I'm wrong on the view] In my opinion, that's how the designers intended the game to be mastered. I want to make it very clear that I don't intend to "brag" about using ABS1. In fact, I'm trying to help you improve. Anyone who has a problem with that statement can look elsewhere for a reaction. It's very hard but you'll get used to the feel of each car. It will vary from driver to driver but I find the Toyota GT-ONE TS020 '99 race car to be the easiest to drive at 650PP. It may not be the fastest. It may not even be the most agile in the corners, but its a good starter. Stay away from the Zonda R until you master throttle control, steering, tuning or all. That car has so much power it will throw the back end around when you least expect it with too much throttle or improper trailbraking. I find the Zonda R especially hard to drive on Suzuka 650PP seasonal. I wish you the best in your search for the best car for you.

Last edited:
Generally, these GT planet guys call the leader or pole position in the seasonals "The White Rabbit." It's difficult [unless you're a highly skilled driver; mike_gt3 is one of those] to win with most cars. To be honest, I didn't start winning more until I forced myself to learn how to drive with ABS 1. [a side note on ABS 1: R1600 Turbo (GT Academy Finalist) said the GT Academy in Orlando made the finalists all drive with ABS 1, driver view I believe--correct me if I'm wrong on the view] In my opinion, that's how the designers intended the game to be mastered. I want to make it very clear that I don't intend to "brag" about using ABS1. In fact, I'm trying to help you improve. Anyone who has a problem with that statement can look elsewhere for a reaction. It's very hard but you'll get used to the feel of each car. It will vary from driver to driver but I find the Toyota GT-ONE TS020 '99 race car to be the easiest to drive at 650PP. It may not be the fastest. It may not even be the most agile in the corners, but its a good starter. Stay away from the Zonda R until you master throttle control, steering, tuning or all. That car has so much power it will throw the back end around when you least expect it with too much throttle or improper trailbraking. I find the Zonda R especially hard to drive on Suzuka 650PP seasonal. I wish you the best in your search for the best car for you.

Thanks so much for your response - I drive with ABS 1, all AIDS off, no racing line and no suggested gear selector. I find myself fastest without a doubt with those settings.

I am using a detuned Peugeot 905 - I don't have the GT-ONE. I find that I can't get past +15 Seconds on the seasonal 6. I will have to keep trying but I find with these 'white rabbits' they are insanely quick at first and then as soon as you pass them - they slow down. Its as if the AI is on steroids at first!

mr2600
Thanks so much for your response - I drive with ABS 1, all AIDS off, no racing line and no suggested gear selector. I find myself fastest without a doubt with those settings.

I am using a detuned Peugeot 905 - I don't have the GT-ONE. I find that I can't get past +15 Seconds on the seasonal 6. I will have to keep trying but I find with these 'white rabbits' they are insanely quick at first and then as soon as you pass them - they slow down. Its as if the AI is on steroids at first!

Hey mr 2600.. I too had trouble winning that seasonal and I set my aids identically to you. I stuck it out with a detuned 905, but then tried a detuned 787B. I found it way more forgiving.

Audi R10 TDI detuned is best if you don't have a 2J. Gives more power than a detuned 905 due to its lower pp rating from the start, handles brilliantly, goes like stink and can hit 6:17 in the Nurburgring even with my DS3.

No matter what you believe, you will almost always be faster with Skid Recovery Force on. Which is why it's so frowned upon.

I just wanted to say, I repurchased this game last night and started doing seasonal, and came across this forum whilst browsing the web. This particular thread encouraged me to continue reading everything. What a wonderful community, I have stalked for less tan 24 hours yet I feel like I know you all personally. I knee the forums up on my modded Kindle Fire right under my monitor for playing. It is very nice to meet all of you! I've sent out some friend requests. :)

Only use the 2J if you want easy mode, if you like a moderate challenge the Ford mark IV its fun to drive and a bit twitchy. For a defo win Zonda R or Zonda Lms

I go back and forth between the Oreca Viper (I have both, use one with more power, but less power and full aero is good for grinding Laguna Seca) and the Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II test car (the premium 3.6m cr. one)

Detuned Lambo GT-1 is good for the Nurb' I find.

All three are Praiano tunes as well

Here's a list of cars that will help you through 650pp events:

Chaparral 2J
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
BMW McLaren GTR Race Car
NOMAD Diablo GT1 Race Car
Pagani LM Race Car (Tuned a little)

Or any down-tuned LM Prototype, remember if the car is over the limit you can use the power limiter in the Engine Settings

I was very skeptic, but after failing Leguna seca with the FAP "908" and initially with the 2J. I just took off the LSD and this car just has too much pull, which makes the understeer not as much an issue. Going to try the GTR touring car because I cant find a BMW McLaren. Thanks OP and good racing to the lot of you. Cheers

For all the 650pp events I use the Ford Spec II Test Car.
Handles like a dream, and can beat any field at any track.
I particularly like Laguna SECA with this car, and can take the Zonda on lap 2 and the BMW Mclaren on lap 3. Very easy money and XP (especially with the 200% bonus)

I use the Tuned Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98. (650pp)
Truly on of the best handling cars I have seen so far.

Last edited:
I particularly like Laguna SECA with this car, and can take the Zonda on lap 2 and the BMW Mclaren on lap 3. Very easy money and XP (especially with the 200% bonus)

+1 👍

epson nsx
yellowhat gtr
2010 camaro
Xanavi Nismo Z 06
2J
2d
GTR N24 Schulze Motorsport
Zonda LM Race Car
Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car
XJ220 LM Race Car

R35 TC
GTR N24 Schulze Motorsport
Zonda LM Race Car
Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car
and
XJ220 LM Race Car

Thats my list

or corvette zo6 rm

nurburgring?

I'll share the HKS GT800R tonight if you want to try it out....against your R35TC :-)

that is not even in the game!

Detuned Mazda Furai works pretty well with B-Spec Bob.

For sure my driver Celik would do it in that car

Here is an updated list

TUNED

BMW McLaren F1 GTR
Nissan GT-R R35 TC
Ford GT LM Spec Car II Test Car

DETUNED

Toyota GT-ONE
Audi R8 Team Oreca
Mercedes Benz Sauber C9
Chapparal 2D or 2J
I was thinking that I should win with a gtr r35 tc or a zonda r at 200 on the ballast or my sauber that should be detuned or a 2j with a couple ballast adjustments
my birthday profiles have a sauber and a chaparral 2j

Here's a list of cars that will help you through 650pp events:

Chaparral 2J
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
BMW McLaren GTR Race Car
NOMAD Diablo GT1 Race Car
Pagani LM Race Car (Tuned a little)

Or any down-tuned LM Prototype, remember if the car is over the limit you can use the power limiter in the Engine Settings

ok nomad diablo will help :crazy: but chaparral is better 👍

at least gamerdog6482 cannot find me:sly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back