What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
I used an R10 Stealth with careful gearbox tinkering and literally going 273 MPH without drafting and using manual tranny.

I use a fully maxed out, 1,000 hp BMW M4 M-Performance Edition with 631 PP, or, alternatively a Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo with restrictors in place to dial down the power to exactly 750 PP and allow entry.

The best car for "Like the wind" is the Chapparal Vision Gran Turismo! That think goes like nuts even when dropped to 750pp. Easily hits 450kmh.

If you do not own the chapparal,then the Mazda LM55 Vision GranTurismo is my second choise ;)
Yes but on the 3rd race it's almost too slow because of the veyrons. I use the Pagani huyra

Not the fastest around Route X but the Chaparral 2X VGT was free and gets those races done quick. Add 200kg then reduce hp for best results.

The Chaparral VGT works for me every time. I also use a Mazda 787B. Just upgrade the transmission so it can go 270mph.

Used an R18 anniv. edition for the first one and a maxed supra for the other two.

Here is my recommendations :

Nissan R92CP Race Car ( Heavy on Corners . Good at Indy )
Pescarolo C60 Hybrid Judd - GV5 Race Car '05
Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
DeltaWing
Jaguar XJR-9LM '88
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 ( When fully tuned , What a machine )
Audi R8 Race Car '01 ( Red one looks cool )

Hope that helps

I used the R92CP in Indy and the Vertigo in two following races, fully tuned and max speed as possible (I think that it was 420 km/h...)!

I used the R92CP in Indy and the Vertigo in two following races, fully tuned and max speed as possible (I think that it was 420 km/h...)!

Cool , usually the vertigo gets to 289 kph and then does that annoying thing were it just makes that weird noise and dosent go any faster or is that just in GT5 ?

It was just in GT5. In GT6, it gets around 310 kph.

Yeah a lot better . The car used to get in the way in GT5 Races . I was actually doing like the wind believe it or not in GT5 B-Spec and I was in The R8 Race Car and it just pulled on the outside out of nowhere and my B Spec Driver just went straight into the back of it and spun off , on the last lap ... He lost .

Yeah a lot better . The car used to get in the way in GT5 Races . I was actually doing like the wind believe it or not in GT5 B-Spec and I was in The R8 Race Car and it just pulled on the outside out of nowhere and my B Spec Driver just went straight into the back of it and spun off , on the last lap ... He lost .
The Gillet Vertigo was the slowest on the car of the race in GT5. It's like the 178 kph of Dodge Challenger R/T RM.

The Gillet Vertigo was the slowest on the car of the race in GT5. It's like the 178 kph of Dodge Challenger R/T RM.

Tbh I don't get why it was in the fast-paced races . It is only a touring car . Bit like the Corvette Stingray in the GT5 Supercar Festival

The cars i've used :

- R18 @ indy

- Toyota MR2 '97 - sport soft tyres @ SSRX
(All by slipstream and hitting the NOS next to the finish line)

- Ferrari 458 Italia race hard tyres ’09 @ SSR7

the videos (low quality:banghead: about SSRX and SSR7 are on my youtube channel

For an ~easy win i suggest the same cars in the list of ApexDrift123 👍

IR

Last edited:
DSC03461.JPG
Got my newest to the garage (bought today) up to max 527km/h. (328 mp/h). :)

Last edited:
I know it's very unrealistic . Dunno how it won the Belcar season by a lot because it is fast accelerating and slow overall . That would mean it's rubbish at Spa

Ugh... can't you just modify your transmission? Sounds like it's hitting its stock max speed.

Oh and a fully tuned GTR-BE or a Supra would probably win this without much effort, at least on SSRX.

Last edited:
I know it's very unrealistic . Dunno how it won the Belcar season by a lot because it is fast accelerating and slow overall . That would mean it's rubbish at Spa
The Vertigo is well-suited for tight tracks with short distance straights stock. On tracks involving pure straight-line speed? You'll need to adjust the transmission and (maybe) aerodynamics.

Ugh... can't you just modify your transmission? Sounds like it's hitting its stock max speed.

It's not like on games , there is limits on how much you tune your car . You can fiddle with the gears and transmission but there is always faster cars . Anyway . I would say my favourite is the Sauber C9 Silver Arrow

It's not like on games , there is limits on how much you tune your car . You can fiddle with the gears and transmission but there is always faster cars . Anyway . I would say my favourite is the Sauber C9 Silver Arrow

Sorry I thought we were talking about in-game...

Every tuning option in this game you can do in real life, not sure what you're trying to say... :lol:

Edit: Although there's a LOT of things in real life that I wish you could do in GT :(

Last edited:
Back