What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
Thanks for that, but it didnt really answer my question,
But the point is that we already have a thread on it, so any questions you have should have been asked there.

We do not need duplicate threads.

I've spent more time on Route X than any other track now. The TZ3 I've completed the lap in under 54 seconds. I haven't done that in any other car yet.

Can anyone come up with a car that laps Route X faster? Consistently?

I've come in 1st place with the Rocket, and about any other car with 900 hp or more when fully tuned.
And how did you do that ?

And how did you do that ?

All upgrades and moved the transmission as far to the right as it goes.

Rear toe to .10 and front to -.06. Lowered slightly. I typically Draft each car far enough in front to let the Draft help me get up to speed faster. By the time I'm heading up the hill I Draft and pass the lead car using some NOS.

After that I just tap the NOS when the speed drops to 298, bringing the speed back up to 302.

I have just enough NOS to accelerate back up over 300 mph as I cross the finish line.

There are too many to choose for for the last two races, you only need to be able to hold 250-265 MPH to take the last two, as far as Indy you need something with a bit of downforce to hold speed through the corners to win easily (I used a 787B although that was much more than needed.)

Cheapest option I've seen so far is the 3000GT for the last two.

All upgrades and moved the transmission as far to the right as it goes.

Rear toe to .10 and front to -.06. Lowered slightly. I typically Draft each car far enough in front to let the Draft help me get up to speed faster. By the time I'm heading up the hill I Draft and pass the lead car using some NOS.

After that I just tap the NOS when the speed drops to 298, bringing the speed back up to 302.

I have just enough NOS to accelerate back up over 300 mph as I cross the finish line.

Nope from what you described that's a 3:55 lap at best, with a Hyuara I've only done 3:49.xxx laps, topping out at 318 MPH on both straights (although I could use a body refresh).

Last edited:
Here are some more great options not mentioned on this thread yet (all should be fully tuned):
-Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
-Jaguar XFR '10
-Nissan 300ZX 2by2 '98
-Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01
-Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 '09
-BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
-RUF CTR Yellowbird '87
-Ferrari 599 '06

...to name just a few

I'm using the Mercedes Vision GT and can get over 305mph on it, but I wanted to use a different car(not the red bull) so what are the top 3 best/ fastest cars in the game or for the Like the Wind series? Help much appreciated.

I know the Huayra, Viper GTS, and Veyron ar among the fastest...but there are more.

et_
I know the Huayra, Viper GTS, and Veyron ar among the fastest...but there are more.

I have read numerous articles and threads about the Huayra, Viper, and Veyron, but I want to use like Le Mans cars or touring cars. I want to stay away from sports cars as much as possible. I appreciate you helping me out though man.

I have read numerous articles and threads about the Huayra, Viper, and Veyron, but I want to use like Le Mans cars or touring cars. I want to stay away from sports cars as much as possible. I appreciate you helping me out though man.
Toyota 88.:cheers:

Toyota 88.:cheers:
I beat the like the wind with a skyline lol. Anyways, my vision gt can't handle the corners well on any of the Internatinal A, so what are some good cars? I was thinking the Mercedes SlS AMG GT3'11, Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth Model, or the BMW Z4 GT3 '11. Thoughts?

I beat the like the wind with a skyline lol. Anyways, my vision gt can't handle the corners well on any of the Internatinal A, so what are some good cars? I was thinking the Mercedes SlS AMG GT3'11, Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth Model, or the BMW Z4 GT3 '11. Thoughts?
Driving styles vary, so we may not be together on this at all, but I'll try. I don't own any of the MB race cars at the moment; I didn't care for the SLSs at all, and I can't make the Beemer race cars get out of their own way:odd:. I'm not recalling off the top of my head what PPs you're needing for IA events, but I do know I used the Vision MBs quite a bit overall. The race car if I remember was a bit slower but more stable. If you can tune it to brake and corner properly, I seem to remember using the Ford GT500 a lot through the middle of the lineup (meaning between the Sunday Cup stuff and the "endurance" races). I'm sad to say I haven't tried the McLauren/BMW F1 cars either, as the Stealth was one of my favorites in GT5, but the handling/tuning issues in GT6 have so far scared me away from such cars. If you can throw me some PP requirements, and the tracks involved, I might can get more specific. :cheers:

Driving styles vary, so we may not be together on this at all, but I'll try. I don't own any of the MB race cars at the moment; I didn't care for the SLSs at all, and I can't make the Beemer race cars get out of their own way:odd:. I'm not recalling off the top of my head what PPs you're needing for IA events, but I do know I used the Vision MBs quite a bit overall. The race car if I remember was a bit slower but more stable. If you can tune it to brake and corner properly, I seem to remember using the Ford GT500 a lot through the middle of the lineup (meaning between the Sunday Cup stuff and the "endurance" races). I'm sad to say I haven't tried the McLauren/BMW F1 cars either, as the Stealth was one of my favorites in GT5, but the handling/tuning issues in GT6 have so far scared me away from such cars. If you can throw me some PP requirements, and the tracks involved, I might can get more specific. :cheers:

I ended up buying the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11 and it did nothing for me on those races. Waste of money even though it's my favorite car manufacture. The pp limit is 650. It's a 5 race championship with these tracks: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Nurburgring GP/F and lastly the Suzuka Circuit.

The cars I own now are: Camaro Z28 '69(fully tuned), Vision Mercedes(fully tuned), Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car(fully tuned), and lastly the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11(fully tuned).

That sounds like a setup I'd use the Toyota 88 for. Just back off the LSD sensitivities and it'll be easier to control. For the tracks where you can really open up, this car will do over 230mph easily.

That sounds like a setup I'd use the Toyota 88 for. Just back off the LSD sensitivities and it'll be easier to control. For the tracks where you can really open up, this car will do over 230mph easily.

I ended up beating the first race gold and now i'm trying the others. I loved the 88 in GT5

With a PP limit of 720, I'd have tried it with a ZR-1 Race Car and failing that, pulled out the Toyota 88 again. The Corvette RMs were awesome in GT5; I think they've gotten a case of reality in GT6. If you can not just tame, but eliminate the rear-end swing-out, it's still a great car. I think my problem was I was tuning it in February before knowing the camber was messed up. You're reminding me what I need to go back and clean up, Thanks!:cheers:

With a PP limit of 720, I'd have tried it with a ZR-1 Race Car and failing that, pulled out the Toyota 88 again. The Corvette RMs were awesome in GT5; I think they've gotten a case of reality in GT6. If you can not just tame, but eliminate the rear-end swing-out, it's still a great car. I think my problem was I was tuning it in February before knowing the camber was messed up. You're reminding me what I need to go back and clean up, Thanks!:cheers:

I probably buy the Toyota 88 then. Thanks for the replies man!

For the SSRX race, the Auto Union Streamliner is unbeatable. I've actually won the SSR7 race in that thing too, but it was difficult since you have to use the e-brake on the hairpin.

SRT Viper GTS. Costs only 90000 cr. Fully tune it and you go 461 kph (286 mph) without drafting. While not as bizzarre like 320 mph, for a car that not even costs 100000 it's very impressive. With drafting it went up to 482 kph (300 mph) but it could've been much higher but after 300 mph i was in 1ste place, so i could'nt draft anymore + it was not even close of hitting the rev limiter

Edit: Whoops. Searched on best Like The Wind car before i bought the Viper, and i end up posting in a old thread after i won

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a road car with a tune that can suit Like The Wind races - High speed and the ability to turn and outclass Group C cars on SSR7. Needs to be a Road car

Thanks in advance!

P.S: If possible please leave a tune for that car. Thanks again! :)

Back