What's the best car for Like the Wind?

• Thread starter RIPCDE
  • 290 comments
Mercedes VGT Max Power Maximum top speed gearing. Will smoke the competition or the dodge viper. same as above full power upgrades tweak gearbox to top speed settings. Its all plain sailing after that. If you haven't passed all the competition before the top of the bridge, then there is something wrong with ya.

Mercedes VGT Max Power Maximum top speed gearing. Will smoke the competition or the dodge viper. same as above full power upgrades tweak gearbox to top speed settings. Its all plain sailing after that. If you haven't passed all the competition before the top of the bridge, then there is something wrong with ya.
I just wanna redo the event, it's fun. What about the R35?

That works, too, but you'll only be going about 255 MPH without slipstreaming. I use the Black Edition for the event.
The Ford GT goes 288 MPH.

I use this event for farming credits and for tuning cars for Wangan lobbies. I've got a whack load of cars tuned that can easily win this race.

Pretty much any car that can cruise at 240mph or higher without drafting can win this race without much effort. The fastest cars you go against top out around 230mph.

I'm not in front of my PS3 right now, but if you let me know what cars you're interested in, I'll see if I have a tune. If I don't, I can help you build one quickly.

The R35 can definitely win these races with ease.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a road car with a tune that can suit Like The Wind races - High speed and the ability to turn and outclass Group C cars on SSR7. Needs to be a Road car

Thanks in advance!

P.S: If possible please leave a tune for that car. Thanks again! :)
For the minimum credit game we used a McLaren F1 with:

Racing Hard tyres - 17,000cr
NA Tuning Stage 1 - 5,000cr
Sports ECU - 2,000cr
Oil change - 250cr

It was able to do all three Like the Wind races and win - though you might like to find an AI grid that doesn't include the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd 2005 for the SSR7 race.

So I beat the last 2 races with a fully built 2014 GT-R Nismo, but having issues with Indy. It takes 4 laps just to reach 6th. Should I use a different car or is there a set up I can use for this car???

So I beat the last 2 races with a fully built 2014 GT-R Nismo, but having issues with Indy. It takes 4 laps just to reach 6th. Should I use a different car or is there a set up I can use for this car???
I'd say get a wing and throw some downforce on it. I'd do about 25/75 f/r torque split and a mild suspension tune. I do t track tune or I'd give you one.

I used the Auto Union Type C on Route X fully upgraded with custom transmission.

Goes up to 293 mph without drafting when tuned right.

So I abandoned the Nismo and used the Chevy/ Chaparral concept that you get free and tuned it down to 50.2% power and beat indy with 26 second lead and half the field lapped on lap 4

I'm set for the first 2, but i need help on the Indy one. Any cars that can handle at high speeds besides the Chaparal 2j and the toyota 7?

GTP is a forum, not a chat room.
Sorry. Just letting people know.
was kind of curious, why is it your requesting 'road car' specifically?
You can use road/race/rally/gt300/gt500/LeMans, basically anything qualifies for 'Like the Wind'.

I was going to suggest, if you were trying to save money, there is the anniversary R18 if you like those. Easy wins.
Praiano has a decent set up if you dont have yours tuned yet.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X1WLGto81wA/UshUtAKdTbI/AAAAAAAAATk/4jzRSSTI930/s640/Audi R18 TDI 15 Anniv 11.jpg
I think they mean anything street legal. Like the gtr nismo or something like that.

Like the Wind Street Cars

Welcome to the Like the Wind Street Cars!

Please Choose your team:

Titan Speed Shop (2/2 available)
Car Colour: Feuerwehrrot
Wheels Colour: Super Black
Brake Manufacturer: Brembo (Rosso Brake Caliper Paint)

Colin Sports (2/2 available)
Car Colour: GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue
Wheels Colour: Yas Marina Blue
Brake Manufacturer: Wilwood (Black Brake Caliper Paint)

Curtiss Racing (2/2 available)
Car Colour: Ghost White
Wheels Colour: Bordeaux Mica
Brake Manufacturer: Endless (Satelite Silver Metallic Brake Caliper Paint)

Norfolk Speed Team (2/2 available)
Car Colour: British Racing Green
Wheels Colour: Shade Green
Brake Manufacturer: Project MU (Yas Marina Blue Brake Caliper Paint)

Xtreme Racing 1 (i will be in this team. 1/2 available)
Car Colour: White Pearl Crystal Shine
Wheels Colour: Super Black
Brake Manufacturer: Brembo (Read Titan Speed Shop for the colour to represent Brembo Brakes)

Xtreme Racing 2 (2/2 available)
Car Colour: Super Black
Wheels Colour: White Pearl Crystal Shine
Brake Manufacturer: Endless (Read Curtiss Racing for the colour to represent Endless Brakes)

AMS Motorsports (2/2 available)
Car: AMS Alpha Omega R35 GT-R Replica

Ermac Motorsport (2/2 available)
Colour Scheme: Ermac's Colour Scheme
Brake Manufacturer: PDI (Giallo Sole)

TRACK 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (5 Laps)
TRACK 2: Daytona Superspeedway (5 Laps)
TRACK 3: Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway (5 Laps)
TRACK 4: Special Stage Route 7 (1 Lap Rolling Start)
TRACK 5: Special Stage Route X (1 Lap)

PP: 700 or Less
Tires: Sports: Soft Or Less
Category: Normal Car
Start Type: X2 File Rolling Start (Route 7: Rolling Start)
Team Members: Maximum 2 (Leader and Teammate)
All others: LTW Style
Schedule: February 1st-March 12 2015

PENALTIES:
The Penalties varies such as:
Ballast Penalty: the winning car will be forced to add 10 kilograms of the car weight
Power Penalty: the winning car will be forced to reduce power by 5%
Stripping Penalty: the most cheating car will be forced to become completely stock (removing all performance modifications and visual modifications)
Reprimand: the driver with most incidents and cheats will be reprimanded for 2 races (except for reprimanded drivers after the Motegi race, in which the Route X race requires all drivers, even reprimanded drivers. In which the driver will not allowed to enter the Route 7 race)

(Later, i will show you the team car samples)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

i'm just wondering wich car you best can use to win these three races.
i've used the Mazda LM55 Vision GT car (no tune),but can only manage to win the first race.
can somebody help me out?
also using the controller,have no steering wheel in my possession.

I won two of these easily with the Bugatti Veyron...but had to use the Mercedes Sauber for Indy. Just couldn't get anything better than 3 with the Veyron on that track.

I won using Lamborghini Aventador with ease, and I use it on B-Spec races to rack some money. I don't recomend using it though.

I'm set for the first 2, but i need help on the Indy one. Any cars that can handle at high speeds besides the Chaparal 2j and the toyota 7?
With the update they just put out, you can use b-spec and set it to the highest pace level there is and then sit back. I finished all 5 laps in 3:33:625 without even touching the controller and with the 200% modifier that makes for good easy money. I've found that the Chevrolet chaparral 2X is the best car for this as it hits the same top speed no matter the power level.

Was pretty easy with a Ford GT.

The V8 TT M5 is in GT6 right? Ill get that car and fully mod to see if it can run with LMP cars.

Won the route X with a wagon, tuned to the max, and use slipstream...

Special%20Stage%20Route%20X_1-X2.jpg

Special%20Stage%20Route%20X_2-X2.jpg

Last edited:
What i found works best is @shmogt 's tune for the pagani huayra. Go to teamshmo.com and go to track and click the huayra and there is a top speed tune where my b spec drivers best lap on ssrx was a 3:58.691 if i remember the .*** correctly.

Back