What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
Trying to make a back-up for my savegame I made my biggest mistake.

I switched memory cards and saved to the other card, then switched the cards back kept on playing and saved again. I did get a warning, but chose to ignore. After restarting I found out that all my cars where gone from my garage, except the one I was driving in at that time (GSX). Ouch.

This was July of 2007. My garage still isn't fully recovered.

switching off, while saving. everything was gone and i had to start all over again. i better save my 100%...

This happened to me at 93.7% 👎

It's sad that you lose ALL your progress with a single tap of a button...
Now im using a backup save,i'm at 39.6% now,a long way back up

Selling the toyota rally car that you can get early in the game and selling it for big bux because some guy said the game was better with more money, after five minutes with this amount of money i restarted.

That I choose Ford Focus RS to be my tuning car of choice. Taking example from real life RSs I bought the upgrades, turbos, chips, wings and all. Such a dissapointment. Wheelspin, turbo lag, numb brakes, understeer by the load... you name it. :ouch:

My biggest mistake has got to be when I was doing the Gran Turismo Championship, I drove straight from the first race to the last without saving which the game froze during the credits. All my efforts wasted just like that :ouch:

So from now on, I'll learn to play and save my progress.

I think I just made my biggest mistake. I'm about 70% through my main game, but decided to stat a second one from the beginning, just to revisit some of the early challenges.

So, the mistake I've made was thinking I could use the Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept ’02 (prize car from the domestic A/all bronze license) to work my way through the early stages of the game; specifically the money-making Capri Rally Easy. I sold the VW Lupo prize car and added the initial game $10k to upgrade the Pontiac but it stayed weak and cumbersome.

I recovered from this mistake by selling the Autobianchi A112 Abarth ’79 (from the Sunday Cup) and bought a used Lancer Evo that can win Capri in stock set-up.

As many of you know, once you win Capri Easy and get the Toyota Rally car, you can keep winning them and selling them for a quarter million each.

I think the biggest mistake I've ever made was getting a little too overconfident then went a little too fast going around the corner and going off the track into the sand trap. It was during a endurance race, I don't remember which one. Might of been the 4 Hour Roadster race.

Letting B-Spec run and then later on realizing I had the wrong tires on.

Needless to say, I came last.

Honestly,play it properly I got a cheat disk with it and had every car minus the enduro prizes within a couple weeks..with 5 I have done it all legit,no X10 crap unless I'm drunk.:P

I thought i could beat the world record. in the nurburgring with the f1car.driven by holl01.what an epic fail.but got my self a 4'45.and will clean up to 4'43.

I think my biggest mistake was selling all my cars at one point early-ish in the game to test out an expensive car I was considering buying, only to forget to turn off the autosave...

Was not a happy day. At least I could buy them back easily though... I mean we're not talking about GT5 here.

Saving my main game on a 3rd party maemory card. Came back to it a couple of months later and had 1 car and over 10 million$.

Modding the CTR Yellow bird and putting it in the nurburgring 24 hour race. Came back from school I was in dead last and the car that was in 5th had a lead on me by 7 laps :grumpy:

I was playing Sarthe circruit endurance with no chicanes.
I used B-spec. When i was at 19 hours, i paused it and went to kitchen to drink some water. When i come back, i decided to go to sleep. It was evening, so i was little tired. I was supposed to put the Bob to win the race when i was sleeping. And guess what? Yep, i turned the console off without thinking anything. When i realised that i turned the game off and lost the race, i was like: "Oh god....no no no! IM IDIOT! :ouch: So, that was my fail.
PS: If there is some grammar mistakes at my post, it is because im tired....

I was playing Sarthe circruit endurance with no chicanes.
I used B-spec. When i was at 19 hours, i paused it and went to kitchen to drink some water. When i come back, i decided to go to sleep. It was evening, so i was little tired. I was supposed to put the Bob to win the race when i was sleeping. And guess what? Yep, i turned the console off without thinking anything. When i realised that i turned the game off and lost the race, i was like: "Oh god....no no no! IM IDIOT! :ouch: So, that was my fail.
PS: If there is some grammar mistakes at my post, it is because im tired....

damn, I hate doing that as well! :grumpy: or worse yet, if you're in a hurry to turn of your PS2. I was done racing a couple endurances, and I had to go to school (from Sunday to Monday, B-Spec'd when sleeping). I was getting late, so I quickly headed back to the Map Screen so I could auto save. I turned my PS2 off in the middle of when it was saving, corrupting my file 👎👎👎

I wanted to start a new career in GT4 but without having to do those annoying license tests again in Gold. I had always a backup for the first 3% of the game-completition, so that I am always free to chose, which race I'd like to do first. However, instead of copying the savegame, which was a backup, to the 2nd memory card, I deleted it. I'd like to mention at this point, that I was on the phone at the same time. :D After deleting, I was thinking that I had copied it, but there was no savegame there. I was so swearing, that I decided to buy a cheat device (Acton Replay Max) to regain the gold trophys and prize cars as well for the license tests.

On the lucky side, my license replays were still there, so doing all the tests in gold again would be pointless :P

Back