• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments

Fyshokid

Some guy
Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Fyshokid
What's the biggest mistake you ever did in GT4. It doesn't need to be in a race, just something in the game

Mine would be that I tried to win mission 34 by ramming the 300SL in the front but missed and hit the wall... 5 second penalty... 4... 3... 2... 1:ouch:

What's you're biggest mistake?:)

My biggest mistake playing GT4. Was giving my controller to my friend when a Camaro was riding my ass in the Last N/A race. I was on the last lap, when my friend said "I could own that Camaro!" I thought he could atleast have a chance, so I gave it to him. He was doing really good, on the last lap, when we were in front of the Finish line. To do the imfamous 360* spin.

....He stopped a few feet away, and I had to start the race over again....

Never making that Mistake again.

Selling my HPA Golf that was fully maxxed out it was my best car funnily enough it was also my first.... gosh I must do an update in my gallery to honour such a brilliant car.

If this was about GT3 I would say trading my MX-5 in for a Fiat Coupe which was rubbish and made my brother throw up whilst driving it..enough said.

ehhhh

i used the maxdrive to save my 96,4% 150m credit 700+ car gamesave, but when i needed it after a corrupt data situation i found out that i backed up the wrong gamesave :yuck: :grumpy:

Eighteen hours in the Nurb. 24 hour race I was playing with the gas pedal and told my pit crew not to put any more gas into the car. Halfway through the next lap I ran out, race was pretty much over by that point.

My biggest mistake? Thinking that you didn't have to get all golds in championship races (not single races). I thought I had finally completed the game a week ago, but when I finished that final endurance race I noticed I still had no black FGT and my percentage was at 97.5% :ouch:

My biggest mistake was, to not gold all the licenses at one shot. I could've had a far better car to start the game, and not worried about modding my VW Lupo :indiff:

And BTW, yay! this is my first post! :)

2 actually, spending 10 hours, yes 10 hours on it :grumpy:
and turning my PS2 off while it was auto saving :(

When I bought the game (day it came out in the U.S.) I played and played.
Eventually I made my way to 50% complete and hadn't sold a single car I won. Hadn't sold a single car at all. 👍

However, I wanted to unlock everything possible in Arcade mode. So what I did over the next 50% of the game's completition was sell everything I had, buy new stuff, use it one day, then sell it all off again to repeat the cycle.

Sure I've got every race car in the game unlocked in arcade mode (every jgtc, touring, LM, everything except 1 pescarolo) but I don't have much of that stuff in GT mode.

In GT Mode I've got plenty of race cars and pretty much all the ones I want but had I never sold my cars originally, I'd probably have every single race car in GT Mode as well as Arcade mode.

A blessing and a curse.
I've got all the racers in the game in Arcade mode but I had to sacrifice the GT mode cars to do so. :ouch:

As I said though, I've made it out of that hole and I've got quite a nice garage now. :D

What's the biggest mistake you ever did in GT4?
TIE:
  1. When I first played the game, I was not aware of the "Black Beauties" until after I had already passed day 700... so it was a long wait before I was able to get my hands on them. :grumpy:

2. When I lent a friend what I thought was the memory card that had my game save that I use for testing purposes, but instead it was the memory card that had my game save from my recent New Career Challenge... by the time I figured it out it was too late, he had already saved over it. :ouch:

Spending $250,000 or so on the Caterham, only to then find out you can't use it.
You can still use it, just not against the AI, which some don't like any way so no harm no fowl. ;)

I agree though, it makes no sense why this car as well as the Prowler are classified as special cars that cannot be raced against the AI.

Still, it is fun just the same racing it on the various tracks and comparing your times with other cars. At the end of the day, that's all any of us are doing anyway when we play GT4. I'm much more interested in learning how to get the most out of a car, and how each handles the various tracks then I am racing against five AI cars on the same track at the same time. :)

Also, it is still worth having for 1 vs 1 racing in arcade mode... which IMO is the best thing about arcade mode, as you get to race against a real opponent.

You can still use it, just not against the AI, which some don't like any way so no fowl no harm. ;)
Its not that. I was expecting to be able to enter races against LMP cars and have a potential chance to walk away the victor. I was disappointed.
Digital-Nitrate
I agree though, it makes no sense why this car is classified as a special car that cannot be raced against the AI.
I understand why it was done, but I simply can not fathom why PD didn't label it as such in either the garage screen or the cars purchase screen. This goes for all of the non-racables as well.

Forgetting to give my 350Z LM car and F1 car an oil change before I race them, thats just as big to me as me buying all the turbo's for one car thinking I had to buy them in order (stupid me) thats was a while back though.

Playing 24 hr Sarthe I when I could've used gameshark to make the gas and tires unlimted so i wouldn't have to keep switching it back to x3 time.

Forgetting to give my 350Z LM car and F1 car an oil change before I race them, thats just as big to me as me buying all the turbo's for one car thinking I had to buy them in order (stupid me) thats was a while back though.

Dont worry about the F1 car, you can't give it new oil and the engine doesn't loose any HP :)

In the GTWorld Champs, i thought i didnt need to do the series race, so i did all of them indivdual and realized that you had to do them in the series :nervous:

Back