What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
IA-16 GT4- It was not hard to get the target time, but the sheer fact I always went off the road just by clipping the grass:mad:
Time of my life I will never get back:indiff:

It'd be interesting to see how GT1 and GT2 stack up in comparison, but good luck getting data on that.

Yeah thats the problem. My results also depend on how competitive the rankings are.
A faster P.1 time makes the license easyer with my calculation. So a weak competition on the leaderbord would make it look very difficult. I don´t know if there were already "professional" TTs in GT1 and GT2 days.

For me the only event where I never made the Gold time where the 3 Vettel Challanges in GT5.

Been playing since GT2 and made all gold times, always with controller.
Sometimes after a lot of time, can remember the licence test with the Toyota GT car in Monaco :ouch: (that did cost me a controller :grumpy:).

Also the licence test in Tourist Throphy with a full lap of Suzuka, (can't remember the bike) that also took about 2 weeks of practice.

I am actually happy we now finally have a challange in GT6 because up to now it has been quite easy.
At the moment only 0.6 seconds of the gold time with the Lotus F1 on Brands. With DS3 and only ABS 1.
So will get there eventually. What fun is it if you get gold in half an hour?

The only hard part at the Driving Mission 34 is the waiting time ;)
The mission itself isn't that difficult. I had only a few tries on the PAL Version, but it took me a bit longer on the NTSC Version to beat the SL300. And The license tests weren't that difficult. IA15 was quite easy to archieve Gold, since the target time of 9+ minutes was quite generous of PD. But I must admit, that the Targets for Gold from GT1-GT3 were very limited and there was nearly perfect driving required.

The hardest thing in GT6 for me was the X-Bow coffee break. Until I figured out it was one of the few events where driving aids helped.
In old GT1 and GT2 I never golded the slalom licenses.

I'll nominate a real oddball - the original GT, B licence, test B-3: Basics Of Cornering 1. Everything ever since has been a matter of skill and practice but that one was pure luck or so it at least seemed, I think I had golded everything else in GT and GT2 before I got the cursed B-3 which was supposed to be the very first, the easiest possible test in which one had to actually turn the car.

The honourable mentions from each game:

GT: IA-7, the combination of a Griffith and SSR11 is guaranteed to be hard
GT2: S-7, S-9, S-10, especially S-9 stands out thanks to the track being such an oddball one
GT3: nothing really stands out, I actually golded everything twice but the NSX at Tokyo time trial was among the hardest
GT4: again nothing really stands out, I actually used to do M11, M34 and S-16 for fun because a decent run gave gold every time...
GT5: Vettel challenges, no doubt. I golded them with the original requirements, as well as the S licence, the Grand Tour night race in its first version and the 24h A-Spec endurances before pit saves became available.
GT6: once more nothing stands out, karts are pretty tough though and the Red Bull Juniors are just weird to drive so those are my picks

GT3 Licence Tests . lets just say i snapped one contoller in half

GT5 Vettel Challenges , I still hate driving on the Nurburgring GP Circuit , still gives me cold sweats , I got so annoyed with the Original time before the update that I actually twisted a controller in half in rage . I was 2/10ths off the Bronze time after nearly 7 straight hours of playing , 4 hours later I still couldn't get anywhere near the time .

I should mention I am just a average player anytime I got Gold in any other GT ( i have played all 6 versions so far) Licence test it was cause for celebration and usually followed by disbelief on my part .

The hardest one I can remember was that last mission race in GT4, or at least I think it was the last one where you have the SLR on Nurburgring giving the old 300SL a 3 minute head start. I thought that was much harder than anything I have saw in GT6.

In GT5 I guess the hardest thing was gold on the X1 events, Note: I did the X1 stuff with the original requirements, took me about half an hour to even get bronze on Suzuka. Of course I had only been using a wheel for a couple of months and was using 100% FFB then so that may have made it seem a bit harder.

This years GT Academy final round, the GT-R at Spa Francorchamps, using a DS3. I've been on it all day today and I've only just got gold by half a second. It's not difficult with a wheel but on DS3 it's very difficult to keep it pinned going up Eau Rouge.

Gran Turismo 2 Historic Car Cup, I don't recall what track was it, but in one of the events, a Ford GT40 would appear as an opponent, the car which was way too over the power restriction of the events, making it almost impossible to win it.

Every License Test and Special Event in GT5, every Driving Challenge event in GT PSP, the Coffee Break events in GT6, Mission races in International A and above, some of the license tests from there (e.g. the one in Ascari with the Bugatti Veyron) and the Brands Hatch Time Trial with the 97T. I'm gonna die repeating these events again and again if I still don't get the gold medal. And they were done all using a controller and no steering wheel- a challenge for the brave.

I almost got exhausted using all the curse words I could ever imagine and repeating them over and over again (both the events and the cursing, like there's no tomorrow).

Last thing I need to get the platinum trophy for GT6 is to get the Autobarmy trophy, but I'm lazy to play GT6 because of other games (WipEout, Forza, NFS, PCARS, etc.)

Last edited:
The hardest for me were the Vettel challenges in GT5. I only use a dual shock 3 controller so the best i could gold was the Monza track but bronze in the 2 others.

The hardest for me were the Vettel challenges in GT5. I only use a dual shock 3 controller so the best i could gold was the Monza track but bronze in the 2 others.
Gold in Monza with a DS3? Nice, I managed to gold Monza with my wheel (Ferrari Thrustmaster) but when I tried Suzuka and Nurburgring it was really tough.. I'll have to give it a shot again soon..

The funny thing about the Speedster race is that all of the AI cars were tuned to a level higher than the player could possibly achieve himself.
Oh yeah, I remember tuning my car to be competitive

I have played all Gran Turismo (except GT PSP) from when they released GT1 until now at GT6. now this is some of my hardest event for me in Gran Turismo.

The mission race 34 is the hardest event in gt4 where you have to wait 112 or 128 waiting while the first car is away from me. i spend weeks after weeks after week and after that i completed all the mission races in gt4.

In GT5 the Red Bull x challenge is the hardest thing. i also playing it trying to get gold for months.

In GT6 however...............................................(piece of pie).

Vettel at suzuka,, the other vettel Challenges aren't that hard after some practise in GT5 Mission 34 in GT4 was a bit hard at first, Nürburgring is my "home race track" now, so I am just happy for all Challenges there nowadays..

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, I don't remember exactly which license test it was, I'm pretty sure it was a super license test, but I remember trying for days to beat a section of the Nordschleife in a Mazda RX-7 Bathurst in GT4. By far the hardest GT challenge I can remember, even on a wheel.

Last edited:
I'll nominate a real oddball - the original GT, B licence, test B-3: Basics Of Cornering 1. Everything ever since has been a matter of skill and practice but that one was pure luck or so it at least seemed, I think I had golded everything else in GT and GT2 before I got the cursed B-3 which was supposed to be the very first, the easiest possible test in which one had to actually turn the car.

Yes! With the Del Sol? I did that one over and over and never got gold. Wonder if it would be easier now.

For me it was Mission 34 in GT4. Much has been said already, but here's mine: I bought a Mercedes-McLaren SLR, skipped the oil change and drove miles and miles at the 'Ring on Sports Hards. I would attempt the mission and if I didn't get in in 3-4 attempts I'd go back to time trailing. This went on for a month. When I finally beat it, I was left with a silver SLR covered in filth in my garage, with hundreds of miles on it that I never sold and never drove again. The ultimate trophy.

Another one: in GT5 there was a simple acceleration and braking test in the GT-R (IB-1: Wet Road Stopping Challenge). By the time I got serious about getting Golds on the license tests, about a year after the release, PD had changed the game making this impossible to get gold. I think it was a physics change or disabling ABS. It was no longer possible to stop in time. I ended up getting gold by triggering a spin while braking, and coming to a stop with some help from a barrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it was Mission 34 in GT4. Much has been said already, but here's mine: I bought a Mercedes-McLaren SLR, skipped the oil change and drove miles and miles at the 'Ring on Sports Hards. I would attempt the mission and if I didn't get in in 3-4 attempts I'd go back to time trailing. This went on for a month. When I finally beat it, I was left with a silver SLR covered in filth in my garage, with hundreds of miles on it that I never sold and never drove again. The ultimate trophy.

Another one: in GT5 there was a simple acceleration and braking test in the GT-R (IB-1: Wet Road Stopping Challenge). By the time I got serious about getting Golds on the license tests, about a year after the release, PD had changed the game making this impossible to get gold. I think it was a physics change or disabling ABS. It was no longer possible to stop in time. I ended up getting gold by triggering a spin while braking, and coming to a stop with some help from a barrier.
Cross that line in first, was...like a dream...(in a saturday morning)

Yes! With the Del Sol? I did that one over and over and never got gold. Wonder if it would be easier now.

That exact test. The last time I tried it was at some point during GT4 (by which time I had played the GT series for around ten years already) and no, it wasn't any easier. No idea how I managed to gold it back then but I'm happy I did because it would be pretty embarrassing to have golded everything during the past 15 years but the very first corner of the very first game.

I would pick a GT1 or GT2 license test (maybe a S license GT2 one)... the main difficulty for me was coming from the lack of force feedback steering wheel compatibility !

Clearly Mission 34 on GT4, I never completed it but i was using the Controller back then, I could do it now though I reckon.

Latest Posts

Back