What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
Dont get the fuss with brands and senna. did it on lap 5 with a DS3.

hardest for me was the final slip streaming challenge around the test track in skylines in GT4

Yeah that was a surgery's moves to stay behind the other Skylines.

For me the hardest challenge was the Nissan Skyline at Trial Mountain on GT3...I had no problem doing it on GT4 but it seems that the time limit on GT3 was so much tighter...I once threw my controller at the TV out of frustration at that event...Mission 34 on GT4 is another one I can't get...everything else seems so easy other than those two...

Oh by the way...sorry for not posting for ages...college has taken up lots of time...

In light of the horribly difficult 97T Brands Hatch time trial, what do people think are most difficult events in the history of Gran Turismo?

My vote would go to the X time trials of GT5. Even getting bronze had me nearly crushing my DS3 in my hands due to effort and concentration :lol:
I would have to say the S license in GT3 using the GTOne in Monaco

Haven't seen many mention mission 34 on the NTSC version of GT4, harder than anything else they have thrown at us (i believe the PAL version was easier though) Best I had seen it beat clean was like by only ~ 2seconds, and thats after 8 minutes of driving on the ring :)

The GT5 Vettel challenges (which I golded with DS3) were easier than the Lotus 97T Brands Hatch which is barely silver still.

Though it could be that I don't like Brands Hatch as a track at all...

R you kidding me ?? Veyron at Ascari, my personal Best is 1:18 and I've seen times 1:15 on youtube, NONE of the S Challenges on GT2/3 was even beraly possible to lap more then 2s lower of the gold time

Maybe that's you, but it was difficult around a new track with a car that handles like a boat. Though I did eventually gold it, but then, it wasn't my #1.

The GT5 Vettel challenges (which I golded with DS3) were easier than the Lotus 97T Brands Hatch which is barely silver still.

Though it could be that I don't like Brands Hatch as a track at all...
It's funny that, I only golded one of the Vettel X events on GT5 and yet I'm almost running 1:03s at Brands Hatch also with a DS3.
Maybe I'm better suited to old school F1 racers. :)

Haven't seen many mention mission 34 on the NTSC version of GT4, harder than anything else they have thrown at us (i believe the PAL version was easier though) Best I had seen it beat clean was like by only ~ 2seconds, and thats after 8 minutes of driving on the ring :)

I did the event today, I sorta 'helped' the mercedes out of the way in a last turn dive bomb. Not a clean run at all. I figure if someone really wanted to waste a week of your life, an alien could best it by at least 5 seconds.

Since I never got a PS3, my response becomes a bit more archaic, but Mission 34,/ GT4 Mission 12(? The drafting R-34's mission)/ GT4, The RUF RGT Complex String challenge in GT3 Arcade was a total bastard because you couldn't turn the assistances off..

I got 1.7 seconds faster in the Lotus 97T at Brands Hatch challenge, using G27, clutch, H-Pattern-Gearshift, no aids (not even ABS)

In fact I will only every always use clutch in the Senna cars as a little tribute.

The entirety of Gran Turismo 4. That game's been out for 9 years now and I've still only gotten to c.70% completion. Admittedly I don't play it as much as I used to, what with there being 2 newer Gran Turismo titles, 2 3D Sonic games that were actually good, and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl being released in the intervening years. Oh, and this friend of mine introduced me to this thing called Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the rest is history, as my signature can attest.

If I had to pick an individual event though, driving mission 23.

GT4P - Takata Dome NSX 2 lap run around New York?
I only got silver in that. To this day I still haven't unlocked the blue-license Gold prize car.

It's funny that, I only golded one of the Vettel X events on GT5 and yet I'm almost running 1:03s at Brands Hatch also with a DS3.
Maybe I'm better suited to old school F1 racers. :)

Probably.

I had enough practise driving fast and precise (imaginary car) when getting Wipeout HD platinum. (Transcendence)

The Vettel X events in gt5 far and away the hardest for sure. I only ever golded them once and even then that took months and a few DS3 controllers. That mongrel car and no room for error:banghead:

GT5's Used Car list
- When you discovered that you had to find 14 million in 3 days or else lose the chance to buy a second hand Chaparral (Rare as Hen's teeth) until the next total eclipse (with simultaneous conjunction with the planet Mars) in a mere 21,098 game days time.

I've never understood how something that only had ~2 corners could be so tricky.
It's one of those tricky tests that makes it look simple in theory but quite frustrating in practice, you so much as go an inch too wide and your in the rock face.
I lost more time trying (and eventually succeeding :D) to gold it than golding every other GT3 test.

That's probably because the PAL version wasn't nearly as evil as NTSC. I think I had to cheat (cut the track a bit) to get through it. Man, now I want to plug in the PS2 and try it again after the years.

Mission 34 in GT4 was the hardest, until I beat it. :mischievous:

Then I could do it over and over for pleasure, as well as beat the rally cars at Costa di Amalfi with basic street cars.

Then I learned that I wasn't some 'super-god' of a driver, the A.I. in GT just sucked :lol:

Mission 34. No question. I remember most people couldn't beat it. And if I remember correctly the PAL version was easier to accomplish the mission. Can't remember if it was the time that was lower or the car was faster. I found that out when I went online looking for tips on how to beat that.
Another License test that I found hard was the GT-one around Monaco..that was when I started using manual shift - I learned with that track/car combo, and I found out it cut my time down significantly.

There was one more license test I vaguely remember - it was GT1 or 2 and you came down a big hill, went up a hill and at the top turned left...don't even know the track or car, but it was bloody hard to get gold. It can still visualize that track :banghead:

Those special license test's in Gran Turismo 3 bare a mark in my mind. I was about 7 at the time so maybe today they wouldn't be so daunting, but if no one has already mentioned the 24 hours of Le Mans/Nurburgring endurance race's on GT5 I'd be surprised. If anyone here could honestly tell me they completed those event's then I'd be seriously surprised. I mean you can have all the time trials and hot lap challenges you want, but sitting in one spot doing the same thing for 24 hours straight, no chance mate.

Mission 34. No question. I remember most people couldn't beat it. And if I remember correctly the PAL version was easier to accomplish the mission. Can't remember if it was the time that was lower or the car was faster. I found that out when I went online looking for tips on how to beat that.
Another License test that I found hard was the GT-one around Monaco..that was when I started using manual shift - I learned with that track/car combo, and I found out it cut my time down significantly.

There was one more license test I vaguely remember - it was GT1 or 2 and you came down a big hill, went up a hill and at the top turned left...don't even know the track or car, but it was bloody hard to get gold. It can still visualize that track :banghead:
It was a copy of Spa's Eau Rouge corner and it was done in both a TVR Griffith 500 and the Toyota GT-One race car, International A if I recall. ;)

GT6 has been easy so far, except for that damn last senna challenge (silver is cool, who needs gold anyway? :lol:). I've seen some people complaining about the last goodwood challenge but i thought it was pretty easy, GT5 had much more impossible challenges, the most obvious being the seb vettel challenges and the ****ing top gear lotus challenge :banghead:. I never got to play GT4 back in the day but seeing all of these posts makes me want to fix my old fat-ass PS2 and find a copy of the game on ebay.

Some of the license tests in the early games were very hard, but the Vettel challenge at nurburgring in GT5 was the hardest for me in the more recent games.

The 97T at Brands is relatively simple by comparisson.

How did people find the X Chalenges so hard? I remember golding these fairly easy

IA Mission 1 Toyota Supra in Suzuka Circuit GT6

I think it's only professional F1 driver can play it.

I only miss 0.003 seconds to the gold, but GT6 didn't give some tolerant. Damn Nissan blocks my way!

Back