What's the hardest event in GT history?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by SCER, May 31, 2014.

?

Which is hardest?

1. GT2 Licence IC-3: NSX at Apricot Hill

1.2%
  2. GT3 Licence S-6 : Viper Team Oreca at Laguna Seca

3.0%
  3. GT3 Licence S-8: Toyota GT-One at Monaco

4.4%
  4. GT4 Licence IA-16: Nissan R92CP at Le Mans

0.7%
  5. GT3 Time Attack 10: Ruf RGT at Complex String

2.8%
  6. GT5 Sebastien Vettel X challenge: Suzuka

37.2%
  7. GT4 Mission race 34: SLR at the Nurburgring

21.5%
  8. GT4 Mission race 23: Nissan Skyline at Test Course

3.3%
  9. GT6 GT Academy Final Round: GT3 GT-R at Spa

2.3%
  10. GT6: Licence S-5: Veyron at Ascari

4.9%
  11. GT5 Alfa Romeo 8C at Eiger Nordwand

4.0%
  12. GT4 Opel Speedster Trophy

3.3%
  13. GT4 Peugeot 206 Cup

0.9%
  14. GT4 Formula GT World Championship

3.5%
  15. GT5 B-Spec events at Monaco (lol)

6.8%
  1. giorgos21

giorgos21

Yeah that was a surgery's moves to stay behind the other Skylines.

2. Petrolhead1

Petrolhead1

For me the hardest challenge was the Nissan Skyline at Trial Mountain on GT3...I had no problem doing it on GT4 but it seems that the time limit on GT3 was so much tighter...I once threw my controller at the TV out of frustration at that event...Mission 34 on GT4 is another one I can't get...everything else seems so easy other than those two...

Oh by the way...sorry for not posting for ages...college has taken up lots of time...

daan likes this.
  3. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

X challenges by far from GT5.

97T was not that hard and I beat all the times fairly quickly.

4. Chinqu

Chinqu

I would have to say the S license in GT3 using the GTOne in Monaco

Conspicuus likes this.
  5. z06fun

z06fun

Haven't seen many mention mission 34 on the NTSC version of GT4, harder than anything else they have thrown at us (i believe the PAL version was easier though) Best I had seen it beat clean was like by only ~ 2seconds, and thats after 8 minutes of driving on the ring :)

mr_lab_rat likes this.
  6. Chrix12

Chrix12

The GT5 Vettel challenges (which I golded with DS3) were easier than the Lotus 97T Brands Hatch which is barely silver still.

Though it could be that I don't like Brands Hatch as a track at all...

7. f40

f40

Maybe that's you, but it was difficult around a new track with a car that handles like a boat. Though I did eventually gold it, but then, it wasn't my #1.

Confi-User-3 likes this.
  8. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

It's funny that, I only golded one of the Vettel X events on GT5 and yet I'm almost running 1:03s at Brands Hatch also with a DS3.
    Maybe I'm better suited to old school F1 racers. :)

Chinqu likes this.
  9. carracerptp

carracerptp

I did the event today, I sorta 'helped' the mercedes out of the way in a last turn dive bomb. Not a clean run at all. I figure if someone really wanted to waste a week of your life, an alien could best it by at least 5 seconds.

10. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

Since I never got a PS3, my response becomes a bit more archaic, but Mission 34,/ GT4 Mission 12(? The drafting R-34's mission)/ GT4, The RUF RGT Complex String challenge in GT3 Arcade was a total bastard because you couldn't turn the assistances off..

11. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

I got 1.7 seconds faster in the Lotus 97T at Brands Hatch challenge, using G27, clutch, H-Pattern-Gearshift, no aids (not even ABS)

In fact I will only every always use clutch in the Senna cars as a little tribute.

12. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

The entirety of Gran Turismo 4. That game's been out for 9 years now and I've still only gotten to c.70% completion. Admittedly I don't play it as much as I used to, what with there being 2 newer Gran Turismo titles, 2 3D Sonic games that were actually good, and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl being released in the intervening years. Oh, and this friend of mine introduced me to this thing called Neon Genesis Evangelion, and the rest is history, as my signature can attest.

If I had to pick an individual event though, driving mission 23.

Intronium likes this.
  13. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

GT4P - Takata Dome NSX 2 lap run around New York?
    I only got silver in that. To this day I still haven't unlocked the blue-license Gold prize car.

14. Chrix12

Chrix12

Probably.

I had enough practise driving fast and precise (imaginary car) when getting Wipeout HD platinum. (Transcendence)

15. daan

daan Moderator

I've never understood how something that only had ~2 corners could be so tricky.

MisterWeary likes this.
  16. Chris___75

Chris___75

The Vettel X events in gt5 far and away the hardest for sure. I only ever golded them once and even then that took months and a few DS3 controllers. That mongrel car and no room for error:banghead:

17. Ryk

Ryk

GT5's Used Car list
    - When you discovered that you had to find 14 million in 3 days or else lose the chance to buy a second hand Chaparral (Rare as Hen's teeth) until the next total eclipse (with simultaneous conjunction with the planet Mars) in a mere 21,098 game days time.

giorgos21 and GTracer98 like this.
  18. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

It's one of those tricky tests that makes it look simple in theory but quite frustrating in practice, you so much as go an inch too wide and your in the rock face.
    I lost more time trying (and eventually succeeding :D) to gold it than golding every other GT3 test.

19. TexasTyme214

TexasTyme214

Oh, yeah! I remember this being a particularly difficult event.

20. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

That's probably because the PAL version wasn't nearly as evil as NTSC. I think I had to cheat (cut the track a bit) to get through it. Man, now I want to plug in the PS2 and try it again after the years.

21. j_ivan86

j_ivan86

What about the Mercedes magic lap in misión race in GT4. In my opinion was the most difficult race.

22. Kurei

Kurei

Mission 34 in GT4 was the hardest, until I beat it. :mischievous:

Then I could do it over and over for pleasure, as well as beat the rally cars at Costa di Amalfi with basic street cars.

Then I learned that I wasn't some 'super-god' of a driver, the A.I. in GT just sucked :lol:

Ryk and CarBastard like this.
  23. Benny44

Benny44

Mission 34. No question. I remember most people couldn't beat it. And if I remember correctly the PAL version was easier to accomplish the mission. Can't remember if it was the time that was lower or the car was faster. I found that out when I went online looking for tips on how to beat that.
    Another License test that I found hard was the GT-one around Monaco..that was when I started using manual shift - I learned with that track/car combo, and I found out it cut my time down significantly.

There was one more license test I vaguely remember - it was GT1 or 2 and you came down a big hill, went up a hill and at the top turned left...don't even know the track or car, but it was bloody hard to get gold. It can still visualize that track :banghead:

Intronium likes this.
  24. Chris123

Chris123

Those special license test's in Gran Turismo 3 bare a mark in my mind. I was about 7 at the time so maybe today they wouldn't be so daunting, but if no one has already mentioned the 24 hours of Le Mans/Nurburgring endurance race's on GT5 I'd be surprised. If anyone here could honestly tell me they completed those event's then I'd be seriously surprised. I mean you can have all the time trials and hot lap challenges you want, but sitting in one spot doing the same thing for 24 hours straight, no chance mate.

25. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

It was a copy of Spa's Eau Rouge corner and it was done in both a TVR Griffith 500 and the Toyota GT-One race car, International A if I recall. ;)

Benny44 likes this.
  26. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

What track has that corner?? :O I don't play GT3 so I missed out on some of their gems.

27. Leoz96

Leoz96

GT6 has been easy so far, except for that damn last senna challenge (silver is cool, who needs gold anyway? :lol:). I've seen some people complaining about the last goodwood challenge but i thought it was pretty easy, GT5 had much more impossible challenges, the most obvious being the seb vettel challenges and the ****ing top gear lotus challenge :banghead:. I never got to play GT4 back in the day but seeing all of these posts makes me want to fix my old fat-ass PS2 and find a copy of the game on ebay.

28. Theace37

Theace37

How did people find the X Chalenges so hard? I remember golding these fairly easy

29. LAiKA787SV

LAiKA787SV

IA Mission 1 Toyota Supra in Suzuka Circuit GT6

I think it's only professional F1 driver can play it.

I only miss 0.003 seconds to the gold, but GT6 didn't give some tolerant. Damn Nissan blocks my way!

30. dimassa19

dimassa19

GT4, Mission 34...(full concentration in seven minutes)

diegorborges, CeeJay and e30 freek like this.