• Venturi

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Volkswagen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Acura

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Toyota GT-One not included?

oh yeah, i forgot about the Toyota GT-ONE and the R390 GT1, those two rival cars..,

also, the Ford GT40 (the showroom one) is not that bad.., i have mine maxed out, 670hp+ , i can not remember, i also had the Full-Racing Transmission switched to full top speed.., i think i reached 250 mph or something.., :)

the ZZ cars are not that ill-handling.., IMO they are more stable than the Elises.., i like to drive any ZZ than the Elises..,

the only good MR cars in the game IMO are the Toyota MR2, MR-S and the Acura NSX..,

Very true. The ZZ coupe sticks to the road like a leach...I remember toasting some Ai cars that had over twice my power in some races. 👍 I mean literally, the race would start, and Vipers, Mustangs, Lancers, NSXes would take off, leaving me behind, but the Tommykaira ZZ handles so well, next thing you know I'd be leaving them behind 1 by 1! :D

Yes, we have a good time comparing car setting in Elise GT1 in setup vs setup last year :).

It's interesting that both manufacturer have car with the same spec:
184hp/1477lb ZZ III vs 184hp/1477lb Elise 190

both rev at 8000rpm max too.

I wonder which one faster :).

That's because both cars use Toyota engines in real life! I think they both have the famous 1.8 liter DOHC 4 packed behind the driver's seat. 👍 The only difference I know of is: the Lotus has a fuel-injected engine, and some (or all) of the ZZs use carburetors.

Last edited:
That's because both cars use Toyota engines in real life! I think they both have the famous 1.8 liter DOHC 4 packed behind the driver's seat.

WHAT?!?! no way.., an Elise does not use an engine developed by Lotus?! sure, some Tommykaira cars use engines from other manufacturers (like Nissan) but an Elise??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elise
52420350vp1.png

Dude, England's car-builders aren't exactly known for their reliability. That's why in the '60s, '70s, and '80s the saying overseas went: "it runs well when it's actually running". :lol:

So yeah...they went with the Toyota 1.8 I believe for practical reasons most of all.

Last edited:
ohhh, ok, everything is clear to me now..,

so, many classic European cars are known for their luxurious detail, not their reliability.., is that it??

ohhh, ok, everything is clear to me now..,

so, many classic European cars are known for their luxurious detail, not their reliability.., is that it??

Well not so much nowadays, but ya, in the past, English sports cars were especially prone to all sorts of problems...oil leaks, electrical system failure--major stuff like that. One of the major problems with English cars (especially from the '70s & '80s) is that many of the companies were forced into conglomerations with other companies after being bought out, which is like having too many cooks in the kitchen if you know what I mean. And then many times all the workers would go on strike...

Germany, on the other hand, has been known for reliability for years and years going all the way back to pre-WW2.

Last edited:
Germany, on the other hand, has been known for reliabilty for years and years going all the way back to pre-WW2.

cant agree more.., one very good example is Volkswagen.., after WWII, they made their world-renowned car: the Classic Beetle.., has been the most reliable car for ages.., :)

Dude, England's car-builders aren't exactly known for their reliability. That's why in the 60's, 70's, and 80's the saying overseas went: "it runs well when it's actually running" :lol:

So yeah...they went with the Toyota 1.8 i believe for practical reasons most of all.
But I don't think Lotus ever manufactured an engine for any of their cars--production or racing. I think the engines always came from other suppliers. At one time it would often be Ford or Ford Cosworth.

But I don't think Lotus ever manufactured an engine for any of their cars--production or racing. I think the engines always came from other suppliers. At one time it would often be Ford or Ford Cosworth.

Nevertheless, it's common knowledge that English cars (especially the sports cars) had a history of not being reliable. The Toyota 1.8 they now use has been proven for reliability, it's also a light-weight engine, and so it makes sense they chose it for the Elise & other cars.

Indeed, and they used a Renault engine in the Europa, which I thought was odd at the time but it worked pretty well.

Indeed, and they used a Renault engine in the Europa, which I thought was odd at the time but it worked pretty well.

I forgot about that! yeah, they used a Renault engine in the S1 & S2 versions, but then replaced these with a Ford-Cosworth sometime after that.

1st:Nissan,because of the primera(you can race modify 1 as BTCC touring car)
2nd:Suzuki,smaller weight is better handling(i wish the escudo have a road model)
3rd:Audi.That TT is as fast as lightning!!!

I guess I voted for TVR. But I wish I'd voted for Daihatsu. Nobody else has, but the game wouldn't be the same without the Daihatsu Midget.

Mini got my vote. The Mini Rally Car was sutch an overkill for Trial Mountain endurance race. Lovely. :D

Me, I like quite a bit of companies in the game. Mainly BMW, Aston Martin (now that they have the V8 vantage!), Shelby, Ford, Benz, original 6 (7 if you think that Acura and Honda were seperate) japanese manu. from GT1, Suzuki (the Escudo!), Vector, Dodge, and lastly Chevy.

I have to say Nissan-just because of the Skyline(s).:cool: I'm a big Skyline fan! But if I have to be honest, the Citroen Saxo, the Audi S4 and all of the Mercedes cars(I'm a big Mercedes fan, too:sly:) made me a good impression.

Mazda's as my avatar suggests especially since the best all round production car is the 1999 Mazda RX-7 GT-C when tuned all the way with the right settings it tops out at 260MPH. Oh and it also handels lovely as well. I also love Miatas and the RX7 LM cars.

Mazda's as my avatar suggests especially since the best all round production car is the 1999 Mazda RX-7 GT-C when tuned all the way with the right settings it tops out at 260MPH. Oh and it also handels lovely as well. I also love Miatas and the RX7 LM cars.

GT2 is also the only game featuring true FB-series RX7s, the '83 Turbo. GT4 starts with an FC-series as its oldest RX7. 👎

GT2 is also the only game featuring true FB-series RX7s, the '83 Turbo. GT4 starts with an FC-series as its oldest RX7. 👎

Wow. Is that so? I thought GT4 has a lot more older models than any other game in the series. Since it includes the Benz Patent Wagen and Model T, you would've thought they also included the FB RX7. 👎 indeed.

Back