Wheel settings PS4 from Jack spades.

• Thread starter Idinity
  • 232 comments
Curious... with FFB at 75 or 60 or what ever you have it at, what are your settings for your favorite car? - I have a T300 and ps4 and would like to try your settings to see how they feel.

Global FFB =

Global Tire Force =

Car =

Master Scale =
Fx Scale =
Fy Scale =
Fz Scale =
Fx Smooth =
Arm Angle =

SoP Scale =
SoP Lateral =
SoP Diff =
SoP Damp=

So far as i said I am having problem on the FFB strength fading on my T300 when I all the way adjust Global FFB=100, TF=100, and tried on 1M coupe and EvoX, strength just FADE away very quickly...say 5~10 mins

So now what I'm doing is to keep all the data same as Jack's first, and then decrease the TF down to 75, and if it happens to feel too heavy or too light (usually lighter), then I will adjust on the MS & SoPS simultaneously at the same level

So far as i said I am having problem on the FFB strength fading on my T300 when I all the way adjust Global FFB=100, TF=100, and tried on 1M coupe and EvoX, strength just FADE away very quickly...say 5~10 mins

So now what I'm doing is to keep all the data same as Jack's first, and then decrease the TF down to 75, and if it happens to feel too heavy or too light (usually lighter), then I will adjust on the MS & SoPS simultaneously at the same level

I felt the fade while playing.. it was while driving the BMW 320 Turbo 5 on a tight track, which I had not done yet. Sorry never noticed it before. To make sure it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me.. I would drive till I felt it, then pause wait a few mins, then resume and the force would be back to full.

Next I drove the Austin Martin V8 GT4 car on laguna seca for 25mins and did not feel it. This is the car I am driving in my current season and had not felt any fade. Nor did I feel it with the Lotus 97T or the Ginetta G40..

I lowered the Master Scale and SoP scale on the BMW 320 Turbo and also lowered my Tire force to 90, but ran out of time .. so have not been able to test further.

Hoping in the first patch they turn off the center spring and it helps with this issue.

I felt the fade while playing.. it was while driving the BMW 320 Turbo 5 on a tight track, which I had not done yet. Sorry never noticed it before. To make sure it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me.. I would drive till I felt it, then pause wait a few mins, then resume and the force would be back to full.

Next I drove the Austin Martin V8 GT4 car on laguna seca for 25mins and did not feel it. This is the car I am driving in my current season and had not felt any fade. Nor did I feel it with the Lotus 97T or the Ginetta G40..

I lowered the Master Scale and SoP scale on the BMW 320 Turbo and also lowered my Tire force to 90, but ran out of time .. so have not been able to test further.

Hoping in the first patch they turn off the center spring and it helps with this issue.

So you mean you are experiencing the strength fading on some cars but not all...right?

try more on road cars, especially EvoX, at California highway, drive her like crazy during the bumpy section, and i guarantee u the full force will go away and is like down to FFB = 85, and yes, I wait 5 mins, and then continue to drive ( not restart session, just left the car on the road) and the full strength came back..........

and the strange thing is that when it fades, the "clipping" feeling of the steering wheel goes away!

and if the full force comes back, the clipping comes back....

whats wrong with SMS.....??

patch patch patch i beg............!!!

thanks for testing bro but what is "center spring " issue anyway?

Last edited:
Curious... with FFB at 75 or 60 or what ever you have it at, what are your settings for your favorite car? - I have a T300 and ps4 and would like to try your settings to see how they feel.

Global FFB = 85

Global Tire Force = 115 (try 100 to start)

Car = All cars (The McLaren 12C GT3 feels sweet, try that.)

Master Scale = 38
Fx Scale = 100
Fy Scale = 76
Fz Scale = 50 (I want more on here, but I don't want to ruin what I've got)
Fx Smooth = 76
Arm Angle = 2000

SoP Scale = 0
SoP Lateral = 0
SoP Diff = 0
SoP Damp= 0

I've put my settings in your quote.

By no means am I saying these are the best to use, far from it. I'm still tweaking. Thing is, I've been tweaking for so long with 100% FFB, all the way down to 65% feedback, and this is where I'm happy enough at the moment. I've put in near 25 hours doing this 🤬. There still isn't enough feel in regard to what the rear is doing for my own personal preference, but that's where the SoP will come in I think. However, I don't want to throw on settings only to find I've made the whole experience worse.

Also, there's a strange "driving on glass" like feeling when the rear gives up a bit. It's hard to explain. It's like the game doesn't tell me I have or haven't got grip, so it can be tricky to know whether I can floor it out of a corner or not. And yes, this is with warmed up tyres. I think it's just how the game is, rather than something "wrong" with the feedback. That's why I've pumped up the tire force a little, to give me more road feel, but I'm running the risk of over-loading the T300 again if I throw on more settings or up them.

thanks for testing bro but what is "center spring " issue anyway?

It's the wheel wanting to rotate violently to centre, when it shouldn't need to if it was solely reliant on the physics and what the front wheels want to naturally do. Stop on track, turn the wheel fully. It should stay still. Then slowly inch forward... see what the wheel does.

Jack Spades says global FFB must be on 100%, otherwise you will loose FFB effects. Try lower your tire force to something between 50-100% to get less FFB power and thus less overheating of your wheel hardware.

Thanks to Jack my wheel setup feels so good now. For me it is the best in any racing game I have played to date!
I am using his Version 3 Tweaks with a bit higher compression to get more resistance into the wheel.

Last edited:
Jack Spades says global FFB must be on 100%, otherwise you will loose FFB effects. Try lower your tire force to something between 50-100% to get less FFB power and thus less overheating of your wheel hardware.
Yeah I read this from @NLxAROSA yesterday, so I'll be giving it a go today.

@Spitfire77

Steering Sensitivity = 40

Global FFB = 100

Global Tire Force = 85

Car = McLaren GT3 (using this on all cars)

Master Scale = 38 (reduce this if too heavy, raise if too light)
Fx Scale = 100
Fy Scale = 76
Fz Scale = 90
Mz Scale = 76
Arm Angle = 2000

Fx Smooth = 10
Fy Smooth = 50
Fz Smooth = 0
Mz Smooth = 20

SoP Scale = 0
SoP Lateral = 0
SoP Diff = 0
SoP Damp= 0

Taken the tire force lowering tip on board, and here's my changes. Definitely feels better, and I dare say even the centre springing has been reduced.

I've added in the smooth scales, and my steering sensitivity setting as you hadn't asked for that originally but it does make a difference with the un-natural centering forces.

Yeah I read this from @NLxAROSA yesterday, so I'll be giving it a go today.

Try this also, on the controlers menu, in the "controler advance settings" turn "soft steering dampening" OFF, this will make some of the centering spring effect go away.
But remenber this, every time you start the game this will be ON again, (must be a bug), so every time you start the game you must turn it OFF.

To get a goog feeling when the rear steps out you have to have a good balence between Fy (lateral forces) and Mz (flex tire forces)

My starting point on every car is something like this:

FFB 100%
Tire Force 100%

Master scale - ~32 depending on the car
Fx - 60
Fy - 34
Fz - 80
Mz - 94

If you find the forces a litle away from the center reduce the Arm Angle or the other way arroud if that´s the case

Then I set Sop Scale the same as Master scale
and i give Sop lateral and Sop diferencial a click or two depending on the car and setup, mind you that too much of this and you only feel weight....

You don´t need to crank up the values to get a good feel, you need to find a good balance between the forces so none of them over steep the others, yestarday I was tunning a car FFB and was not feeling the rumbles strips and had a heavy sterring so i´ve lower Fy and Mz and i´ve start to feel the rumbles stripes.

Hope it helps.

Yeah, I haven't actually posted all of my global ffb settings (they are far from the defaults) but I've got to a point now where I'm happy... so I'm just going to leave it. Spent too much time on this, need to go racing!

I received my T300rs yesterday. This thread makes it seem daunting to change any of the wheel settings. Fy, sop, global, version 1, 1.5, 3.0 etc etc, is there one universal general steering wheel setup that's considered good for all cars?

I don't want to muck about with wheel settings for individual cars, but I'll do the general wheel controls if I know the ones at the beginning of this thread are considered the best at the moment.

I received my T300rs yesterday. This thread makes it seem daunting to change any of the wheel settings. Fy, sop, global, version 1, 1.5, 3.0 etc etc, is there one universal general steering wheel setup that's considered good for all cars?

I don't want to muck about with wheel settings for individual cars, but I'll do the general wheel controls if I know the ones at the beginning of this thread are considered the best at the moment.
Trust me setup Jacks Sop settings as it transforms the wheel/game.

pity sms cant write each wheels recommended settings into each car setup.seems like alot of messing for each car otherwise how are we meant to know how the car is meant to truly feel in the first place ?

Hence why I'm hoping that Jack Spade can include settings for (at least) each free monthly car, so that they're all setup correctly, and, ideally every car released as dlc.

We can only hope!

OK between everyone's input here, bManic's and Jack Spade's settings I have found a happy spot.. at least for the cars I am currently driving. - PS4 with T300

Updated 6/10/2015

Global FFB - 100 (I am trusting Jack spade on this one to leave it at 100 and reduce force using other settings and it is working so far)

Soft Steering Dampening = OFF (bug in UI so you have to turn this off each time you start the game)

Tire Force = 75

Dead zone removal range 0.05

Dead Zone removal fall off 0.01

Relative Adj Gain = 1.20

Relative Adj Bleed = 0.10

Relative Adj Clamp = 1.10 (these Relative Adj settings are weird sometimes just close as I can to these)

Scoop Knee = 0.70

Scoop Reduction = 0.15

Soft Clipping (Half output) = 1.00 ( I want it at about .85 I am guessing)

Soft Clipping (Full output) = 1.50 - ( I want it at 1.40 I am guessing)

Then I follow Jack Spades Classic settings for each car, some are too heavy - so I drop the Master Scale and SoP Scale down slightly - Example is the BMW 320 Turbo I dropped them down to 40, but most cars I run as he has them listed.

Last edited:
VBR
Seat Of Pants.

:lol: Ok, thanks. I thought it was something more technical!

So he's done different types of settings for different feels? I assume Seat of Pants is a lively setting?

ETA - Just watched the Simracing vid about setting up the T300. SOP is one of the paramters to be adjusted in the car menus.

I'll have a go this weekend with adjusting some of those generally considered to be an improvement.

Last edited:
I like the settings a lot. Some are a bit too strong, some too weak on the T300. Just change the Master scale and SoP scale for those cars.

It's still not the greatest FFB but still really good and a gigantic improvement over the default FFB settings SMS was somehow dumb enough to give us. I totally understand the defaults being that bad for PC since PC supports a ton of wheels so they couldn't tailor the defaults to any one wheel but PS4 only supports thrustmasters, mainly the T300 and T500 so they really could've done better but instead they just gave all versions the same bad default FFB settings.

I like the settings a lot. Some are a bit too strong, some too weak on the T300. Just change the Master scale and SoP scale for those cars.

It's still not the greatest FFB but still really good and a gigantic improvement over the default FFB settings SMS was somehow dumb enough to give us. I totally understand the defaults being that bad for PC since PC supports a ton of wheels so they couldn't tailor the defaults to any one wheel but PS4 only supports thrustmasters, mainly the T300 and T500 so they really could've done better but instead they just gave all versions the same bad default FFB settings.

Yeah im finding im notching down the master scale and SoP settings down a notch or 2, Also stuck tire force to 85

OK between everyone's input here, bManic's and Jack Spade's settings I have found a happy spot.. at least for the cars I am currently driving. - PS4 with T300

Global FFB - 100 (I am trusting Jack spade on this one to leave it at 100 and reduce force using other settings and it is working so far)

Soft Steering Dampening = OFF (bug in UI so you have to turn this off each time you start the game)

Tire Force = 65-70

Dead zone removal range 0.05

Dead Zone removal fall off 0.01

Relative Adj Gain = 1.15

Relative Adj Bleed = 0.10

Relative Adj Clamp = 1.04 (these Relative Adj settings are weird sometimes I can get this to 1.05 others times I cant)

Scoop Knee = 0.70

Scoop Reduction = 0.15

Soft Clipping (Half output) = 1.00 (the soft clipping settings can be reset when game restarts just like soft steering dampening so check on start up)

Soft Clipping (Full output) = 1.00 or 1.50 - cant decide yet.. (really would like SMS to update the UI so I can finer tune these .. 0 to 0.5 to 1.0 to 1.50 is not detailed enough)

Then I follow Jack Spades Classic settings for each car.

Also my problem car where I was seeing the FFB fade was the BMW 320 Turbo - Jack's classic settings say Master and SoP scale set to 43 - I lowered them to 38 for this car. I will likely do the same for the other cars where these are above 40. - 38 is the current max I will set Master and SoP scale using Jack's classic settings with FFB 100 and Tire Force at 70
A good thought on modification from Jack but TF = 65/70 to me is still too light for me

I'm trying to find out an optimized level of TF to balance between fading issue and proper strength which suit me most

A good thought on modification from Jack but TF = 65/70 to me is still too light for me

I'm trying to find out an optimized level of TF to balance between fading issue and proper strength which suit me most

This. The only criticism I can have for the JS sheets is that the steering isn't heavy enough. I find myself adding 10 to the Master and SOP scales as well as putting Tire Force up to 125.

This. The only criticism I can have for the JS sheets is that the steering isn't heavy enough. I find myself adding 10 to the Master and SOP scales as well as putting Tire Force up to 125.
Well it's up to personal preference, but if you are using a T300 with your TF=115, FFB=max setup, 1 thing can be sure is that FFB fades rapidly

Well it's up to personal preference, but if you are using a T300 with your TF=115, FFB=max setup, 1 thing can be sure is that FFB fades rapidly

Oh yeah entirely agree. The standard settings on Jack Spades table are by far the best, without a shadow of a doubt, but I like a bit more resistance in my wheel, I want to fight with it!

I've got a T100 and so far (touch wood) I've not had any FFB fade that I've seen a lot of people talking about. Ironic really that the cheapest FFB wheel is the one with the least amount of problems.

Yes that is the goal.. So I was playing with the soft clipping settings.. they make a HUGE difference and really need to be fixed so we can adjust them in more detail.

I ended up with Soft Clipping Half Output = 1.0 and Soft Clipping Full Output at 1.5 .. really wish I could set them at about .90 and 1.40 though.. with these I ended up going to Tire Force 75 and raised my BMW 320 master and sop scale back up to 40.. it is still a little light but much better and had no fading on a tight track with lots of detail in the FFB.

Now I am understanding the difference between what bManic does and Jack Spade does.. bManic global settings are for consumer wheels on any platform (pc, ps4, xbone) with T300, Tx, G27, Fanatec GT2 & GT3.. and jack spades global settings are for high end wheels like the CSW v2 and the direct drive wheels. Jack spades individual car settings are still valid for any wheel and he did add some info to his post on the pCARS forum about consumer wheels that are very close to bManics global settings.

Gah.. what a mess, but at least I am getting closer to where I want it.

I have been using Jack's settings for awhile now and their really good,but now my t300rs is making a cracking sound,it still works,but someting isn't right...His settings are too strong period...

Back