Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
With monitor stands, you might be able to make your own a little cheaper, but the big savings come in time. I love SimLab, but they are garbage for meeting their deadlines. Double the lead time and it might ship by that date...might. I've made 3 different orders, at 3 different times, got very similar results. If your buying a cockpit, its worth the wait, but I would price out building a monitor stand before waiting.

Has anyone tried pairing a Fanatec CSW V2 with a Next level stand? Thinking of going this route but I'm concerned about the stability with the CSW level of FFB.

Hi all.

I am not new to racing games but I am new to the sim racing world. I am based on console at the moment (ps4 pro) and have been playing project cars 2 and also the newly released ACC.

Loving ACC as my interest in motorsport is gt3, IMSA etc.

However I purchased a cheap wheel around April to just get something setup and start playing- it is a Hori Apex.

It is an okay wheel but if we are being honest it is very low level, no FFB and the pedals etc are not totally tuned in with both PC2 and ACC, but my lap times are improving with the Apex, but to make more improvement a better wheel is needed.

So my question is I am looking to upgrade to a better wheel and I am looking at either the Thrustmaster T150 pro with the T3PA pedals or the logitech G29

I understand the T150 is more budget friendly but would the G29 be a much overall improvement on the thrustmaster for the price hike?

I have read reviews and they are quite mixed do just thought I would as the community here who gave had experience with either or both of the wheels.

Hi all.

I am not new to racing games but I am new to the sim racing world. I am based on console at the moment (ps4 pro) and have been playing project cars 2 and also the newly released ACC.

Loving ACC as my interest in motorsport is gt3, IMSA etc.

However I purchased a cheap wheel around April to just get something setup and start playing- it is a Hori Apex.

It is an okay wheel but if we are being honest it is very low level, no FFB and the pedals etc are not totally tuned in with both PC2 and ACC, but my lap times are improving with the Apex, but to make more improvement a better wheel is needed.

So my question is I am looking to upgrade to a better wheel and I am looking at either the Thrustmaster T150 pro with the T3PA pedals or the logitech G29

I understand the T150 is more budget friendly but would the G29 be a much overall improvement on the thrustmaster for the price hike?

I have read reviews and they are quite mixed do just thought I would as the community here who gave had experience with either or both of the wheels.

I am probably one of the few who will recommend the T150 every time over the G29. Both are very good but I prefer the feedback on the T150.
Honestly, I've owned a T300, T-GT, DFGT, G25, G27, G29, CSL Elite and T150 and I am more consistent with the T150 than any of those other wheels. Stronger feedback and a more expensive price tag doesn't always equal better results or being faster. The T150 has been very reliable for me as well. Not a guarantee that it will be as reliable as the G29, but it's been rock solid and I believe based on other's accounts it's more reliable than a T300. One of the few downsides to the T150 is you can't hardmount it with screws unless you get a Ricmotech hardmount adapter, which is about $35 shipped, and doesn't work all that well to be honest. The best solution I've found to mounting the T150 is to make sure whatever you mount it too - desk, rig, whatever - you put some of this cabinet shelf liner underneath the grip pads on the wheel clamp. Doing this is cheap and it makes the wheel grip onto your rig very solidly, it won't move or budge.

Has anyone tried pairing a Fanatec CSW V2 with a Next level stand? Thinking of going this route but I'm concerned about the stability with the CSW level of FFB.

Depends on what Next Level stand you're looking at.

I bought this one: New Egg. And with only the CSL base, I'm worried about it's long term life. The bottom of the wheel stand has quite a bit of flex front and back of the driving position (meaning you can push the wheel towards and away from you in the seat). Haven't seen any flex side to side though.

But I feel their other setups would be better as they utilize a different setup where the wheel base is connected.

How big are you? My seat is pretty narrow. With a 32 inch waistband, I'm pushing the limits of the width of the seat. Comfortable for some practice and a GT Sport FIA Cup race, but more than a hour or two and numb butt sets in.

Got mine around March and love it!
Idk how tall dude is but I’m around 6’2” and found that rotating the wheel platform forward and adjusting the front “legs” up helped with getting the wheel, chest high in the GT format.

How comfortable is the F-GT light? For a larger guy about 5'10 - 250lbs? Would it be strong enough?

I don't have the ability to watch the review at the moment so figure I would ask.

How comfortable is the F-GT light? For a larger guy about 5'10 - 250lbs? Would it be strong enough?

I don't have the ability to watch the review at the moment so figure I would ask.
I believe it is strong enough to support you. I’m a bean-stalk weighing in at 160lbs. Don’t hold me to it but I think it’s rated for 300lbs.

I find it very comfortable and have sit in it for 3-4 hours at a time with no issues. I don’t even get the aches I would driving IRL for that amount of time.

The thing is pretty crazy on the adjustability scale.

I believe it is strong enough to support you. I’m a bean-stalk weighing in at 160lbs. Don’t hold me to it but I think it’s rated for 300lbs.

I find it very comfortable and have sit in it for 3-4 hours at a time with no issues. I don’t even get the aches I would driving IRL for that amount of time.

The thing is pretty crazy on the adjustability scale.

Great thank you. I have a wheel stand pro, and a folding chair. I need to keep it portable as this room serves as an office, sim racing, and guest room. The playseat challenge was not what I was looking for but the F-GT lite seems better.

My folding chair is getting old and I have been looking at chairs that get close to the cost of the F-GT lite.. so figure I could pack up the wheel stand pro and switch to the F1-GT lite.

Edit - Is there a way to adjust the distance of the wheel from your chest? I have short legs and long arms - weird build.

Last edited:
Great thank you. I have a wheel stand pro, and a folding chair. I need to keep it portable as this room serves as an office, sim racing, and guest room. The playseat challenge was not what I was looking for but the F-GT lite seems better.

My folding chair is getting old and I have been looking at chairs that get close to the cost of the F-GT lite.. so figure I could pack up the wheel stand pro and switch to the F1-GT lite.

Edit - Is there a way to adjust the distance of the wheel from your chest? I have short legs and long arms - weird build.
Yes, the pedal base is easy to adjust and where all those hubs are, you can move it about an inch. The wheel base plate itself can be adjusted 3 ways forward and back, it also tilts.

Edit to add: I had a WSP and “camping” chair. Went through 3 or 4 chairs and an acing back and shoulder, none of that.

Last edited:
By chance, does anyone have an old set of G29 pedals laying around, or maybe parts for them, or any old pedals really? My buddies pedals just died on him and we’re trying to find him another set/parts to fix his. Thanks very much and have a great day!! :cheers:

Last edited:
By chance, does anyone have an old set of G29 pedals laying around, or maybe parts for them, or any old pedals really? My buddies pedals just died on him and we’re trying to find him another set. Thanks very much and have a great day!! :cheers:
I have a set of G29 pedals but I live in Adelaide Australia but what sort of part is he after ?, if they are small parts I may help him out.

I have a set of G29 pedals but I live in Adelaide Australia but what sort of part is he after ?, if they are small parts I may help him out.

Hey man, thanks very much for the response. :cheers: I’m not 100% sure TBH, @DesertPenguin What parts do you need to make your pedals work again?

Got any magic pixie dust? I think I just need some new pedals. Just the individual pedal assemblies which can be taken out and separated from the wiring. Or maybe bring the wiring too just in case that's where my issue lies. You can take them out of the plastic and mail the three pedals and wires. That's not nearly as heavy or cumbersome.

Sorry? Not "as well". All I want is the pedals :)
like this one ?.
9787.jpg

Yessir. Would you be able to include the spring assemblies as well? If so, respond to this with a private conversation and we'll take it from there.

I'm looking at purchasing the K2R rig, does anyone have experience with one of these?

Also looking for seat recommendations for this rig, needs to be comfortable.

Cheers.

I am still looking at the F-GT Lite. I realized something and have a question for anyone who owns one.

For the pedal stand, can you fold the front brace completely under where the pedals are mounted? My pedals go almost against the wall with my TV stand setup (my pedals go under my TV stand so I can get wheel close to TV).

It won't work for me if I cannot get the pedals close to the wall and still fit under my TV stand, so I can't have the pedal stand at max height.

Moving my TV stand away from the wall also does not work.. it is an office/guest room. So space is tight.

I use a wheel stand pro and folding chair now to achieve this, but I am looking for something more adjustable and comfortable than a folding chair.

Back