Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,154 comments
Looking for a new wheel stand, for a T150 wheel, one I have is little old. Got chair is their any stands that are won't slip on wooden floor?

Last edited:
Hey fellas, just wondering if this rim works with GT Sport? And to be specific, do all the dials and buttons work, and are they all mappable in game? It would be the only reason I got the rim, for more in race buttons/options. Thanks for the help! :cheers:

648CA290-7123-4452-B57E-408C1559A187.png

Hey fellas, just wondering if this rim works with GT Sport? And to be specific, do all the dials and buttons work, and are they all mappable in game? It would be the only reason I got the rim, for more in race buttons/options. Thanks for the help! :cheers:

View attachment 964610
I don't know a lot about these but I do know that everything inside the red circle I've put on the picture is fake. I think it still has more operational buttons than the regular wheel but I'm not sure how many.
648CA290-7123-4452-B57E-408C1559A187.png

Hello guys.
Has anyone tried mounting anything Fanatec like a CSL Elite servo with loadcell brakes into an Openwheeler Gen2 playseat?
My biggest gripe is that the stand won't be able to hold the wheel.

Hello guys.
Has anyone tried mounting anything Fanatec like a CSL Elite servo with loadcell brakes into an Openwheeler Gen2 playseat?
My biggest gripe is that the stand won't be able to hold the wheel.

No. I have not tried to mount what you described. I did check the description of the open wheeler in relation to what equipment would be compatible and Fanatec was listed. Your 'gripe' of not holding the wheel is vague. Yes this rig will hold the wheel, but will there movement, shake, flex, and vibration ? Is this what your asking?

No. I have not tried to mount what you described. I did check the description of the open wheeler in relation to what equipment would be compatible and Fanatec was listed. Your 'gripe' of not holding the wheel is vague. Yes this rig will hold the wheel, but will there movement, shake, flex, and vibration ? Is this what your asking?
Thats what I meant by being able to hold it.

Looking for a new wheel stand, for a T150 wheel, one I have is little old. Got chair is their any stands that are won't slip on wooden floor?
Wheel Stand Pro sits on rubber feet which seem very grippy to me. I run mine on carpet but I'd say they'd work pretty well on a hard floor too. However, regardless of surface and rubber feet or carpet grippers etc, if the base is not secured there is always a chance of it slipping.

A friend of mine is asking me about wheel stands for a Logitech g29. They are mostly focused on the budget so looking for something on the cheap end that isn't going to just flop over immediately. Any recommendations? I use a CSWB V2 so I dont know much about the lower end stand market.

A friend of mine is asking me about wheel stands for a Logitech g29. They are mostly focused on the budget so looking for something on the cheap end that isn't going to just flop over immediately. Any recommendations? I use a CSWB V2 so I dont know much about the lower end stand market.
Openwheeler will do.

That would be extremely excessive for this use case.

They are even a bit hung up on the cost of the g29.
Openwheeler is the best playseat for the money.
You can get cheaper sets but quality is a bit suspect.
Previous to my Fanatec CSL, I had a G29 mounted to my Openwheeler.

Last edited:
is this the appropriate thread to talk about SimRacing Rigs in general!?
like i want to talk about my new project, a first try aluminum rig build. i sure have a couple of question regarding the profiles and such...
first i wanted to just buy the X-Dream but this thing is huuuge and bit "too much". so i went from there and tried to make it more "light weight". the base is nearly the same with some personal tweaks.

58d7c5d1-317a-429f-9yjjol.jpeg

my current status: i started creating my rig from scratch in MayCAD, insprired by the X-Dream and some other Rigs i found online.
if this isnt the correct thread, please hint me to it. thanks.

Last edited:
is this the appropriate thread to talk about SimRacing Rigs in general!?
like i want to talk about my new project, a first try aluminum rig build. i sure have a couple of question regarding the profiles and such...
first i wanted to just buy the X-Dream but this thing is huuuge and bit "too much". so i went from there and tried to make it more "light weight". the base is nearly the same with some personal tweaks.

58d7c5d1-317a-429f-9yjjol.jpeg

my current status: i started creating my rig from scratch in MayCAD, insprired by the X-Dream and some other Rigs i found online.
if this isnt the correct thread, please hint me to it. thanks.
Do you have a 3d printer?

@PRO_TOO

I recently went down the same road as you find yourself on now. I spent hours upon hours learning the basic’s of the Mycad program. Your pic reminds me of one of my first tries. Extra pieces for strength and design function. Was hoping to attach a few of my Mycad designs for you to view, however, the files…… lets just say , not cooperating.. The best I can do is a pic.

lu5624ovdhg_tmp_c0a71160bd674783.jpg

Lets start at the back of the rig. On your rig the seat platform is raised, requiring many extra parts and money. Maybe you want the seat higher off the ground? I have followed the Simlab rig seat parts and position. Less parts, less money, same stiffness.

How are you going to attach your wheel? Does your wheel have option both side and bottom screw mounts? I included the two pieces on the steering wheel mount to give options on mounting as well as being able to adjust position, forward and backwards, of my wheel. My plan, just as yours, does not offer an option to be able to pitch the wheel tilt up or down.

Now if we jump to the front of the rig where the pedals will be. You show 4 upright posts. I am assuming to attach your pedals. How? Pedals attach from the bottom. You will be needing a platform to attach to your rig and then attach your pedals too.

In the end, I had to include both wheel and pedal platforms. These two items are not cheap, actually they where the determining reason as to why I did not build my design. I went with https://sim-lab.eu/shop/product/slc001-gt1-evo-sim-racing-cockpit-446#attr=

The difference in price to include both mounting platforms was money well spent to solve a mounting issue as well as allow for future expansion of new wheel and pedals.

Monitor (s). How do you plan to…. There are many different options from a simple desk, to prefab stand alone, to custom mounts which attach to your rig. All have their plus and minus for setup.

The rig is rock solid. adjustable and well worth the money, my only regret was not buying sooner.

@PRO_TOO

I recently went down the same road as you find yourself on now. I spent hours upon hours learning the basic’s of the Mycad program. Your pic reminds me of one of my first tries. Extra pieces for strength and design function. Was hoping to attach a few of my Mycad designs for you to view, however, the files…… lets just say , not cooperating.. The best I can do is a pic.

lu5624ovdhg_tmp_c0a71160bd674783.jpg

Lets start at the back of the rig. On your rig the seat platform is raised, requiring many extra parts and money. Maybe you want the seat higher off the ground? I have followed the Simlab rig seat parts and position. Less parts, less money, same stiffness.

How are you going to attach your wheel? Does your wheel have option both side and bottom screw mounts? I included the two pieces on the steering wheel mount to give options on mounting as well as being able to adjust position, forward and backwards, of my wheel. My plan, just as yours, does not offer an option to be able to pitch the wheel tilt up or down.

Now if we jump to the front of the rig where the pedals will be. You show 4 upright posts. I am assuming to attach your pedals. How? Pedals attach from the bottom. You will be needing a platform to attach to your rig and then attach your pedals too.

In the end, I had to include both wheel and pedal platforms. These two items are not cheap, actually they where the determining reason as to why I did not build my design. I went with https://sim-lab.eu/shop/product/slc001-gt1-evo-sim-racing-cockpit-446#attr=

The difference in price to include both mounting platforms was money well spent to solve a mounting issue as well as allow for future expansion of new wheel and pedals.

Monitor (s). How do you plan to…. There are many different options from a simple desk, to prefab stand alone, to custom mounts which attach to your rig. All have their plus and minus for setup.

The rig is rock solid. adjustable and well worth the money, my only regret was not buying sooner.
thank you so much for the detailed reply. thats very helpful and i see some thoughts i already had in my mind being approved!

i will have a new start with the CAD software and i'll definitly let you know!

i forgot one part at the table to give the wheel more options to be connected and moved... i'll add that.
and i will not mount the wheel table on top of the base frame. i would like to go sideways with some metal plates for more stability, like the simlab p1 x does! i want my setup to be super sturdy and future proof! couldnt find those metal plates online yet but will watch out for them.

and you are right, i added to much stuff in front and back. it was just my first try... ;)
next version will be better i guess. and its fun to tinker with this stuff.

another thought i had: when the P1 X, for example, is like 55kg... thats to much for my liking. i want to move my future rig easily to another room, so my goal is to keep it below 30-35 kg!
i'm looking for foldable wheels here...
what i'm not sure about is the small stands underneath the base frame. just simple connection or those "wings" the P1 X (and others) feature?! do those wings give more stability? i dont fully get this.

i want to learn and copy stuff (from the best), but i want my rig to be MY rig with some small details and made by myself for myself! you get me! ;)

btw: i did not see any pictures attached (just an img tag), if you did! anyway... ill be back!
its so much "easier" to create such a rig and gives good vibes when you have the comfort/or feeling that other people watching and/or helping you. appriciate that big time!
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO
Google ‘ sim rig mounting bracket ‘ then click on ‘image’ . Here you will be able to see many different options to side mount your wheel.
The width of these brackets vary, measure twice buy once. Hint, the mounting bracket, along with front, back, and middle support sections should all be the same measurement.

Weight? Was not on my radar as a condition. Fully understand why given your desire to move the rig.

Google ‘80 20 sim racing lockable swivel caster’, then ‘image’

Small stand wings. I am older and did not want my rig on ground level. Think of your couch or bed without the feet. Closer to the floor, requires more effort to get-out. These wings allowed me a manner to attach feet, raise my rig. If you are young and agile then this is not a concern. I prefer to stand out of my rig, not roll onto the floor then stand up.

Attachments

• rig plan no monitor.jpg
    rig plan no monitor.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
@PRO_TOO
Google ‘ sim rig mounting bracket ‘ then click on ‘image’ . Here you will be able to see many different options to side mount your wheel.
The width of these brackets vary, measure twice buy once. Hint, the mounting bracket, along with front, back, and middle support sections should all be the same measurement.

Weight? Was not on my radar as a condition. Fully understand why given your desire to move the rig.

Google ‘80 20 sim racing lockable swivel caster’, then ‘image’

Small stand wings. I am older and did not want my rig on ground level. Think of your couch or bed without the feet. Closer to the floor, requires more effort to get-out. These wings allowed me a manner to attach feet, raise my rig. If you are young and agile then this is not a concern. I prefer to stand out of my rig, not roll onto the floor then stand up.
Thanks.
I am looking for these kind of plates.
8e0df8c3-451e-4d13-9vej4f.jpeg

to connect the wheel table sideways to the base. Maybe even with quick release something to unmount the whole table from the base faster. So I could squeeze the rig into another room sideways, in L form (with the seat still mounted). It’s complicated. :D

my second approach in MayCAD is much more like you described it. :) we getting there.

Last edited:
@PRO_TOO

The brackets you point to are made by Simlab. Proprietary ? I would suggest sending them an email with that picture asking for a price quote. They may suggest for about $900.00 they will include a few more pieces.

I can appreciate the need for mobility. First rig had to fit in a closet when done. With that L move in mind, those brackets in the picture widen the rig by 11 cm. Maybe a narrower rig will give more room to move. ??

You want to remove the table. The table section which will have a wheel attached, as well as a monitor. I have those black monitor supports in the picture. They are sturdy as they are heavy. As I sit here looking at my rig that will require a fair amount of…….. Are you thinking all devices stays attached in a one piece move?? … I may be getting old yet I realize the risk for a calamity is in the red zone.

Just give a bit more description and detail of your path and obstacles during the move. Maybe some engineer minded person who reads this thread can then offer suggestions for your ‘ L move’.

@PRO_TOO

The brackets you point to are made by Simlab. Proprietary ? I would suggest sending them an email with that picture asking for a price quote. They may suggest for about $900.00 they will include a few more pieces.

I can appreciate the need for mobility. First rig had to fit in a closet when done. With that L move in mind, those brackets in the picture widen the rig by 11 cm. Maybe a narrower rig will give more room to move. ??

You want to remove the table. The table section which will have a wheel attached, as well as a monitor. I have those black monitor supports in the picture. They are sturdy as they are heavy. As I sit here looking at my rig that will require a fair amount of…….. Are you thinking all devices stays attached in a one piece move?? … I may be getting old yet I realize the risk for a calamity is in the red zone.

Just give a bit more description and detail of your path and obstacles during the move. Maybe some engineer minded person who reads this thread can then offer suggestions for your ‘ L move’.

sorry, i shouldve made that clearer. i will just build the rig! no PC setup, no triple screen, its a Playstation setup, where i move the whole rig in front of my cupboard with the living room tv (55 inch) on it!

i will provide a picture of the room and my latest CAD drawings soon. guess that will clear up things a bit! :D sorry i got you confused a bit. i will go in more detail next time.

overall: i dont care how i manage to demount or fold some parts of the rig to get it through the other rooms door (wich is only 69 cm wide, but not approachable directly from the front). so i definitly have to use the L form to shuffle it in "around the corner"...
will provide pics of that situation too.

i'm pretty busy atm, but this weekend i should be back with an update on everything.

Last edited:

Have a look at Wheelstand Pro. They have different models for different wheels. I've been using them for 10 years now - have recently upgraded from a DFGT to a Fantatec CSL Elite, so I needed to replace the stand. The quality is still great. Mine was £115. It folds up, so the setup is portable (although my rig now is very heavy).

I've just assembled the P1-X - it's a great rig, and Sim-lab shipped it quickly. The most difficult parts to build were the front wheel mount and the seat sliding brackets - both requires a low-profile wrench to tighten the bolts.

Last edited:
hey guys, hey @SGETI

sorry i'm back so late! i havent forgot about you... just wanted to give you a quick update on my project as i'm busy atm.

- started my 3rd MayCAD attempt, the new model is looking much better now.
- found several websites selling the materials, currently i'm putting offers in comparison.
- i got a new car seat at home (Mazda 6), thats ok for a start.

i'll be back with more details later this week. i hope. you guys stay safe!

update february 10th:
the following rigs are the base for my build, as i found them sturdy and good looking plus giving lots of possibilities in the future.
i was considering 160x40 for the base frame but i'll go with 120x40 as this will be solid enough. same for the wheel table and the rest of the base frame.
for now, i'll install the seat without any height adjustment options. just the pedal deck will get 2 small profiles to adjust the front height.

i really like these 2 models:
GT omega prime:
omegaprimeasjnn.png

P1-X:
p1-xsimracingcockpitz2k9j.jpg

dont like the X-Dream so much anymore because of the size and all those small profiles that look kinda "weirdly constructed" to me.

base frame: so the base will be similar to those rigs above, only 120x40 (instead of 160x40). for the lenght of the base frame i am considering 1400mm (in comparison the P1-X is 1350mm), for the width of the base frame i'm not sure. 500mm or 550mm (th P1-X is 500mm).
i'm not sure if i can go wrong for future updates, when i make the base "only" 500mm wide.
seat: the seat section will only feature those 2 bars (seen above). i could upgrade that later on with a width and height option.
wheel table: height will be 780mm like the P1-X. currently i'm thinking about instead of using one 120x40 (580 mm lenght) profile for the table itself (where the wheel is mounted) but 2 40x40 for more sturdiness. see the video here:
that would give more flexibility when arranging the wheels "dip", right?! this guy has one bar in front of the wheel arms and one is sitting in between. does that give more stiffness?!
i will definitly attach those wheel arms sideways, not on top of the base frame!
i want to put the whole rig on feet brackets... M8, 100mm length, 50mm wide foot plate.
finally: the cost of all the profiles plus corner brackets and nuts n such... are about 340 euro. that sounds fair, imo!

rough material plan:
base lenght: 2x 120x40 1400mm
base width: 2x 120x40 500mm
base feet: 4 feet brackets
wheel arms: 2x 120x40 780mm
wheel table: 1x 120x40 580mm or 2x 40x40 580mm/500mm
seat holder: 2x 40x40 500mm
pedal holder: 2x 40x40 420mm
connections: 40x corner brackets + nuts
total: around 340 euro including shipping.

the mazda seat is waiting at home, fanatec csl elite are out of stock; looks like i am ready to order and build the rig! what do you think!?

edit: does any of those premium rigs feature those heavy profiles?! i always find a light and heavy version in the stores and now im curious if some rigs may use those heavy versions.
i bet the regular light wieght version is sturdy enough.

edit: @Jordan, @Famine or other staff members (sorry i dont know you all): is it possbile to get some gtplanet stickers or pennants or something from you guys to put on my rig?! i want to make it look like a sponsored one... looking more professional. ;)

Last edited:
Back