[wheel users poll] Do you use manual clutch?

I always use clutch apart from online and WRS, simply because online every second matters and I can't afford to lose time (and I'm already very slow racer) and as for WRS clutch's not allowed. I don't race online much, only doing 1 league though.

In all honesty - I'd be bored if I didn't have clutch, clutch adds much more to the experience and makes laps much more satisfying (and I use no hud, so stock McLaren F1 on Nordschleife with clutch is an experience on a totally new level 👍).

I use a clutch when I have my G27 set up, but only on the cars that have a clutch, or ones that I want to pretend have a clutch (Gallardo, 650+ bhp, 10:90 power allocation =D). That includes online races, albeit I don't do much online racing at all.

When I'm not driving competitively or doing an offline race, always.
I think it just makes the entire experience much more enjoyable.
I can't rally using paddle shifters, don't ask me why, I just can't.

Every once in awhile I'll get the urge to use it..

Then after 2 minutes i remember how horribly unrealistic and fumbly it is and turn it off

Its purely for novelty

Like others have said: depends on why I am driving. I definatly lose time using the clutch and H shifter. The occasional missed shift is the major culprit, then being a little less smooth while using the H shifter even without clutch I lose a little more time.

Shooting for fast times : No
Having a blast just cruising : yes

Maybe if I want a little more speed, or if I'm racing on tracks like daytona or circuit de la sarthe, or just to fool around

Cockpit view, no aids(ABS1), no HUD or map and clutching is definently giving GT5 a new level for me.

Usually I use bumper cam, HUD, map and the paddle shifters. But the settings mentioned above is definently increasing the difficulty and excitement.

I'll use it on most cars if they are still in their stock form. But in a car like the Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Gallardo, or any other supercars I use the paddle shifter.

Clutch? We don't need no stinking clutches!:grumpy:
I drive AT 100% of the time so I do not use a clutch.

No because I still don't have a H pattern shifter. I just bought the Fanatec CSR wheel + Fanatec standard pedals.

I have a DFGT, so no, but I'm getting a G27 as a gift for Christmas(thanks Santa:P) so I'll be using a clutch then. I like to keep it as realistic as possible and will be using the clutch all the time(with the exception of cars that have paddle shifters) because not like you can just turn off the clutch in a real car with manual transmission.

I'll have used it to show off how good the game is when I have visitors.

Its amazing how peoples eyes light up when you show them, especially when they've never seen a setup like the G25/G27.

I also use it when I have a play with a slightly better car than I need for a seasonal just for the challenge. I find it more fun than detuning it and changing the characteristics of the car.

I use it offline mostly and cruising online with friends. The clutch & H-pattern shifter helped me a lot during physio rehab (from Brown-Sequard Syndrome) and I can now drive manual cars again:tup:

I have the G27 btw

I use the clutch 99% of the time, including online. The only time I don't is if the car has more than six gears (even then, I often soldier on a cog down) or if it's just silly / non-functional (X2010 etc., some paddle-shift cars won't register the clutch, but I often engage the gears with the H-pattern still, like an old bus.) I also try to avoid using ABS, but my pedals are playing up, so I have to now if I want to be consistent.

I don't mind being slower, it's more fun with the clutch. :dopey:

I use the clutch on my G27 for everything except competitive online races or time trials.. otherwise, 1st, neutral, neutral, 4th, neutral, 2nd.. etc :)

I avoid it more than I should because manual shifting on the G27 is a little disappointing. It's all in the pedals (read: they suck).

I use the clutch sometimes for fun on cars without paddle shift
I find it hard to be consistent with it but its a nice toy when i'm just messing about

I use the clutch all the time. Adds more realism to the game. You have me confused tho. First you say you use it so you won't lose no time, and now you say using a clutch isn't faster. Why use it then if thats your way of thinking? I personally have no clue if it makes you faster or not, as I only use it for realism. But your two statements are contradictory.

Back