Wheels

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 224 comments
Bahrain
Island In The Sun
I tried looking a thread for posting your favorite wheels and I couldn't find one. So here's a thread for exactly that.
LiOlmK1JRrSdm8viJKXT_Mondeo8.jpg

jeff-26.jpg

Porsche-911_(966)_mp42_pic_105310.jpg

2011-saab-9-5-aero-turbo-6-rear-three-quarters-static.jpg

Last edited:
The problem with rims is that whether or not they look good depends on which car they're on. I don't think it's right to evaluate whether the rims look good by themselves, they have to be matched with a car. I almost never like aftermarket rims better than stock, so for me, the best entries in this thread will be stock rims that went perfectly with the car they were mated to.

I really like these on my 330i (this isn't mine). I just love the look of these rims compared to all of the others that came on the E46 (including the M3):

rw_640.jpg

As folks know from my other thread about my car, I love the late model year NSX rims as well:

ac2002nsx4901.jpg

I also really think these are cool:

maxresdefault.jpg

2002%20Subaru%20Impreza%20WRX%20STi_7.jpg

Favourite OEM Wheels

Mazda MX-5 (ND) (both 15" and 17" options)
2016-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-207-626x382.jpg

Abarth 500
1VL35JXYAB_fiat_abarth_wheels_black.jpg

Mercedes C63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Edition-1-5.jpg

Corvette Z06
c7%20z06%20black%20wheel.jpg

Favourite Aftermarket Wheels
(Just went with a trio which I think look good on modern performance cars)

Rotiform BLQ
Rotiform_BLQ_19x10_BLK_A1-3001.png

Work Emotion CR2P
q6rONRk.jpg

BBS CH-R
274_6_BBS_CH-R-schwarz-matt-seitlich.png

If you haven't opened the spoilers, then just know I like wheels which are hard to clean :sly:

The problem with rims is that whether or not they look good depends on which car they're on. I don't think it's right to evaluate whether the rims look good by themselves, they have to be matched with a car. I almost never like aftermarket rims better than stock, so for me, the best entries in this thread will be stock rims that went perfectly with the car they were mated to.

Why I went looking for factory wheels first for my car. There are some aftermarket options that look good on a DC5, but none of them work as well with the body as the stock '05-'06 RSX Type-S 17s...

stickers aren't stock, lol

15150377933_faa85d0f8a_b.jpg

22656398359_cbe0ea6004_c.jpg

Enkei RPF1 is a wheel I feel is almost universal, like the Desmond Regamaster Evo posted above. It just fits so many body styles...

sbc2.jpg

Nismo LM4 takes a certain body style, but when you've got that, they kill...

gallery_88711_4635_29473.jpg

LMGT4.jpg

Work VS-XX. These tend to better suit boxier cars, but every now and then they border on universal...

986_full.jpg

vipwheel-269.jpg

Last edited:
How can you not love the BBS RS?

image.jpeg

The BBS E50 Flat is also a nice wheel.

image.jpeg

The SSR Formula Mesh is another personal favorite.

image.jpeg

VXR
You owned a 320si, that's awesome. How was it?

Brilliant to drive. The engine was fantastic - not massively powerful, but it made a great noise and was really keen to rev. The gear ratios were quite tightly spaced, so it made the most of the power it had. It had loads of grip and felt really tied down to the road. It also had a carbon fibre cam cover, which was ridiculously awesome.

Like most BMWs, though, the steering wheel rim was stupidly thick, and aside from the wheels it looked just like an average diesel 3 Series. I lost it in a car park once. Also, during the year or so that I owned it it failed to start more times than my Peugeot 205, which had ("had" because it's fixed now) dodgy 25 year-old wiring as an excuse.

Anyhoo, here's another wheel I like:

911 R Light (2).jpg

Ah yes, the FI-R, so much better than the HRE P101 that looks so similar you'd think they're copying it.

Back