Wheels

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 224 comments
Brilliant to drive. The engine was fantastic - not massively powerful, but it made a great noise and was really keen to rev. The gear ratios were quite tightly spaced, so it made the most of the power it had. It had loads of grip and felt really tied down to the road. It also had a carbon fibre cam cover, which was ridiculously awesome.

View attachment 545581

I'd love to get one, but I've read some bad reports and the wife won't agree to a BMW, so I'll have to get something turbocharged like the Focus ST.

I absolutely love it when I spot an Si on the road. It was really dumb using those wheels on limited edition 320ds afterwards.

Ill admit, Im a sucker for NASCAR style steel wheels
12MTOUR1nk0623.jpg

@Beeblebrox237 - Whoa, part of the facelift I'm guessing? Since I've cut CAR out of my magazine diet, I miss out on a lot of the cooking models. Those are awesome; they sort of remind me of the the Sonata Hybrid's taillights. 👍

Yeah, they seem to have appeared only recently so I believe they're a newer option. I hadn't seen the Sonata Hybrid's taillights but they're very cool, and they definitely remind me of those wheels.

They were part of the 2014 m.y. facelift. Pity they are in 19 inch. If they were 18s they would probably fit my Vauxhall.

I don't think there's any *modern sports car that the Silhouettes wouldn't look good on.

Last edited:
It's too difficult to pick out favorites, since it depends on the car and use. If I had to choose one, it would probably be TE-37s.

I'll post some things I have been looking at recently.

Style 135 wheels
They grew on me after I put them back on after winter, though they are too heavy. They look pretty good on the e46 and possibly the z4. I'm not a fan of the deeper version and how they look on the 5 series.

Untitled3.jpg

Apex Arc-8 (Profile 3 - concave version)

apex 8.jpg

Apex PS-7
Good blend of conservative and sporty

IMAG0261_zps5b007ff0.jpg

Enkei NT03
For those who want to show more skin

nt1.jpg

nt2.jpg

nt3.jpg

Style 21 wheels
style 21.jpg

Style 23 wheels

Great combo with the E36 M3

kLtBIGq.jpg

The E36 M3 saloon is such a wonderful looking car.

In fact, every generation where they've offered the M3 as a four door, I think it's looked much better than the coupe.

Silhouettes are great, but there is a very delicate tire profile balance that I don't think the picture above works with before they look silly.

I prefer the 166's to they 135's. 135's just seem like a knock off of the full fat M5 wheels, though I prefer the filled in spokes of the 166's too.

As for the 21's, they nice enough till you see them fitted the wrong way, or even worse, mixed direction.

SVX
The Jaguar logo?
I like it's bitonality, edginess and it's lambda shaped arches, especially comparing to others offered in XF and XE S. Especially in dark grey colour car looks a lot better. Hopefully SVRs will have these too.

Back