Wheels

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 223 comments
7-spoke Mercedes Fuchs alloys are terribly handsome.

s-l1600.png

clk-bat3-64-72610.jpg

Revisiting polycasts. These were optional on seventh generation Ford Thunderbird and their Mercury Cougar siblings.

unnamed-4-1584367859666@2x.jpg

The aluminum "turbine" wheels that were available on these cars are maybe more objectively attractive--they're definitely lighter--but I appreciate polycasts because they're polycasts.
Said aluminum wheels:

1073.JPG

Among the best looking turbines, OEM or aftermarket.

[long sigh]

1977-ford-thunderbird

Another 'bird had some gorgeous turbines, and it was much more deserving of them.

30779998-1983-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg

30779951-1983-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg

I don't like oversized steel wheels. Twice the sidewall with the same OD and a bigger gap above the tire and then sure.

Speaking of (I might as well post it in this thread), I'm excited because Konig is doing their first line of fully forged wheels this year and they are (for the first time I think?) doing 120.65x5 pattern in an almost identical size to the C5 Z06 rear wheels but even lighter and almost certainly less expensive than new actual-Speedlines are.

1711144776682.png

I really like these ones.

Last edited:
Speaking of (I might as well post it in this thread), I'm excited because Konig is doing their first line of fully forged wheels this year and they are (for the first time I think?) doing 120.65x5 pattern in an almost identical size to the C5 Z06 rear wheels but even lighter and almost certainly less expensive than new actual-Speedlines are.

View attachment 1339491

I really like these ones.
BBS CHR vibes but I'm guessing for way less money. That little lip profile on the back edge of the spokes really does a lot of these type of wheel designs, IMO, and its why the BBS examples always tend to have a bit more finesse than their competitors.

Back